The official Hilda thread...

Tick

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 1 2006, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 31 2006, 08:47 PM)
I KNOW WHO IT IIIISSSS!!!  nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.  laugh.gif

this has to be as lame as it gets ! the coward needs to come forward and fess up to this travesty. if you know who it is necro, your loyalty to that person should and must not over ride your status as a flame keeper administrator. come forth with the name and no one will be harmed, you have my word. otherwise the hilda police(not yet in existence) will find and bring this person to justice ! lastly im sorry goobs that this world is such a cold cruel place, if you were a pawn in some twisted game, this is an unforgivable act. DISSPICABLE ! angry.gif

This is like the US Civil War, turning brother against brother.

Look at what we've become. Where once we were a brotherhood united by our quest, we're now riven by suspicion, doubt and mistrust.

But, it's caught me too.

Necro, you are my friend, my comrade, but, but, in these difficult times I haev to speak my mind

This ISP thing, it all smells a bit fishy to me sunshine. How did you get this 'smoking gun' information? If you have it, why don't you share it? I think you might be the FakeHilda. And let's face it you've got form on this front.

Detective Disco

Officer of the thrid rank FakeHilda Police

QUOTE (Disco @ Aug 1 2006, 08:06 AM)

this has to be as lame as it gets ! the coward needs to come forward and fess up to this travesty. if you know who it is necro, your loyalty to that person should and must not over ride your status as a flame keeper administrator. come forth with the name and no one will be harmed, you have my word. otherwise the hilda police(not yet in existence) will find and bring this person to justice ! lastly im sorry goobs that this world is such a cold cruel place, if you were a pawn in some twisted game, this is an unforgivable act. DISSPICABLE ! angry.gif

Look at what we've become. Where once we were a brotherhood united by our quest, we're now riven by suspicion, doubt and mistrust.

But, it's caught me too.

Necro, you are my friend, my comrade, but, but, in these difficult times I haev to speak my mind

This ISP thing, it all smells a bit fishy to me sunshine. How did you get this 'smoking gun' information? If you have it, why don't you share it? I think you might be the FakeHilda. And let's face it you've got form on this front.

Detective Disco

NOPE!!! not me Brother Flamer. no.gif

I have given quite the many clues as to where my suspicion lies. Just read my words in any of the posts in regard to this.

I'm wrong about the ISP thing. My only proof is that "hilda's" profile has a user's time stamp just like our user time stamp. "hilda's" time stamp matches ONE fellow flamer's time stamp here at TRF. It's speculation, but i'm thinking it's enough evidence to press charges. laugh.gif

Now... the person i'm insinuating did this, MUST know i'm talking about him... uhh... her... whatever, it's too hard to figure out anymore. They should come forward NOW and give themselves up. yes.gif

As one who was swayed into thinking he could fool the Brotherhood of Flamers myself, I could not hold it against this person. I would hope the rest of you would be as full of love and understanding as I. yes.gif

As long as the decietful person fesses up soon that is. yes.gif

I've just read your post Necro.

Maybe we can take good from this, maybe this is what we needed. For a moment there I tasted the joy of her return. Maybe Goobs sighting was true, maybe it's wasn't. Whatever.

The important thing is that I felt for a sweet and delicious moment how good it would be to have the prize of Her return. A sweet elixir pouring joy into my heart, a pure moment of bliss!

I'm thru with cynicism, I'm a Hilda Believer!!

'Then I saw her post, now I'm a Believer!

Not a trace of doubt in my mind.

I'm in love, I'm a believer!

I couldn't find her if I tried.'

Switch flames to ignite gentlemen!!!!Love to all

Disco

PS If you think your post will make us forget we have to catch the FakeHilda, think again...

i never thought id see the day, someone has betrayed the bretheran. as hilda reached 1000 posts of hope, alas contoversy has struck. please come forth bogus hilda and all will be forgiven,(i guess) yes.gif no.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif oh who knows if thell be forgiven, just admitt your guilt !

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 08:15 AM)
QUOTE (Disco @ Aug 1 2006, 08:06 AM)

But, it's caught me too.

Detective Disco

NOPE!!! not me Brother Flamer. no.gif

I have given quite the many clues as to where my suspicion lies. Just read my words in any of the posts in regard to this.

I'm wrong about the ISP thing. My only proof is that "hilda's" profile has a user's time stamp just like our user time stamp. "hilda's" time stamp matches ONE fellow flamer's time stamp here at TRF. It's speculation, but i'm thinking it's enough evidence to press charges. laugh.gif

Now... the person i'm insinuating did this, MUST know i'm talking about him... uhh... her... whatever, it's too hard to figure out anymore. They should come forward NOW and give themselves up. yes.gif

As one who was swayed into thinking he could fool the Brotherhood of Flamers myself, I could not hold it against this person. I would hope the rest of you would be as full of love and understanding as I. yes.gif

As long as the decietful person fesses up soon that is. yes.gif

YES!!! I had the 1000th HILDA POST!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

As my flame had been reignited to the highest of heigths, hottest of hots, and burniest of burn... i celebrate my re-birth with THE 1000th HILDA POST.

THANK YOU all my Fellow Flamers!!!

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 04:02 AM)
Rest assured my friend.  It is NOT hilda.  Not OUR hilda.  no.gif  BUT... what this mockery... this forgery... this bastardization of our wishes and dreams HAS done... it has made my flame BURN AGAIN.  yes.gif 

No longer just a flicker... no longer just a weak spark... but my flame of hope BURNS ANEW with the hope and prayers for hilda's return.  I am now CONVINCED that when the new CD arrives... so will hilda.  yes.gif

I sadly take a different view. While, yes, I'd be lying if I said this didn't re-ignite my flame of hope, I fear that if truly DOES turn out to be an imposter, that my flame will not only be re-extinguished, but that my despair will be greater than ever before.

I feel like a marionette being controlled by a cruel puppet master making me do unspeakable acts against my will as he looks on with malice, cackling gleefully, his hot breath engulfing me in wave after wave of putridity as I watch him eat sandwich after sandwich, leaving for me only the odd crumbs that tumble off his meatball grinders and low-fat turkey, ham and cheese subs. The only water I have to drink is his vile saliva from when he constantly spits at me while raining down upon me a barrage of degrading, derogatory profanity from his comfortable, smug, wealthy, stately home whilst i live in squalor and abject poverty in the dankest parts of the city where raw sewage flows like a river through...

... um, am I still typing? unsure.gif

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2006, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 04:02 AM)
Rest assured my friend.  It is NOT hilda.  Not OUR hilda.  no.gif  BUT... what this mockery... this forgery... this bastardization of our wishes and dreams HAS done... it has made my flame BURN AGAIN.  yes.gif 

No longer just a flicker... no longer just a weak spark... but my flame of hope BURNS ANEW with the hope and prayers for hilda's return.  I am now CONVINCED that when the new CD arrives... so will hilda.  yes.gif

I sadly take a different view. While, yes, I'd be lying if I said this didn't re-ignite my flame of hope, I fear that if truly DOES turn out to be an imposter, that my flame will not only be re-extinguished, but that my despair will be greater than ever before.

I feel like a marionette being controlled by a cruel puppet master making me do unspeakable acts against my will as he looks on with malice, cackling gleefully, his hot breath engulfing me in wave after wave of putridity as I watch him eat sandwich after sandwich, leaving for me only the odd crumbs that tumble off his meatball grinders and low-fat turkey, ham and cheese subs. The only water I have to drink is his vile saliva from when he constantly spits at me while raining down upon me a barrage of degrading, derogatory profanity from his comfortable, smug, wealthy, stately home whilst i live in squalor and abject poverty in the dankest parts of the city where raw sewage flows like a river through...

... um, am I still typing? unsure.gif

ph34r.gif

You just perfectly described what it feels like after reading a GOOBER post. laugh.gif

at the end of it i find myself saying...

uhhh... am i still READING? confused13.gif

moon.gif

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 1 2006, 10:07 AM)
You mean Hilda changed her or his name and is back ? Yahooooooooo come on now we have been keeping the flame going for you to come for way to long now Fess up !!

No Blonde... someone is charading AS hilda over at counterparts AND at some silly obscure KANSAS forum.

KANSAS.... can you believe people even bother to listen to THEM, much less TALK about them on the internet???

moon.gif

http://www.comunidaddelapipa.com/noticias/uploaded_images/doctor-Watson-ursula-avalos-leon-749349.jpg

Listen Holmes... stick that pipe up your arse eh? First of all... NECRO is just pure GENIUS and having already pulled a FHS, why would he do it again. Secondly... I'm trying to score with this young lady here... so leave me the f**k alone would ya', ya' dime store detective???

Yesterday while IMming Necro, he accused ME of being "the fake Hilda". I really don't think that these kinds of accusations are very productive. Admittedly, my first thought with the whole scenario was that it was Tick or Necro pulling a fast one on me, but it just didn't/doesn't seem to be the case as far as I can tell. The time thing is suspicious, yes, but that can just be from a lack of caring when this "Hilda" created "her" account on CP. All I can say is, without posting "her" PM's to me word for word (as I don't think that's cool to do), it seems to fit. The tone of the PM's is very casual, like she's totally oblivious to what's going on, and there are even spelling and grammar errors, which would seem to fit with not really caring to sign up with the correct time zone when creating a profile.

I don't know, I'm really not convinced yet that this is a cruel joke. Time will tell. I think this Rush quote speaks perfectly to what's going on here:

To stand within the Pleasure Dome

Decreed by Kubla Khan

To taste anew the fruits of life

The last immortal man

To find the sacred river Alph

To walk the caves of ice

Oh, I will dine on honeydew

And drink the milk of Paradise

Ok, admittedly the lyrics to Xanadu have nothing at all to do with this situation, but they're just so darn nifty, so what the hell! unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2006, 11:01 AM)
Yesterday while IMming Necro, he accused ME of being "the fake Hilda". I really don't think that these kinds of accusations are very productive. Admittedly, my first thought with the whole scenario was that it was Tick or Necro pulling a fast one on me, but it just didn't/doesn't seem to be the case as far as I can tell. The time thing is suspicious, yes, but that can just be from a lack of caring when this "Hilda" created "her" account on CP. All I can say is, without posting "her" PM's to me word for word (as I don't think that's cool to do), it seems to fit. The tone of the PM's is very casual, like she's totally oblivious to what's going on, and there are even spelling and grammar errors, which would seem to fit with not really caring to sign up with the correct time zone when creating a profile.

I don't know, I'm really not convinced yet that this is a cruel joke. Time will tell. I think this Rush quote speaks perfectly to what's going on here:

To stand within the Pleasure Dome
Decreed by Kubla Khan
To taste anew the fruits of life
The last immortal man
To find the sacred river Alph
To walk the caves of ice
Oh, I will dine on honeydew
And drink the milk of Paradise

Ok, admittedly the lyrics to Xanadu have nothing at all to do with this situation, but they're just so darn nifty, so what the hell! unsure.gif

XAN... A... Duuuuu...uuuuu...uuuuu

laugh.gif

As one of the most PREDOMINANT FLAMERS here... YOU, more than anyone should know... HILDA doesn't make spelling and punctuation errors.

But you can keep holding on to your hope. Or whatever it IS that you're holding on to. unsure.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 05:05 PM)
HILDA doesn't make spelling and punctuation errors. 

Very fast work again Necro. Hmmmmm.

You're right on the spelling, less so on the grammar.

Hilda's posts use a future, no doubt better, form of grammar that we do not yet use (but no doubt will when we fully understand her genius) with lower case i, no paragraph breaks and the like

But there aren't spelling mistakes, which you say there are in the PMs. Could this just be a function of a lack of spell check on Counterparts?

Goobs, you're right not to post her PMs, but how do they compare?

Love to all

Disco

Edited by Disco

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 1 2006, 11:15 AM)
wacko.gif unsure.gif Ok i want the truth & nothing but the truth Hilda get your butt in here and stop this Now blah.gif fists crying.gif eh.gif

http://www.filmsondisc.com/images/kindergartencop.jpg

Here me nowwww.... listen to me later... it is NOT A HILDA!!!

QUOTE (Disco @ Aug 1 2006, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 05:05 PM)
HILDA doesn't make spelling and punctuation errors. 

Very fast work again Necro. Hmmmmm.

You're right on the spelling, less so on the grammar.

Hilda's posts use a future, no doubt better, form of grammar that we do not yet use (but no doubt will when we fully understand her genius) with lower case i, no paragraph breaks and the like

But there aren't spelling mistakes, which you say there are in the PMs. Could this just be a function of a lack of spell check on Counterparts?

Goobs, you're right not to post her PMs, but how do they compare?

Love to all

Disco

I've seen Highlan.... uhh... i mean the fake Hilda's pm's to Goober and they are nothing at all like the real hilda's posts from her short, but historical time HERE at TRF. A time, I might add... that did NOT have a spell check feature as a post option. yes.gif

Good try though Sherlock. but alas.....

WRONG AGAIN!!!

Actually, I just did something that I've been meaning to do since yesterday. I went back and read every post she did on TRF (all 20 of them! tongue.gif) and looked very carefully at the grammar and spelling, and then i looked at the two PM's she sent me. I gotta say that they are VERY close! If someone is playing a prank, they went to a LOT of trouble and are doing a very good job of it! I noticed in her TRF posts that sometimes she starts sentences with a capital letter, sometimes not, that sometimes there is an extra space between a sentence and a period or exclamation point, and she sometims likes to use more than one exclamation point when emphasizing a point. There are also sometimes extra spaces between a word and a comma, sometimes not. Many of these factors show up in the PM's

Now, in the interests of full disclosure, there are a couple of points from the other side. First, there are more spelling errors and transposed letters in the PM's, than in her posts (of which there ARE some spelling errors in her posts), but that could be a result of the more casual natures of PM's where people tend to do less proofreading.

I guess the most suspicious factor is that in a PM she said "rumours". Either this is a spelling error, or a givewaway that this person is European, as Americans spell it "rumors".

I also looked at a sampling of posts from the person Necro is accusing of portraying Hilda, and none of these spelling or grammatical errors are present, so if this person IS playing a prank, they've again gone to a lot of trouble to make it seem like "not them".

So, in the end my sleuthing hasn't turned up anything definitive, but it does show that it could still go either way. I am most definitively NOT convinced that this is an imposter. Should further evidence pop up, I may change that assumption...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 1 2006, 11:21 AM)
Actually, I just did something that I've been meaning to do since yesterday. I went back and read every post she did on TRF (all 20 of them! tongue.gif) and looked very carefully at the grammar and spelling, and then i looked at the two PM's she sent me. I gotta say that they are VERY close! If someone is playing a prank, they went to a LOT of trouble and are doing a very good job of it! I noticed in her TRF posts that sometimes she starts sentences with a capital letter, sometimes not, that sometimes there is an extra space between a sentence and a period or exclamation point, and she sometims likes to use more than one exclamation point when emphasizing a point. There are also sometimes extra spaces between a word and a comma, sometimes not. Many of these factors show up in the PM's

Now, in the interests of full disclosure, there are a couple of points from the other side. First, there are more spelling errors and transposed letters in the PM's, than in her posts (of which there ARE some spelling errors in her posts), but that could be a result of the more casual natures of PM's where people tend to do less proofreading.

I guess the most suspicious factor is that in a PM she said "rumours". Either this is a spelling error, or a givewaway that this person is European, as Americans spell it "rumors".

I also looked at a sampling of posts from the person Necro is accusing of portraying Hilda, and none of these spelling or grammatical errors are present, so if this person IS playing a prank, they've again gone to a lot of trouble to make it seem like "not them".

So, in the end my sleuthing hasn't turned up anything definitive, but it does show that it could still go either way. I am most definitively NOT convinced that this is an imposter. Should further evidence pop up, I may change that assumption...

Y'know... me and CeeJ discussed the word RUMOUR also. Just forgot to mention it today. I think the spelling errors, as there were so many in those pms, are to throw accusation on ANOTHER Flamer.... our leader TICK himself.

Everyone knows Tick can't spell for beans, or space after a comma... so that would be a perfect way of throwing the light of accusation on HIM. But I ain't buyin' it for a second. no.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 1 2006, 07:18 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 1 2006, 11:15 AM)
wacko.gif  unsure.gif Ok i want the truth & nothing but the truth Hilda get your butt in here and stop this Now  blah.gif  fists crying.gif  eh.gif

http://www.filmsondisc.com/images/kindergartencop.jpg

Here me nowwww.... listen to me later... it is NOT A HILDA!!!

No offense Necro, but there HAVE been times here on TRF when you were throughly convinced that something was going on or that something seemed to be the case, only to find out later that you were mistaken. You do not have a 100% infallibility record, so even though you seem very convinced and are very convincing that is NOT HER, I just can't blindly accept that fact based on the evidence presented thus far.

I remain open-minded as to the genuineness of this "Hilda".

http://www.kidport.com/RefLib/UsaHistory/CalGoldRush/Images/JudgeLynch.gif

Back in the old west... THIS is what happened to someone who "portrayed" someone else.

I say we "string up" the hilda impersonator when he/she has been found.

laugh.gif

Necro ignites torches and leads the mob.

laugh.gif