the colts

Tick

have the colts lost some of there luster ,or will they pick up right where they left off before they lost 3 in a row.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. have the colts lost some of there luster ,or will they pick up right where they left off before they lost 3 in a row.

• will be eaten by wolves.
    • will not get to the superbowl.
    • will win superbowl.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 06:30 PM)
Reading back through this thread laughing my ass off. rofl3.gif

Yes, it is funny, isn't it.

Even more amusing is looking back after the fact at predictions of the "expert" talking heads on TV, who get it wrong at least as often as they get it right.

And that is just talking about predictions before a particular game.

For a real laugh riot, go back and reread pre-season predictions in any sports magazine.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 17 2006, 11:39 AM)
I admit that I was wrong.  Again, I forgot about the Manning choke factor.

I don't know.

I don't think we should blame this loss entirely on Manning. It wasn't his fault that his offensive line stunk up the field.

It's entirely possible that Manning will go the way of Marino, as was said in another thread. Then again, as someone else also pointed out, Elway seemed that way a long time before finally winning the Super Bowl twice at the very end of his career.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 17 2006, 11:43 AM)

I don't know.

I don't think we should blame this loss entirely on Manning. It wasn't his fault that his offensive line stunk up the field.

It's entirely possible that Manning will go the way of Marino, as was said in another thread. Then again, as someone else also pointed out, Elway seemed that way a long time before finally winning the Super Bowl twice at the very end of his career.

Not entirely. But he did choke. He was a nervous wreck out there.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 17 2006, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jan 17 2006, 11:43 AM)

I don't know.

Not entirely. But he did choke. He was a nervous wreck out there.

Well, part of the reason he looked like a wreck early on was that the Steelers kept smashing through his offensive line and wrecking him.

Anyway, maybe you are right.

I think it is interesting that during all the time Manning was a highly rated college quarterback at Tennessee, that Tennessee never even won the SEC championship, let alone the National Championship. Then, the very next year after Manning left for the NFL, Tennessee went all the way and won not only the SEC championship, but the National Championship as well, with pretty much the same team except with a different quarterback.

At the postgame press conference, Manning cited a "pass protection problem." It was pretty clear he placed the blame squarely on his line. I'd be amazed if his offensive line would ever want to work hard to protect him again after making such a statement.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 17 2006, 07:20 AM)
At the postgame press conference, Manning cited a "pass protection problem." It was pretty clear he placed the blame squarely on his line. I'd be amazed if his offensive line would ever want to work hard to protect him again after making such a statement.

His line was trying to spread out the steelers defense, then the steelers were blitzing some of the secondary and they were unblocked half the time. It was the offensive scheme not so much the players. I have a feeling coach Shanahan will watch the tapes and adjust a little better than Dungy did. We will see. I think the Chargers exploited how to beat the colts a few weeks ago and Dungy was never able to make the proper adjustments.

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jan 17 2006, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 17 2006, 01:19 PM)
...chopped up for horsemeat rofl3.gif

anyone fancy a Vanderjagt leg?

You mean Vandershank. That's what we called him at WV. He was not a good kicker at WVU. Canada did wonders for him.

They must have did wonders, now he is the most accurate kicker in the history in the NFL.

The Pitt D simply reared up and refused to be denied in this game. As impressive a D performance as you're likely to see in the playoffs. Pitt won with pass 2.gif plain and simple. Reminded me of the '85 Bears. If they can do it twice more, they'll deserve their place beside the gay bay brawlers and the cow pies. But I wouldn't bet on it! dazed025.gif

It just goes to show you, a quarterback is only as good as their offensive line, and offensive scheme.

Manning is a great quarterback, but if you put him behind the Detroit lions offensive line and he would be just another Quarterback.

Offensive linemen are way underrated in the NFL. They make or break a QB.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 17 2006, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Jan 17 2006, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 17 2006, 01:19 PM)
...chopped up for horsemeat rofl3.gif

anyone fancy a Vanderjagt leg?

You mean Vandershank. That's what we called him at WV. He was not a good kicker at WVU. Canada did wonders for him.

They must have did wonders, now he is the most accurate kicker in the history in the NFL.

more than viniteri? i guess that's because brady has many touchdowns but then so does manning.

confused13.gif

Archived