Ever Get Tired of RUSH?

Kirsten

QUOTE (Margana @ Dec 18 2005, 06:01 AM)
I think that with any music, if you listen to it continuously, you will become bored.
Like most of the replies, I listen to a variety of music but if I were told that I could only listen to one group, it would have to be RUSH.

P.S Good picture Nebbish - most here won't understand.

nebbs picture is george best (in green) about to rob the ball from gordon banks

I don't really get sick of Rush since I constantly listen to a variety of different music (I only listen to them maybe 5% of the time, if that). But when I do listen to Rush, it's usually a live show from my collection.

no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

having been a fan for 24 years, i would hope there were times where i stopped listening here or there or that would be almost scary. seriously though, i tend to go in phases with certain groups where i'll listen to them a lot or at least pretty regularly and then burn out on them and put them aside for months or years at a time. this happened to me several times with rush just like with any other group, no matter how much i love them. the most memorable period was when roll the bones came out. i never even bought the album (i did many years later) but i think i heard the title song with the rap and that just turned me off completely. i was already thinking presto was a good bit of a step downward from everything that had come before, and so i layed off rush for awhile, figuring their best days were behind them. i don't think i bought counterparts right when it came out, but soon thereafter, and it was such a fine return to form that i went through another rush phase for awhile. test for echo i bought when it came out and that again was a major letdown to where i let it go again for awhile, especially as i was getting into other forms of music around that time, but i went through phases with rush still, listening to them from time to time, still loving their 70's and 80's material with a passion. rush has been the most enduring group i've ever loved in terms of them being the only group that i listened to when i was 12 that i still listen to often and keep returning to no matter what. by the time VT came around i was like most rush fans extremely excited as it had been forever since T4E. my bitter disappointment at that album didn't stop me from listening to rush, but was proof for me that their best days were indeed behind them. when i became a fan the incredible moving pictures was out, and their next 4 albums for me were nearly flawless, but then it started going dowhnill for me with the exception of counterparts and some individual songs. still, i love rush tremendously and have been on a rush kick for quite some time where i've been listening regularly. they're one of those groups that always deliver and it's rare now that i listen to it and get tired of it, but in the same vein i stay away from 4 of their last 5 albums except on occasion. after 24 years, i'll be shocked if i ever put aside rush for more then brief periods of time, but i also hope sincerely that they have one more great album in them. i haven't given up hope, but i'm extremely skeptical. please don't hate me for not loving 4 of their studio albums. i do love 13 of them (14 if you include feedback). there is no other group where i own 18 studio albums and love 14 of them - that really is an incredible batting average as far as i'm concerned.

2.gif forever! wub.gif

Yes, I have listened to rush since Their Debut came out...I will go 30 days sometimes without listening to them but ya know, I went yearsw without listening to Hold Your Fire or Grace Under Pressure.

One of my favorite things to do is to listen to Hemispgeres and Farewell To Kings back to back with my headphones on---very meditative

So I hear 2006 is gonna be a new Rush Album?

This certainly raises a good question!

There have been periods when I've had my share of listening to 2.gif and set them aside for awhile. After all, I am an avid music fan and have plenty of other bands I love....like The Police/Sting, Yes, Jeff Beck, Pat Metheny, Eric Johnson, too many to name!

But 2.gif will always truly have my heart.....their huge catalogue of music is so versatile and every album has something special about it. Not to mention, none of their albums sound anything alike! So that keeps it interesting in my opinion. I often wonder how I ever found the time to go through and listen to every single album anyway (being only 26 yrs old, I didn't get to hear them as they were being released), but I'm definitely glad I did some catching up!!

"Get tired of" is a bit strong. But I can go a week or more without listening to Rush. Yah yah I know this might be considered blasphemy in these parts but that's how it goes. I'm sure 'the boys' wouldn't disapprove. And when it comes down to it, they're still my favorite and I still play the sh*t outta my CDs 2.gif .

Archived