RIP, Pegi Cecconi

blueschica

It appears that Pegi Cecconi, original Anthem office manager and huge supporter of Rush,  has passed away. Howard Ungerlieder has posted a tribute on his social media.  I don't have any other news about it right now.

From Howard- "Goodbye to an incredibly wonderful and exciting friend who really knew how to enjoy a good time.  Godspeed Peg, they have no idea who is arriving on their doorstep. You were always so awesome- we love you!"

News confirmed by Alex- “I’m going to get the f**k outta here.” - Pegi Cecconi, QOFE.   On her chosen date and time, because she was the Queen Of f***ing Everthing, Pegi got the f**k outta here. Bless you EC and RR - incredible ladies-in-waiting for her Royal f***ing Highness."

This article talks a lot about her background, and her accomplishments in the Canadian entertainment industry.  She will be missed!  

https://ca.billboard.com/fyi/queen-pegi-earns-walt-grealis-special-achievement-honour

rp2YokAl.png  fpxuRiFl.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

I called the Anthem office a couple of times in the early 90's asking about Rush news, next albums and stuff.  She always held the line for the band, but was also very friendly and personable on the phone.

RIP - and thank you for being nice to a slightly annoying fan.

Edited by grep
  • Like 4

On 3/28/2024 at 4:58 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

RIP Pegi. A huge part of Rush's history, and a name we heard a lot when we first opened this board almost 20 years ago.

Very sad. HUGE loss. Didn't realize she was ill.

• Like 1