Rush's least streamed song on Spotify is....

taurus

7 hours ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

How could it not be Tai Shan. John?

Because Tai Shan is on a more well known and shorter album. People are more likely to listen to Hold Your Fire than Vapor Trails due to it being an older album that they might have fond memories attached to.

On 12/9/2023 at 7:32 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Because Tai Shan is on a more well known and shorter album. People are more likely to listen to Hold Your Fire than Vapor Trails due to it being an older album that they might have fond memories attached to.

And - though I love Vapor Trails -  getting to the end of the album is nearly impossible because of how it sounds

• Like 3

On 12/2/2023 at 3:49 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Dude I was literally in high school when I first heard that, and even then I thought it was cringey. There are worse sins than being forgettable. I can’t tell you how OotC goes off the top of my head, but so know I wouldn’t shut it off if it was on because I know I enjoy it. Heresy and YBYL are endurance tests of annoyance and cringe.

I would have thought Superconductor would be the least, that defines cringey for me

On 12/2/2023 at 8:17 AM, J2112YYZ said:

That's because it's a better song. Out Of The Cradle is just flat out blah. Anagram at least has a catchy melody that can bring you back to listening to it again.

If you can get through the word salad of Anagram, just too much crammed into that song.  I enjoy Vapor Trails much more

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

I don't think Out of the Cradle ranking last for number of streams has much of anything to do with the quality of the song itself. There are maybe a dozen Rush songs that people would seek out specifically (Tom Sawyer, TSoR, Closer to the Heart, YYZ, etc.) and the rest would largely be listened to in the context of the entire album they came from. So with that in mind, it makes sense that the last song on the band's longest album (and one that's notoriously hard to sit through because of the headache-inducing production) would have the fewest streams.

Mystery solved.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2023 at 9:16 AM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

For sure, Anagram does have a certain something. After hearing it for the first time I did go back and listen to it again to confirm that it was the bland, uninspired and non-Rush-like filler track that I suspected it was. Sadly, my suspicions were confirmed, and I haven't listened to it since 1989. :wink:

Why all the Anagram hate D: the lyrics are quite good and Neil has some tasty fills all throughout!

• Like 3

On 12/2/2023 at 12:16 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

For sure, Anagram does have a certain something. After hearing it for the first time I did go back and listen to it again to confirm that it was the bland, uninspired and non-Rush-like filler track that I suspected it was. Sadly, my suspicions were confirmed, and I haven't listened to it since 1989. :wink:

7 minutes ago, chain__lightning said:

Why all the Anagram hate D: the lyrics are quite good and Neil has some tasty fills all throughout!

Hmmmm....

:no:

:biggrin:

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 7:32 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Also, Tai Shan is a better song.

It has a discernible melody, a catchier chorus, a more interesting arrangement, a more compelling drum track, better harmonies, better (and more understandable) singing and is more personal in nature. 

• Like 2