Jump to content

The Official 2023-24 Football (Soccer) Thread


Nova Carmina
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Let us hope for that!!!  I like the analogy - ahhh, the football thread.  Or is it the history thread?  References to 1588, 1683, winged hussars.  Helps to know your history if you are going to post in here.

1410 was a banger.    :smash:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, condemned2bfree said:

:biggrin:Yeah, strangely enough. England seemed to have stepped it up some with this game -it's great end 2 end. Tho IF they get to the final, Spain look strong. 

Holland seems scared of England. We hardly see Pickford on the screen. Spain looks like the favorite of the three. What did you think of the Kane penalty? ITV was unanimous, no penalty. But that's ITV. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

England 2 Holland 1 :ohmy: Kane sub saves the team from extra-time. It will still be a massive task beating Spain. The ball possession should be on the Spaniards' side. 

Great that England won - esp, after seeing Spain win.  Now I just have to hope for the best and assume Spain will win - likely by a comfortable margin.  I don't think it will be close.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

England 2 Holland 1 :ohmy: Kane sub saves the team from extra-time. It will still be a massive task beating Spain. The ball possession should be on the Spaniards' side. 

Yeah it's going to be tough for England, but an interesting game no doubt. Wish they had a Gascoine type player - thinking out the box, unpredictable. They always get predictable in the last quarter, in attack. I want England to win, but see it a Spain victory.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, condemned2bfree said:

Yeah it's going to be tough for England, but an interesting game no doubt. Wish they had a Gascoine type player - thinking out the box, unpredictable. They always get predictable in the last quarter, in attack. I want England to win, but see it a Spain victory.

The one advantage I see England having is in height. Centering passes might be the key to victory. That is why I'd like to see Southgate giving Palmer more minutes, but I guess Trippier has seniority. As far as Spain goes, it'll be interesting to watch what they do if they get their noses in front. Will they start defending like in games against France and especially Germany, or will they try to finish off England.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Switching the topic for a moment to the COPA, anybody else happy that the final wound up as is and not what it could have been going into the semi's?  

Seems like the best matchup to me

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greggggg Berhalter is out! Frankly, his teams were never that confidence-boosting. Good luck to him doing something else.

 

Now, who's next in the most frustrating job in national soccer? Klopp? Unlikely. Poach Marsch from Canada? Steve Cherundulo?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Greggggg Berhalter is out! Frankly, his teams were never that confidence-boosting. Good luck to him doing something else.

 

Now, who's next in the most frustrating job in national soccer? Klopp? Unlikely. Poach Marsch from Canada? Steve Cherundulo?

I hope you didn't go to that Colombia - Uruguay match.  :bitchslap: :poke: :smash:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Spain in total control but can't break through that English wall. It's still very strange to see England in the role of San Marino.  Looking forward to a better second half. 

Well, that didn't take long. With a name like Williams, shouldn't he be playing for England?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Ugh - not shocked but not happy.  What a terrible outcome.  Expected it though.  Still, Spain had a good day.  They win the Euro & Carlos wins Wimbledon.

 

But Spain did not do so well in the Speedway of Nations.   :tongue:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...