Newly Released footage of the Opening Night Of The Vapor Trails Tour (Return of the Professor)

TheGhostRider

A very special thanks to 78Jazz for sending me the footage. It has finally been unearthed as a result. Working with my good friend StickHits to restore all of the footage to a more watchable state. Wanted to share it with you guys first since I would have never been able to do the project to begin without the Forum. Please check it out and stay tuned to see more songs uploaded. 

• Like 10

I don't even like that song, but man that sounded *great*. Super tight!

It supports my humble opinion that the Vapor Trails/R30 tours were their absolute height as a live act. 

• Like 4

On 4/8/2023 at 4:32 PM, 78jazz said:

Corrupted files?

What was wrong?

Video files were in bad shape when I got them. Some of the songs were very pixelated and one song Ceiling Unlimited was unplayable for about 25 seconds. The audio also cut out a lot. Basically the files showed their age 

Edited by TheGhostRider

7 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I don't even like that song, but man that sounded *great*. Super tight!

It supports my humble opinion that the Vapor Trails/R30 tours were their absolute height as a live act. 

With Rush In Rio being the peak :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, TheGhostRider said:

Video files were in bad shape when I got them. Some of the songs were very pixelated and one song ceiling Unlimited was unplayable for about 25 seconds. The audio also cut out a lot. Basically the files showed their age 

Must've been really early digital video? I just assumed the source was a tape.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheGhostRider said:

Video files were in bad shape when I got them. Some of the songs were very pixelated and one song ceiling Unlimited was unplayable for about 25 seconds. The audio also cut out a lot. Basically the files showed their age 

And yet it sounded so much better than the low end muddy, rumble that their last few tours sounded like.  

9 hours ago, Pound of Obscure said:

And yet it sounded so much better than the low end muddy, rumble that their last few tours sounded like.  

The audio in the video has been mixed and adjusted heavily thanks to Stickhits. We used a variety of different external audio sources because we felt the camera audio wasn't great and it would have required a lot of extra work to fix. I resynced the audio to the video for the songs. It was a big collaborative effort and probably the most fun I've had doing a project in a while

Edited by TheGhostRider
  • Like 3

Thank you, everyone, involved in bringing this to us.

Every time something like this is presented, it's like a nugget found in the ground! 

You all make it shine :heart:

• Like 3