Is Rush your favorite live act?

Slime

Is Rush your favorite live act?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rush your favorite live act?

• Rush are my #1 favorite live act by far! All others trail behind them!
    • They're #1 sometimes, but it depends on my mood - others are equally awesome!
    • Rush is in my top 5 of live acts - competition at the top is fierce!
    • Rush is in my top 10 of live acts
    • Not even a top 10 live act - Just too many other greats to compete with

Hey, I thought of another one! :biggrin::thumbsup:  :wink::tongue:

Is Rush your favorite live act??

The albums are awesome, but does their live show light you up??

(Key phrase yet again  - "favorite", not necessarily "the best")

(and yes, we are talking about rock groups - no use comparing them to a comedian or a magic show :glare::tongue:)

Whaddya say??

Are we talking live as in "favorite I've ever seen" or as in "favorite I ever heard"?

I've never seen Led Zeppelin live, but they're probably my favorite recordings to listen to because of the differences (good and bad) between the live versions and the studio recordings. Same goes for Pink Floyd, esp in the early to mid-70s stuff, because they did things like play a variation of  The Dark Side ("The Violent Sequence") for a year before the album came out, or playing "Raving and Drooling" before it ever became "Sheep."

It's a small, maybe stupid thing, but one of my favorite things Rush ever did was add that funky little ending to "Closer to the Heart"!  I do like the videos and the production values of a Rush show, but the songs are often in lock-step with the album versions, often right down the second!

So I'll say Rush is a top five, and that ought to cover it.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 6:01 AM, zepphead said:

I loved seeing Rush live. I don't think I enjoyed any other live act as much.

Same here.  RUSH shows were always a great community experience.

I will say that I don't like their live albums as much as some other bands', for reasons outlined well by Nova

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

For me they are # 1 sometimes.  Their show on the VT tour was the best live show I have ever seen. The second best live show I ever saw was Judas Priest on the Ram it Down tour.  Their are some other very good live acts out their that I have seen such as Sabaton (not a huge fan of them but they were great live), Triumph, The Who, Ozzy, Journey  & 38 Special that are competitive with Rush.  But the top spot really comes down to either Rush or Priest.  So they are more than top 5 but not an easy #1.  So # 1 sometimes.