The GeFilter

Tinlador

New Member here!

I attempted a search and came up with nothing I was looking for.

I am trying to find information on the original GeFilter time machine.  Who made it?  Where it is now?  

I know of a few pictures online, and of course the video's that it appears in, but do any other pictures exist?  (Do any of you have pictures?)

Here is why.  I am attempting to recreate the GeFilter Time Machine.  I have a major part of it now, and it is a great start, but does anyone have any other references that I could see, or get a copy of?

We need The Gefilter! Especially today, the 48th anniversary of Rush's first gig in th U.S.  (5/18/1974, at the Northside Drive-In, Lansing MI.)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Tinlador :)

As with many things Rush, sooooo much material to look at and review for a specific reference.

I am thinking you are referring to the "don't touch that!" and Alex in his (fat) suit accidentally pressing the "button".

Which part, exactly, do you have and how did you come to have it?

It looked to me like a rotating turn table with a goofy horn on it?

I always chuckle when I hear "The last person who touched my sausage..." or something to that effect, and the girl with the silly pig tails looks up from her home work book with an inquisitive look.

Who came up with the idea to do a few takes on time travel and all its characters from early man to late mankind, would be my question.

Personally, I always thought it was a play on words from the food Gefilte fish.

I expect this thread will some day disappear. Once Tinlador builds the GeFilter, he can go back in time and not create this thread.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 6:51 PM, Bahamas said:

I always thought it was a play on words from the food Gefilte fish.

For sure!

On 5/26/2022 at 10:26 AM, JARG said:

I expect this thread will some day disappear. Once Tinlador builds the GeFilter, he can go back in time and not create this thread.

You, sir, have a specially dark humour. 

So perhaps if he un-creates the thread, our replies will equally be un-created and the whole topic will lapse into time.

And then, we are faced again with how to build the derned filter he wants to re-create. And then we loop into...a time when one wonders how to build it?

Alas, we can not build anything that will bring the great trio back. I love all the captures of their interviews, listening to all the music, reading the stories. But nothing will bring them back.

I wonder if there is a filter that could be built so that...D'oh. 

• Like 1