Is my musical taste really THAT off the norm?

rushgoober

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 17 2005, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 17 2005, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 02:13 PM)
PS Sheesh tongue.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/GIFs/greenguy.gif

love you too

NOW, yer gettin' me ALL excited! wink.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/noangry.gif

Hell, you KNOW you love it. Let's just turn this thread into a love shack, whatsay?

Ok, ok, ok, I'm done now. cool.gif

Too much good mood today. Someone musta spiked my coffee with an illicit substance.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 17 2005, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 17 2005, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 17 2005, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Barney's Alter @ Nov 17 2005, 03:16 PM)
I'm telling you....

...She's mine.

Pistols at 50 paces? confused13.gif

Pistons up 50 points?

Yeah.

To the Pacers. Oy. wacko.gif

Raptors, 0 for 8 sad.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 17 2005, 12:08 PM)
I dunno, I don't get it.  Maybe it's just plain old weird that I'm a Rush fan considering the following.  Threads I started on this forum:

Here are some websites for you that may elicit more responses trink39.gif

Grateful Dead - 16 responses
Joni Mitchell - 10 responses
Captain Beefheart - 7 responses
The Kinks - 6 responses
King Crimson - 3 responses
Procol Harum - 1 response

While I appreciate it, my main point was a group like Heart gets more of a response than all these groups put together, and to me they're nowhere in the same league, or even in the same sport as these groups... IMHO, of course... ph34r.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 04:20 PM)
I dunno, I don't get it.  Maybe it's just plain old weird that I'm a Rush fan considering the following.  Threads I started on this forum:

The Kinks - 6 responses

While I appreciate it, my main point was a group like Heart gets more of a response than all these groups put together, and to me they're nowhere in the same league, or even in the same sport as these groups... IMHO, of course... ph34r.gif

Well bro, I guess the tribe has spoken then. Heart is more of a hot topic than the other bands you mentioned... confused13.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 17 2005, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 04:20 PM)

The Kinks - 6 responses

Well bro, I guess the tribe has spoken then. Heart is more of a hot topic than the other bands you mentioned... confused13.gif

A tribe of coked up Rush/Heart fans

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

(BTW, I'm not a member of that tribe.)

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 17 2005, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Nov 17 2005, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 17 2005, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 17 2005, 04:08 PM)

Procol Harum - 1 hit.

Actually, they had two. Don't forget Conquistador.

Never heard it.

Well, check it out if you can. I've heard it on the radio numerous times. You might recognize it. One of those.

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 17 2005, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 03:36 PM)

Just coked up? confused13.gif

Asylum escapees? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/icon_fukedup.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 17 2005, 12:19 PM)

Procol Harum - 1 hit.

A joke perhaps, but this pretty much says it all.

If we're gonna go that route, 95% of the groups I love have ZERO hits, and they're 10 times better than most every group in creation that ever had multiple "hits". Like I said, even this list of groups that got so few responses is among the most popular groups I like - most of the 60's and 70's stuff I'm into I don't even mention because no one's heard of it.

It's unfortunate that people don't generally know a group like Procol Harum beyond A Whiter Shade of Pale. Even if they only made that one song ever, I'll take one A Whiter Shade of Pale over 100 Barracudas, Magic Man and These Dreams anyday. They happened to make a helluva lot more than that one song, but whatever. Most people don't seem to care to really dig to find great music and are happy to immerse themselves in mediocrity. Jeez, even Rush couldn't chart higher than #21 in the States, and that was with New World Man! Not to put down that great song, but there are easily 20 Rush songs that deserved to be placed higher than that. Does anyone ever look at the Billboard charts? That garbage isn't fit to be used as toilet paper to wipe Geddy, Alex or Neil's ass, and those groups sell more records constantly compared to them.

Anyway, I know - live and let live, don't judge, everyone's different, everyone has different tastes, one man's garbage is another man's treasure, blah, blah, blah. I do my best to be tolerant and accepting - hell, my wife can't stand 95% of my music and she's constantly playing the best of The Indigo Girls fing.gif . I'll just never get people's lame musical tastes, and will never understand why they don't like what I like. I hear something and it moves me beyond comprehension, I get lost in it, am transported to another world and come back enriched and happy. Another person stands next to me and tells me to turn that crap off. Weird shit... wacko.gif

Discuss.

Cynical Jaded Opinionated Goob

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Nov 17 2005, 12:19 PM)

Procol Harum - 1 hit.

A joke perhaps, but this pretty much says it all.

If we're gonna go that route, 95% of the groups I love have ZERO hits, and they're 10 times better than most every group in creation that ever had multiple "hits". Like I said, even this list of groups that got so few responses is among the most popular groups I like - most of the 60's and 70's stuff I'm into I don't even mention because no one's heard of it.

It's unfortunate that people don't generally know a group like Procol Harum beyond A Whiter Shade of Pale. Even if they only made that one song ever, I'll take one A Whiter Shade of Pale over 100 Barracudas, Magic Man and These Dreams anyday. They happened to make a helluva lot more than that one song, but whatever. Most people don't seem to care to really dig to find great music and are happy to immerse themselves in mediocrity. Jeez, even Rush couldn't chart higher than #21 in the States, and that was with New World Man! Not to put down that great song, but there are easily 20 Rush songs that deserved to be placed higher than that. Does anyone ever look at the Billboard charts? That garbage isn't fit to be used as toilet paper to wipe Geddy, Alex or Neil's ass, and those groups sell more records constantly compared to them.

Anyway, I know - live and let live, don't judge, everyone's different, everyone has different tastes, one man's garbage is another man's treasure, blah, blah, blah. I do my best to be tolerant and accepting - hell, my wife can't stand 95% of my music and she's constantly playing the best of The Indigo Girls fing.gif . I'll just never get people's lame musical tastes, and will never understand why they don't like what I like. I hear something and it moves me beyond comprehension, I get lost in it, am transported to another world and come back enriched and happy. Another person stands next to me and tells me to turn that crap off. Weird shit... wacko.gif

Discuss.

Cynical Jaded Opinionated Goob

Have to agree with you on the chart thing.

Try some Banyan or some Infectious Grooves. Neither are chart toppers or maybe not even chart makers?

Tell me how it goes. wink.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 17 2005, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 03:36 PM)

Just coked up? confused13.gif

Asylum escapees? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/icon_fukedup.gif

Shhhhh!

"THEY" monitor this website. Ya know? They who wish to return us from whence we came.....

In fact, rumor has it they ARE the Admins here. ph34r.gif

Archived