Is my musical taste really THAT off the norm?

rushgoober

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 17 2005, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 17 2005, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 03:36 PM)
A tribe of coked up Rush/Heart fans

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

(BTW, I'm not a member of that tribe.)

Just coked up? confused13.gif

Asylum escapees? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/icon_fukedup.gif

Shhhhh!

"THEY" monitor this website. Ya know? They who wish to return us from whence we came.....

In fact, rumor has it they ARE the Admins here. ph34r.gif

No worries.

I've blocked their communications signals with the Asylum with interstellar white noise......they have been rendered powerless.

Also, the implants are working as expected.

They can see you but they can't touch you nor report any activity in person to the Asylum, so feel free to carry on.

AlienSmiley.gif

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just face it, everyone has different tastes in music, but why does that make one persons tastes any better then another. Would you really want every single person, all the people with absolutely no idea what good music is, listening to the same stuff you do? Outside of a few select albums though, I dont much listen to any of those groups mentioned above (nor do I listen to Heart either).

But there is one thing that gets me about this, the elitist way of saying that your music is so great and everything else is just mediocre. I can tolerate a person that has bad taste in music (at least in my opinion), but I absolutely cannot stand elitists who dismiss anything not resembling what they listen to. That is a far uglier trait to me.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 05:16 PM)

Asylum escapees? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/palominodweezil/icon_fukedup.gif

Shhhhh!

"THEY" monitor this website. Ya know? They who wish to return us from whence we came.....

No worries.

I've blocked their communications signals with the Asylum with interstellar white noise......they have been rendered powerless.

They can see you but they can't touch you nor report any activity in person to the Asylum, so feel free to carry on.

AlienSmiley.gif

How do you afford all that stuff?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 17 2005, 01:16 PM)
Just face it, everyone has different tastes in music, but why does that make one persons tastes any better then another. Would you really want every single person, all the people with absolutely no idea what good music is, listening to the same stuff you do? Outside of a few select albums though, I dont much listen to any of those groups mentioned above (nor do I listen to Heart either).

But there is one thing that gets me about this, the elitist way of saying that your music is so great and everything else is just mediocre. I can tolerate a person that has bad taste in music (at least in my opinion), but I absolutely cannot stand elitists who dismiss anything not resembling what they listen to. That is a far uglier trait to me.

It only took 6 pages before somebody started to really tear into me! And I thought my highly-opinionated comments would engender so much more outrage! Oh well, at least I got there in the end. wink.gif

trink39.gif moonraker trink39.gif

I can play the nice guy and be quiet and mind my own business and pretend that it's all cool and whatever and people like what they like and it's all good, but I'll never really believe it. I think my music is the greatest, and most other music is mediocre at best, and most of it is awful. Personally, I thought most people would feel that way about the music they're passionate about, and would feel equally passionate the other way about the music they hate, but I guess not. Maybe I'm just one of the few whose willing to admit it. Elitist about my music?

You betcha! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 17 2005, 02:19 PM)

Shhhhh!

No worries.

AlienSmiley.gif

Intergalactic dollar store yes.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 01:21 PM)

Shhhhh!

No worries.

AlienSmiley.gif

dweezil and BSG - stop hijacking my thread!

wink.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 05:21 PM)

Shhhhh!

No worries.

AlienSmiley.gif

Shoulda seen that coming....

Are our dollar stores that cool?

no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 01:21 PM)

Shhhhh!

No worries.

AlienSmiley.gif

dweezil and BSG - stop hijacking my thread!

wink.gif

Rushgoober = fists crying.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 17 2005, 01:16 PM)
Just face it, everyone has different tastes in music, but why does that make one persons tastes any better then another.  Would you really want every single person, all the people with absolutely no idea what good music is, listening to the same stuff you do?  Outside of a few select albums though, I dont much listen to any of those groups mentioned above (nor do I listen to Heart either).

But there is one thing that gets me about this, the elitist way of saying that your music is so great and everything else is just mediocre.  I can tolerate a person that has bad taste in music (at least in my opinion), but I absolutely cannot stand elitists who dismiss anything not resembling what they listen to.  That is a far uglier trait to me.

It only took 6 pages before somebody started to really tear into me! And I thought my highly-opinionated comments would engender so much more outrage! Oh well, at least I got there in the end. wink.gif

trink39.gif moonraker trink39.gif

I can play the nice guy and be quiet and mind my own business and pretend that it's all cool and whatever and people like what they like and it's all good, but I'll never really believe it. I think my music is the greatest, and most other music is mediocre at best, and most of it is awful. Personally, I thought most people would feel that way about the music they're passionate about, and would feel equally passionate the other way about the music they hate, but I guess not. Maybe I'm just one of the few whose willing to admit it. Elitist about my music?

You betcha! biggrin.gif

Damn straight!

I'm sorry it took 6 pages to validate your threads existance. I just dont understand the point of going out of your way like this to whine about why no one is into the same stuff you are, simply to try to start a heated debate. Why do you feel that it is your purpose to provoke that? And on a topic you've already touched on as well, you've already clearly stated your dissatisfaction with most other types of music.

Outrage? No.

Tired of hearing whining and complaining? Yes.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 17 2005, 05:34 PM)
I'm sorry it took 6 pages to validate your threads existance. I just dont understand the point of going out of your way like this to whine about why no one is into the same stuff you are, simply to try to start a heated debate. Why do you feel that it is your purpose to provoke that? And on a topic you've already touched on as well, you've already clearly stated your dissatisfaction with most other types of music.

Outrage? No.

If there were never heated debates, I myself would be bored as hell all the time. So, whatever it takes....

And I'm somewhat elitist too I guess. I try to be open minded a lot, and I'll give anything a try, but sometimes I get into these musical debates and I lose control heh...

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 17 2005, 02:38 PM)
I'm sorry it took 6 pages to validate your threads existance.  I just dont understand the point of going out of your way like this to whine about why no one is into the same stuff you are, simply to try to start a heated debate.  Why do you feel that it is your purpose to provoke that?  And on a topic you've already touched on as well, you've already clearly stated your dissatisfaction with most other types of music.

Outrage? No.

If there were never heated debates, I myself would be bored as hell all the time. So, whatever it takes....

And I'm somewhat elitist too I guess. I try to be open minded a lot, and I'll give anything a try, but sometimes I get into these musical debates and I lose control heh...

Hence the frequent explosions.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 17 2005, 02:38 PM)
I'm sorry it took 6 pages to validate your threads existance.  I just dont understand the point of going out of your way like this to whine about why no one is into the same stuff you are, simply to try to start a heated debate.  Why do you feel that it is your purpose to provoke that?  And on a topic you've already touched on as well, you've already clearly stated your dissatisfaction with most other types of music.

Outrage? No.

Hence the frequent explosions.

Of course. I aim to please.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c9/Nuclear_fireball.jpg/250px-Nuclear_fireball.jpg

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 17 2005, 01:34 PM)

Outrage? No.

oh, it wasn't really my intention to start the thread just to rile people up (that's only a side benefit wink.gif ). anyway, sorry it's a trait about me you don't like. i still think you're neato! yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 02:53 PM)
and besides, this is the only way i can start a thread on this forum that anyone responds to! rofl3.gif

Better a music elitist than a tea snob I say.

sorry, inside joke. None of you will get it. Like I care.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 17 2005, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 02:53 PM)
and besides, this is the only way i can start a thread on this forum that anyone responds to!  rofl3.gif

Better a music elitist than a tea snob I say.

sorry, inside joke. None of you will get it. Like I care.

Inside jokes I have with my friends are funnier than anything else I've ever heard.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 17 2005, 01:53 PM)
5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Mustard Death, rushgoober, defrushfan01, liquidcrystalcompass, R.G

Party at Goob's house...

i have chips and dip yes.gif

http://www.cok.net/photos/misc/food/cucumberdip.jpg

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 05:57 PM)

Party at Goob's house...

You double dipped the chip!

Just take ONE dip, and be done with it!!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Nov 17 2005, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 17 2005, 05:57 PM)

Party at Goob's house...

You double dipped the chip!

Just take ONE dip, and be done with it!!

http://www.nutmusic.com/alzo/images/jason_alexander.jpg

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Nov 17 2005, 02:30 PM)
8 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
invisibleairwaves, rushgoober, physics23, tangdog, paganoman, Mustard Death, Digital Man, Slaine mac Roth

ohmy.gif

now 10!

10 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):
rushgoober, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, invisibleairwaves, tangdog, physics23, paganoman, Mustard Death, Digital Man, Slaine mac Roth

bekloppt.gif 1022.gif

Archived