IT"S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladirushfan80

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Nov 24 2005, 07:33 PM)
Here is a good little Reminder from Frank Zappa for the winter time yes.gif
653.gif DO NOT EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW
Dreamed I was an Eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero...

And my mama cried
And my mama cried
Nanook, a-no-no
Nanook, a-no-no
Don't be a naughty Eskimo
Save your money, don't go to the show

Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh
Well I turned around and I said "Oh, oh" Oh
Well I turned around and I said "Ho, Ho"
And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"

smile.gif

tongue.gif A lesson to us all there!

Brilliant song too! laugh.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/rushengal/Picture004.jpg

Looks like a blizzard!

*took it last night, so it is a very dark picture... sorry*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/rushengal/Picture006.jpg

The view from my window. Look at all that beautiful white stuff!! Hauled out the winter boots and everything smile.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Nov 25 2005, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 25 2005, 02:39 PM)
We got another 8 inches here last night. Cross country skiing is gonna be great!!!

Time to make another snowman smile.gif yes.gif

Hi Daylin wink.gif it's a dry and powdery snow. No snowman this time. laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 25 2005, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Nov 25 2005, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 25 2005, 02:39 PM)
We got another 8 inches here last night. Cross country skiing is gonna be great!!!

Time to make another snowman smile.gif yes.gif

Hi Daylin wink.gif it's a dry and powdery snow. No snowman this time. laugh.gif tongue.gif

ohmy.gif Maybe later wink.gif biggrin.gif

I hear CanEHdian has lots of snow. Maybe she will make a snowman and post a pic for us tongue.gif laugh.gif

It's just cold here. No big snow YET sad.gif

It's snowing here in temperate Stockport ohmy.gif

That's unheard of this time of year confused13.gif

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

BISMARCK, N.D. - The snowstorm that brought blizzard-like conditions and knocked out power to thousands across the Plains is heading toward the Great Lakes region. The storm dumped snow from North Dakota to the Texas Panhandle, closing hundreds of miles of highways and piling up drifts 6 feet high.

Five deaths were blamed on slippery roads in Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas. A sixth person was killed when a tornado hurled a car in Arkansas.

Travelers trying to get home after Thanksgiving were stranded in hotels across the Plains, but those who made it back safely weren't necessarily hunkered down at home. Wind, snow and ice snapped electrical lines and knocked out power to much of the eastern parts of the Dakotas.

Electricity wasn't expected to be restored for some areas until at least Tuesday, South Dakota Gov. Mike Rounds said. Some residents were using backup generators to heat frigid, darkened homes.

"For a lot of people in eastern South Dakota, this is going to be one of those days where it's going to be very, very, cold before the heat gets turned back on," Rounds said.

More than 400 miles of eastbound Interstate 70 was closed, from Denver to Salina, Kan., with no word on when it might reopen. Westbound lanes were open in some areas.

"We're just waiting," said Corey Dagner, who was stuck in Limon, Colo., on his way home to Illinois after attending a wedding at the Breckenridge ski resort. "Nobody's sure what's going on and what time they're going to open the interstate."

The Colorado portion of I-70 was dry Monday, but the highway was impassable in western and central Kansas because visibility was nearly zero. Colorado halted eastbound traffic because there are so few places to stop and wait on the state's sparsely populated eastern plains.

Even though the blizzard warning for northwest and north-central Kansas expired Monday afternoon, shelters remained open in anticipation of more stranded travelers.

"You can't even see," said Bill Kanitig of the Sherman County, Kan., sheriff's office. "The highway is snowpacked, and it's slick and everybody's sliding off."

Numerous other highways also were closed across the Plains, including a 250-mile stretch of I-90 across South Dakota, and a 60-mile stretch of I-80 in Nebraska.

"This is probably the worst storm I've ever encountered," Terri Gosney said by telephone from a truck stop alongside I-90 in Mitchell, S.D., as she waited to resume her trip home to Minong, Wis. "I'm pretty hardy. I can drive in the winter, you know, being from Wisconsin."

Wind, snow and ice in the Dakotas snapped electrical lines _ coating some cables with ice a few inches thick _ and knocked out power to much of the eastern parts of the states. Electricity wasn't expected to be restored for some areas until at least Tuesday, the governor said.

In Fairmount, N.D., electricians attempted to hook up generators to the town's water system on Monday afternoon. "There is no power to the well system," said Fairmount Fire Chief Dave Jacobson. "We still have water but it's getting pretty low here."

Minnesota officials warned against driving in the state's rural northwest corner, and said anyone who did better have emergency supplies.

"If you go off the road, it could be a while," Department of Public Safety spokesman Kevin Smith said.

The same storm whipped up tornadoes that destroyed at least eight homes in Arkansas on Sunday and damaged more than 30 homes at Fort Riley, Kan.

The storm was retaining most of its clout as it headed toward the Great Lakes, said National Weather Service meteorologist Fred Stasser of Goodland, Kan.

"I would imagine they're going to get some of the same sort of deal," he said.

I want Snow

Rain washed it all away

And now I want to cry sad.gif

Bring it on Mother Nature! I'm ready!!

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Nov 29 2005, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (rushengal @ Nov 29 2005, 03:08 PM)
I want Snow

Rain washed it all away

And now I want to cry sad.gif

Bring it on Mother Nature! I'm ready!!

Enjoy it while it lasts! 653.gif

I plan too.

And I have a feeling its gonna last for a while!!

well... o.k...

it's not snowing anymore...

but man! we got about 8" last night...

can someone help dig me out????

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/x0/snowman.gif

]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/l/loki.gifhttp://bipolarhope.org/images/windy.gif

its snowing in connecticut as we speak,so far we have about 4 inches and its really coming down.

Let It Snow

Let It Snow

Let It Snow.

I can't even see the school from my window, and Im across an enterance to a parking lot... basically a two lane road.

Archived