IT"S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladirushfan80

We got a lil bit, less than an inch yesterday but today it is FREEZING!!!!! Down to 3 degrees this morning! The snow yesterday was real fluffy and as soon as it hit the rods and the cars drove over it it turned to pure ice. Needless to say there were a ton of accidents. Right now it is 7 degrees out.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The snow finally stopped in CT at 1:30pm. It was like someone upstairs just flicked off the switch. And the sun was out less than 45 min. later.

9" - Baby!! I'm ready for skiing and snowshoeing!! Now if the lake would just freeze over, so we can skate also!

Guess I better go shovel, for the 2nd time today!

I had to shovel earlier, because we didn't want to miss UPS's 3rd delivery attempt on a package that required a sig. We thought it was the replacement computer from Dell, because they sold us a LEMON.

BUT - it was my SIGNED Geddy print from Andrew M.!!!! Oh, Happy Day!! 9" of snow, and Geddy pics and SIG!!!!

common001.gif biggrin.gif common001.gif biggrin.gif common001.gif biggrin.gif common001.gif biggrin.gif common001.gif

Today it's 6 above....thats like 42F for you crazy Americans....

The wind is blowing CRAZY...it's like 60 km/h

Welcome to Calgary...Chinook country. My ski hill is going away again...and I might be able to bike tomorrow! WOOHOO!!!

lol I'm taking driving education right now...I don't like the snow so much sooo I think i'm starting to hate it...lmao... ohmy.gif

We got an overnight nailing and when I woke on Friday there was already about six inches. Our state (Pa.) is broke, so the crews were not out until late. Interstate 81 was a mess. The ride to work that normally takes 10-15 mins. tops, took nearly an hour. The highway was so deep in snow still that my friends van was actually plowing it with the front of his Windstar. This made visibility almost zero. Then when we got off the exit, there is a huge hill to get up to where we work. That had not been plowed or cindered yet either, but enough four wheel drive vehicles had made their way up it that it was packed tight and icy. We could not make it, so we took an alternate route that was actually steeper, but since not as much travelled, we could get traction. If we got stuck on this road though, we were gonna have to hoof it out of there. Thank God, we didn't get stuck. By the time we went on first break at 9:50am, the roads were clear. The state and cities just don't want to pay the overtime anymore. It seems like they waited here for the snow to stop before they put crews on the roads.

Now as to the beauty of it. I hate the travel part, but you can't deny the beauty of freshly falling snow. I woke up in my recliner in front of the computer at about 2am Friday morning and it was already coming down like crazy. It did look gorgeous and I know that had my CJ been home, we'd be out there walking and playing in it. There's nothing better than snow for about the first two hours. Then it SUCKS. laugh.gif

it's snowing now....

again...

last night we decided to play cards....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/cartoons%20and%20fun/HappyHour.jpg

laugh.gif

Archived