Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

13 minutes ago, blueschica said:

She's good! I haven't seen that one. Love her in Double Indemnity.

In this one she's a wife who left her husband and kids to become a star, but it didn't work out and she's basically one step away from working as a stripper. So eventually she goes back to her family to see if she can reconcile. And the whole town sees it as a scandal but they all think she's this big star, and her secret boyfriend is determined to mess up her reconciliation with her husband so he can shack up with her again.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, treeduck said:

In this one she's a wife who left her husband and kids to become a star, but it didn't work out and she's basically one step away from working as a stripper. So eventually she goes back to her family to see if she can reconcile. And the whole town sees it as a scandal but they all think she's this big star, and her secret boyfriend is determined to mess up her reconciliation with her husband so he can shack up with her again.

That sounds pretty good, actually!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, blueschica said:

That sounds pretty good, actually!

Yeah it was pretty absorbing. The reason she came back all of a sudden was she got a letter from her youngest daughter who wanted to join her in New York and become a big star herself. The older daughter resents her though because she left her dad (Richard Carlson) high and dry. The son doesn't even know her at all because she left when he was just a baby.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 10:19 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I take it they don't play hockey?  :wink:

Just for the ending alone, it could count as a Christmas movie.  A few years before Lethal Weapon and Die Hard and all three came out way after Christmas.

Red Eye

Still my favorite Rachel McAdams role and the best she's looked with dark hair :wub: and still my favorite Cillian role.  Those two had great chemistry.  RIP Craven.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Just for the ending alone, it could count as a Christmas movie.  A few years before Lethal Weapon and Die Hard and all three came out way after Christmas.

Red Eye

Still my favorite Rachel McAdams role and the best she's looked with dark hair :wub: and still my favorite Cillian role.  Those two had great chemistry.  RIP Craven.

Red Eye, yes! You think Cillian Murphy is Meg Foster's brother, because of the eyes?  :wink: