The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

It`s all happening! Although Liverpool will feel quite the fools, if they fail to improve on 1-1 whilst Gerrard wins at City.

Nice work from Newcastle, who`ve managed a very fine week with keeping Leeds up and Arsenal in 5th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

It was always a long shot, by my were my hopes up there for a bit.  Okay, then, a treble!

Incredible how a team can fall apart like that in mere five minutes. :gumby:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Incredible how a team can fall apart like that in mere five minutes. :gumby:

Yes, incredible -- but it was Villa, so . . .

I'll never understand why "celebratory" dumbasses want to wreck things that belong to their own club -- I'm watching all these Manc morons sitting on and thereby snapping the goal crossbars, tearing at the net, etc.  I get LFC fans would probably have done the same thing, but my question remains. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Yes, incredible -- but it was Villa, so . . .

I'll never understand why "celebratory" dumbasses want to wreck things that belong to their own club -- I'm watching all these Manc morons sitting on and thereby snapping the goal crossbars, tearing at the net, etc.  I get LFC fans would probably have done the same thing, but my question remains. This is why we can't have nice things.

Imagine what would happen if they only had the amount of net as available in basketball. :smash:

• Like 1

I think we should all raise a glass to Leeds, even if you don`t like them; they`ve relegated Burnley, who have offered nothing to the Prem for oh so long. :macallan: Norwich and Watford are shameful too.

Replacing these three imposters is good for everyone. Even those three clubs as they might win some games at the lower level.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Imagine what would happen if they only had the amount of net as available in basketball. :smash:

That piece of netting and maybe a small piece of goalframe might be all they get to eat this week in Boris`s Britain. :old:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

AMP football Champions League final: Wisla Krakow 2 Etimesgut Belediyesi 5   :thumbsdown:

Check their legs! They could have green-screened off a limb.  :wagfinger:

• Like 1

The BBC has apologised after a message appeared on the news channel saying "Manchester United are rubbish".

The text mistakenly popped up on the news ticker at the bottom of the screen during a tennis update just after 0930 on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Now that Allan McGregor is thinking retirement, Rangers are eyeing Ekstraklasa's goalkeeper of the year, Vladan Kovacevic. :popcorn:

They`ve missed out on Neuer so maybe he`s their second choice.

Whilst Spurs are getting big Fraser Forster on a free from Southampton.

*shame he wasn`t at Fulham, alliteratively speaking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

They`ve missed out on Neuer so maybe he`s their second choice.

Whilst Spurs are getting big Fraser Forster on a free from Southampton.

*shame he wasn`t at Fulham, alliteratively speaking. 

*shame it's not Jan Bednarek. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

*shame it's not Jan Bednarek. 

ENIC have released £150m for Conte to play with this summer. We could buy Lewandowski. :wub:

• Like 1

ENIC have released £150m for Conte to play with this summer. We could buy Lewandowski. :wub:

His agent has a hard-on for Barcelona.  :eh:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

His agent has a hard-on for Barcelona.  :eh:

It`d be a sideways move wouldn`t it, Barca? I mean, why not go down a level for a change! He could still play CL for at least the group stage! :coy:

• Like 1

You`ve just got to hand it to Naby Keita. How he`s got to this level of football with his ability is quite the feat.

What a weekend for Nova Carmina so far.  :facepalm: 

• Like 2

Is there anything at all in the theory that`s doing the rounds that this Liverpool team might be lacking against the biggest best teams? No goals in the three finals, not beating City, Spurs, or Chelsea in the league. I think they just run out of gas after playing every possible match. Teams aren`t supposed to play in every possible game.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned