The 2021-22 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

17 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yes, we can expect ''some' shots on target there.  :sarcasm:

If I had a globe, the fancy kind that stored drinks and aperitifs as well as showing all the earth`s countries and the sea dragons of the oceans, I reckon the place furthest away from both Australia and Peru would be Qatar. Credit to the supporters who have endured the "surface of the sun" heat.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I was looking forward to lots of Inca costumes at the WC, now it`ll kangaroos and boomerangs. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, but I can do without hearing the same song from the Peruvians for another 90-120 minutes. :wacko:

It might be worth revisiting whether VAR can adjudicate on yellow cards/second yellows. Stones can consider himself a little unlucky for being sent off because someone ran into his back. :laugh2:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I don't know why you keep saying nasty things about Depay, Simon.  :wagfinger:  

Isn`t he a sweetheart? Two last minutes scenarios - miss against Poland and score against Wales. :wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Bah, Costa Rica beat New Zealand. No problem with Costa Rica but I would have preferred a Peru and New Zealand double. :rage:

Arminia 1 Scotland 4  :atickhum:You can sleep well now, kiss, kiss. 

• Like 1

The Guardian's World Cup power rankings: 1) Argentina, 2) Brazil, 3) Spain, 4) Holland, 5) Germany, 6) France, 7) Denmark, 8) Belgium, 9) Portugal, 10) England, 11) Senegal, 12) Uruguay, 13) Croatia, 14) Switzerland, 15) Serbia, 16) Canada, 17) Wales, 18) Poland, 19) Mexico, 20) USA, 21) Morocco, 22) Cameroon, 23) Iran, 24) Tunisia, 25) Japan, 26) Ecuador, 27) Ghana, 28) South Korea, 29) Costa Rica, 30) Qatar, 31) Australia, 32) Saudi Arabia. 

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned