My ranking:

1-Roth era Scorpions

2-Schenker era UFO

3-Non-Roth era Scorpions

4-Non-Schenker era UFO

So, both, depending

• Like 2

UFO

I Saw UFO open for Jethro Tull 1975 at Lafayette College. I remember getting pressed up against the fence while waiting for the opening of the gates. The crowd was crazy.

• Like 3

Difficult one this.

UFO circa Strangers in the Night is them at their peak. Mainly due to Rudolf's little brother's brilliance. I like Phil Mogg too although he's not in Dio's league.

Scorps have been relatively solid all throughout though

Roth-Scorps was good. Jabs-onwards was good, especially around Blackout which is probably my favourite Scorps albums and rivals UFOs best imo.

However, UFO seemed to become stale over the years and have been just ok whereas Scorps have kept the quality up generally throughout.

So Scorps for longevity. But UFO Schenker era is brilliant.

Difficult one this.

UFO circa Strangers in the Night is them at their peak. Mainly due to Rudolf's little brother's brilliance. I like Phil Mogg too although he's not in Dio's league.

Scorps have been relatively solid all throughout though

Roth-Scorps was good. Jabs-onwards was good, especially around Blackout which is probably my favourite Scorps albums and rivals UFOs best imo.

However, UFO seemed to become stale over the years and have been just ok whereas Scorps have kept the quality up generally throughout.

So Scorps for longevity. But UFO Schenker era is brilliant.

I lost interest in the Scorpions way back in the mid 80's after they released "Love at First Sting". I'm a big fan of the Roth era and Jabs up to that point in time. Just yesterday, I gave both "Blackout" and "LaFS" a listen to see if my opinion has changed at all on the latter album. It hasn't. Once they realized they could be a mainstream act in America (and I'm guessing this was because of the success of "No One Like You"), they were never the same.