the band U.K.

Laurabw

A super band on the first album. The concept of replacing Allan Holdsworth on album number two with no guitarist at all still baffles me somewhat.

Wetton and Jobson seemed to want to go in a more accessible direction while Bruford and Holdsworth didn't. I'm totally fine with it though because there was still a UK (briefly) and then there was Bruford's band.

Edited by ytserush
  • Like 2

A super band on the first album. The concept of replacing Allan Holdsworth on album number two with no guitarist at all still baffles me somewhat.

I saw this lineup abut 10 years ago - Jobson, Wetton and Bozzio.

It was killer - though of course I would've preferred Holdsworth and Bruford to be there.

They released a live CD of that show. It's really good.

• Like 1

I saw this lineup abut 10 years ago - Jobson, Wetton and Bozzio.

It was killer - though of course I would've preferred Holdsworth and Bruford to be there.

They released a live CD of that show. It's really good.

Yeah I posted a few videos on the previous page.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to see them once, they opened for Jethro Tull in like 1980, it was one of my first if not first concerts. I'd seen them on MTV.

Can't say I recall seeing UK on MTV. Was it for In The Dead Of Night or Presto Vivace and Reprise?

I was lucky enough to see them once, they opened for Jethro Tull in like 1980, it was one of my first if not first concerts. I'd seen them on MTV.

I saw that too in '79. and then Jobson was on the 1980 Tull album "A" which I think is very underrated.

• Like 2

Can't say I recall seeing UK on MTV. Was it for In The Dead Of Night or Presto Vivace and Reprise?

I think it was Dead of night?

Though, I could be making it up and I just....oh wait, when did MTV start, 1980 or 1981? Maybe I just liked them when they opened...

• Like 1

I think it was Dead of night?

Though, I could be making it up and I just....oh wait, when did MTV start, 1980 or 1981? Maybe I just liked them when they opened...

August 1, 1981 but they played videos from before then because they didn't have a lot to play anything for the first few years.before narrowing the playlist.

Ok. So when I saw them with Tull, there WAS no MTV yet. I guess I just liked them when I saw them in concert.
  • Like 1