the band U.K.

Laurabw

So I'm listening to one of the Wellness channels on Apple Music, and all of a sudden, I hear something really familiar....it's "Thirty Years" by U.K. Such a bizarre yet pleasant surprise!!
  • Like 7

A super band on the first album. The concept of replacing Allan Holdsworth on album number two with no guitarist at all still baffles me somewhat.
  • Like 4

A super band on the first album. The concept of replacing Allan Holdsworth on album number two with no guitarist at all still baffles me somewhat.

They probably thought no one could do it, and in those days no one could. I mean who would they have got in 1978 who could play Allan's guitar parts?

• Like 1

They probably thought no one could do it, and in those days no one could. I mean who would they have got in 1978 who could play Allan's guitar parts?

True, he was a great influence on guitarists to come!
  • Like 1

True, he was a great influence on guitarists to come!

Aye!

• Like 1

I saw this lineup abut 10 years ago - Jobson, Wetton and Bozzio.

It was killer - though of course I would've preferred Holdsworth and Bruford to be there.

• Like 1

It was killer - though of course I would've preferred Holdsworth and Bruford to be there.

There has been another version with Marco Minnemann on drums and Alex Machacek on guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nu_K9Colg

• Like 3

There has been another version with Marco Minnemann on drums and Alex Machacek on guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nu_K9Colg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na4aBPLxf_w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3Wc-1n6Mg

The list of drummers they've had on the road with them is absolutely terrifying.

• Like 3

Wow -- Treeduck --those performances are insane.

What do you think of Machacek's version of Holdworth's solos and guitar parts?

Incredible.

I've got this concert on a double CD, it's excellent. I also have about seven Machacek albums, he's a BEAST!

• Like 2

Incredible.

I've got this concert on a double CD, it's excellent. I also have about seven Machacek albums, he's a BEAST!

Had never heard of him til now.

Checking out a record he did with Gary Husband (who played with Holdsworth). So far so good.

Edited by chemistry1973

Incredible.

Had never heard of him til now.

Checking out a record he did with Gary Husband (who played with Holdsworth). So far so good.

Yeah I have that one, one he did with bass player Matthew Garrison, one with Marco Minnemann, one with Terry Bozzio as a guest, and three in a band called FAT.

• Like 2

So I'm listening to one of the Wellness channels on Apple Music, and all of a sudden, I hear something really familiar....it's "Thirty Years" by U.K. Such a bizarre yet pleasant surprise!!

I have it! I have everything by this incredible band!!!! From Bill Bruford to Terry Bozzio. KILLER BAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have the "Night After Night" extended Live Cd Box set? AMAZING!!!!!!!

THEY RULE!!

RIP JOHN WETTON!!

• Like 2

I have it! I have everything by this incredible band!!!! From Bill Bruford to Terry Bozzio. KILLER BAND!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY RULE!!

RIP JOHN WETTON!!

Did you see the show at the El Rey back in 2012? I was at that one.

THEY RULE!!

RIP JOHN WETTON!!

Did you see the show at the El Rey back in 2012? I was at that one.

Damnit 1973! I MISSED IT!!!!

My only claim to fame with Wetton is seeing the last ASIA performance in SF when they did the first album all the way through before bolting to Japan.

Never saw UK. Bummed.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to see them once, they opened for Jethro Tull in like 1980, it was one of my first if not first concerts. I'd seen them on MTV.
  • Like 3