The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Can we agree that Lainer's goal is the best so far? Yarmolenko's was nice too, but we've seen those curves quite a few times before.

Good to see a few games, Italy and this one, with a bit of zip in them. Too many major championships can be slothful. Maybe teams are enjoying the latitude some third place qualifying offers, or they`ll revert to type in the knockouts, but hopefully not; it would be great to have a really memorable tournament to wrap up the last eighteen months.
  • Like 1

Can we agree that Lainer's goal is the best so far? Yarmolenko's was nice too, but we've seen those curves quite a few times before.

Schick's second was pretty cool! (Sorry, IbanezJem)

• Like 1

When you`ve seen as much football as me/us and a defender (miles from home, position vacated) takes on a long range shot, I was shouting "don`t shoot, you idiot!". No quibbles with the lad finishing it, but again... Scotland don`t play with a sweeper keeper, so why was Marshall wandering around in a position he could be beaten? :tsk: Errors you rarely see from more grizzled international sides.
  • Like 1

When you`ve seen as much football as me/us and a defender (miles from home, position vacated) takes on a long range shot, I was shouting "don`t shoot, you idiot!". No quibbles with the lad finishing it, but again... Scotland don`t play with a sweeper keeper, so why was Marshall wandering around in a position he could be beaten? :tsk: Errors you rarely see from more grizzled international sides.

Sadly Scotland looked somewhat disappointing. They really need to find something for Friday, but England will hardly be quaking in their boots after seeing today's match.
  • Like 1

Sadly Scotland looked somewhat disappointing. They really need to find something for Friday, but England will hardly be quaking in their boots after seeing today's match.

Yes, they looked naive, which is I suppose true as I was 22 when they last qualified for something important!

PS. You`ll notice I can easily flip between "we" and "them" as results dictate :laughing guy:

• Like 3

Yes, they looked naive, which is I suppose true as I was 22 when they last qualified for something important!

PS. You`ll notice I can easily flip between "we" and "them" as results dictate :laughing guy:

Hehehe ... you should apply for a job on the BBC lol.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'll go 1) Lainer, 2) Schick 3) Yarmolenko.

Robert, may Lewandowski and friends enjoy a performance of rare boobery from Dubravska and Skriniar.

And don't forget three current or ex-Ekstraklasa players. That said, we still might mess it up.
  • Like 1

Right! Now do the remaining 40 minutes properly :bitchslap:

They must have read my post lol!!

No off-day for Skriniar, that`s for sure... seems like - so far - Lewandowski has had a Harry Kane game, where you just can`t involved.
  • Like 1

No off-day for Skriniar, that`s for sure... seems like - so far - Lewandowski has had a Harry Kane game, where you just can`t involved.

Poland are trying to get the ball to Lewandowski all the time even when there are simpler options. Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

Poland are trying to get the ball to Lewandowski all the time even when their are simpler options.

And I really thought that was going in from Bednarek. To be fair, Slovakia have looked decent.
  • Like 1

Poland are trying to get the ball to Lewandowski all the time even when their are simpler options.

Lewandowski was terrible today, so it wasn't going to work.
  • Like 1

First own goal ever by a goalkeeper at EUROs and the first red card at EURO 2020...brilliant.

I do wish you`d play Fabianski. (I think he`s more solid, but also because his Arsenal heritage means I want comical stuff from him).
  • Like 1

First own goal ever by a goalkeeper at EUROs and the first red card at EURO 2020...brilliant.

I do wish you`d play Fabianski. (I think he`s more solid, but also because his Arsenal heritage means I want comical stuff from him).

I think Szesny and Fabianski are both fearful they'll get selected for Saturday.
  • Like 1

Amazing stats from the Spain vs Sweden game - Spain had 178% possession and made 128,492 passes! But 0-0 it is. Excellent ;)

Sweden worked hard to get that point!
  • Like 2

Sport overload for me over the rest of the week.

- multiple Euro matches per day

- Royal Ascot on Tues - Sat. 7 races per day, all televised by ITV.

I feel a meltdown coming on!!

• Like 2