Dickey Betts talks about "Almost Famous"

blueschica

I've liked "Almost Famous", too. I think it's a really good movie. I bought it to own on d.v.d. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

RSM writing something derogatory about a band? I am shocked, shocked!

You want a real ABB experience, try to get to The Big House. Spent 3 hours inside and you can go through most of the rooms (Except Duane's; the doorway is sealed with Plexigas, leaving it in situ as he left it on the day he died). Definitely worth a stop if you're anywhere near Macon.

http://thebighousemuseum.com

• Like 1

You want a real ABB experience, try to get to The Big House. Spent 3 hours inside and you can go through most of the rooms (Except Duane's; the doorway is sealed with Plexigas, leaving it in situ as he left it on the day he died). Definitely worth a stop if you're anywhere near Macon.

That sounds very much worth a visit! I've heard about the museum but never heard if it was interesting or not. Thanks! (I live in Pennsylvania, but have an old friend that lives near Atlanta and get down there once in awhile.)

Huge ABB fan. Thanks much for this. Doubt I'll ever get down there but if I do I will most assuredly check this out.

Read the interview with Dickey today. Good stuff. Good movie. So why am I skeptical when he says they never traded a groupie for 50 bucks and a case of beer?

• Like 1

I lived in Ocean Beach at the time they shot the film. The shot of Rocky’s surf shop, at the very beginning of the film, is right across the street from my apartment.

A couple long haired acquaintances of mine were extras in the movie. When it came out, I was blown away. I had moved to San Diego to make it in music, so the film and its wistfulness held some extra relevance for me.

Extra weird: I moved there in 97, 24 years after the main events of the film. It’s now been 23 years later since I first moved there.

Time f***ing flies doesn’t it.

• Like 1