"DON'T BREAK MY HEART AGAIN" DAVID!! Too Late! Coverdale To Have Hernia Surgery! 2020 Concerts Canceled!

RUSHHEAD666

Pat, I just put on RATT "Dancing Undercover." What do you think about this record? I hated it when I first heard it. Love it still today.

To me it's a huge drop-off after the first two albums. None of the songs from Dancing Undercover would make the cut if they'd been part of the Out of the Cellar or Invasion of Your Privacy sessions.

Also the production is weird, the guitars a kind of lost in a sea of gooey bass.

Having said all that it's ok for an occasional listen.

Jesus Pat. We were separated at birth!! NOTHING touches the first two records and the EPIC EP! I hated when they put themselves on the album cover too. Boring cover.

Then of course they did cool art for "Reach For The Sky." I LOVE this record PATT!!! LOL!

They seemed to have just completely run out of ideas by the time they came to record this album. I read about it in the Dancing Undercover Rock Candy booklet. They seemed to be increasingly reliant on Beau Hill to give them something, whether it was help with their playing or song ideas or sound effects that could give them a boost or whatever. They seemed to have pretty much blown their wad after two albums.

Dang Pat! I have all the Rock Candy reissues. I just can't agree. I know the song writing went downhill.

So I'm crazy as you know.

Just to let you know "Invasion Of Your Privacy" is in my Top 5. I saw that tour twice at the Cow Palace. So lucky Pat.

So I think they did blow their wad on "Invasion."

So here is my crazy part.

I would loosely compare "Hemispheres" to "Invasion." Both albums are in my top 5 forever.

But I mean even Rush had to take it down a notch and "reinvent" their sound because "Hemispheres" took a lot out of them.

So RATT had to do do the same thing. But man, RATT was probably too fuckked up on drugs, booze and pussy.

I don't know Pat.

I was a kid when I heard "Dancing Undercover" and I was very disappointed. But today I love all RATT up to "Detonator."

I think the 1999 RATT recored is excellent. "infestation" is good too.

I think Ratt are one of those bands that created a great collection of songs for the club scene over a long maybe 5 year period, and when they made it big and hit the studio and the stadiums they used all that material and any other ideas they had leftover to make their albums. After those ideas were all used up they couldn't progress from that club band mentality which they needed to do and create new and improved material. Whereas a band like Iron Maiden, who did the same thing with their first album did evolve into a proper working band that could create more and more great songs. Ratt just couldn't do it like a Maiden or a Priest.

I wouldn't compare Hemispheres to a Ratt album, there's no real relationship there at all!

Hahaha! I know Pat! I am fishing for some late night rock and roll drama! Comparing Rush to Ratt? Heck yes!!! Think about it. Both band names begin with R and have four letters. lol

I'm just saying Rush peaked with "Hemispheres." JMO

RATT peaked with "Invasion." JMO

Nah RUSH didn't peak then, they still had great albums after Hemispheres, they just weren't as into the epic side-long songs anymore and the fantasy themes. I think their peak is more of a plateau between Fly By Night and Moving Pictures. I do like Signals a lot though.

I know the were much more commercially successful after "Hemispheres." That is not my point. They peaked as a badass progressive metal band doing "Hemispheres."

Then they matured and wrote commercial masterpieces and made a ton of "Big Money" Pat.

I cried as a kid when I heard "Signals" for the first time in my bedroom when I bought the cassette on it's release day. Rainbow Records. My mom drove me.

I put that cassette in my All In One Pioneer and my heart dropped to the floor.

Where the fukk is the guitar?

Where are Neil's huge drum fills??????

Keyboard Rush??????

I was devastated as an Analog Kid.

But then I grew up to be a Digital Man and fell in love with the record.

Hey I get it man.

Different strokes for different folks.

Love,

Gary Coleman

I wasn't disappointed with a RUSH record until Signals but I got over it and got into it eventually.

Same Pat!!!

"Signals" had to grow on me!!! It did!!

Again, I love every record up to "Counterparts."

The first RUSH is one I was never that keen on. It's a bit too honky tonk bar band for me, though there's some good songs.

I love the first Rush record dude. Raw and heavy. Alex shines.

Meh!

I get it! RUSTY on the drums. lol

He's not bad.

It's not just that I just can't get IN THE MOOD!

• Like 1

Going back to Ratt for a second considering what I said they did really well to get 4 platinum albums out of 4. Those first two were so big that it spilled over and made sure the next two sold a ton of units as well.

Van Halen were another club scene super group who used a lot of their club material on their albums, but they spread it out over the years and did a lot of cool covers and had created some great new albums as well. And they had the personality of Roth and the guitar mastery of Eddie so they were minted. In fact Van Halen were still using some of their club material on that 2009 album!

Yes Pat! I totally agree!!! A Different Kind Of Truth! Most of is forged from demos in the Seventies. SMARKETING!!!!!!

Also though Van Hagar was almost a different kind of band!

But yeah even EVH had a limited amount of ideas. I think his last decent album was 25 years ago or maybe 30, the f**k album. I doubt Eddie could sit down and write another new album even if his life depended on it.

I totally agree. I hate VAN HAGAR but I bought it all and saw it all because I love Eddie, Alex and Michael.

I even liked "Balance." Even "Humans Being" Twister soundtrack. FUKK is good but I hate Right Here Right Now. Pepsi ruined that song.

Everyone runs out of ideas. It's life buddy.

• Like 1

Pat, I just put on RATT "Dancing Undercover." What do you think about this record? I hated it when I first heard it. Love it still today.

To me it's a huge drop-off after the first two albums. None of the songs from Dancing Undercover would make the cut if they'd been part of the Out of the Cellar or Invasion of Your Privacy sessions.

Also the production is weird, the guitars a kind of lost in a sea of gooey bass.

Having said all that it's ok for an occasional listen.

Jesus Pat. We were separated at birth!! NOTHING touches the first two records and the EPIC EP! I hated when they put themselves on the album cover too. Boring cover.

Then of course they did cool art for "Reach For The Sky." I LOVE this record PATT!!! LOL!

They seemed to have just completely run out of ideas by the time they came to record this album. I read about it in the Dancing Undercover Rock Candy booklet. They seemed to be increasingly reliant on Beau Hill to give them something, whether it was help with their playing or song ideas or sound effects that could give them a boost or whatever. They seemed to have pretty much blown their wad after two albums.

Dang Pat! I have all the Rock Candy reissues. I just can't agree. I know the song writing went downhill.

So I'm crazy as you know.

Just to let you know "Invasion Of Your Privacy" is in my Top 5. I saw that tour twice at the Cow Palace. So lucky Pat.

So I think they did blow their wad on "Invasion."

So here is my crazy part.

I would loosely compare "Hemispheres" to "Invasion." Both albums are in my top 5 forever.

But I mean even Rush had to take it down a notch and "reinvent" their sound because "Hemispheres" took a lot out of them.

So RATT had to do do the same thing. But man, RATT was probably too fuckked up on drugs, booze and pussy.

I don't know Pat.

I was a kid when I heard "Dancing Undercover" and I was very disappointed. But today I love all RATT up to "Detonator."

I think the 1999 RATT recored is excellent. "infestation" is good too.

I think Ratt are one of those bands that created a great collection of songs for the club scene over a long maybe 5 year period, and when they made it big and hit the studio and the stadiums they used all that material and any other ideas they had leftover to make their albums. After those ideas were all used up they couldn't progress from that club band mentality which they needed to do and create new and improved material. Whereas a band like Iron Maiden, who did the same thing with their first album did evolve into a proper working band that could create more and more great songs. Ratt just couldn't do it like a Maiden or a Priest.

I wouldn't compare Hemispheres to a Ratt album, there's no real relationship there at all!

Hahaha! I know Pat! I am fishing for some late night rock and roll drama! Comparing Rush to Ratt? Heck yes!!! Think about it. Both band names begin with R and have four letters. lol

I'm just saying Rush peaked with "Hemispheres." JMO

RATT peaked with "Invasion." JMO

Nah RUSH didn't peak then, they still had great albums after Hemispheres, they just weren't as into the epic side-long songs anymore and the fantasy themes. I think their peak is more of a plateau between Fly By Night and Moving Pictures. I do like Signals a lot though.

I know the were much more commercially successful after "Hemispheres." That is not my point. They peaked as a badass progressive metal band doing "Hemispheres."

Then they matured and wrote commercial masterpieces and made a ton of "Big Money" Pat.

I cried as a kid when I heard "Signals" for the first time in my bedroom when I bought the cassette on it's release day. Rainbow Records. My mom drove me.

I put that cassette in my All In One Pioneer and my heart dropped to the floor.

Where the fukk is the guitar?

Where are Neil's huge drum fills??????

Keyboard Rush??????

I was devastated as an Analog Kid.

But then I grew up to be a Digital Man and fell in love with the record.

Hey I get it man.

Different strokes for different folks.

Love,

Gary Coleman

I wasn't disappointed with a RUSH record until Signals but I got over it and got into it eventually.

Same Pat!!!

"Signals" had to grow on me!!! It did!!

Again, I love every record up to "Counterparts."

The first RUSH is one I was never that keen on. It's a bit too honky tonk bar band for me, though there's some good songs.

I love the first Rush record dude. Raw and heavy. Alex shines.

Meh!

I get it! RUSTY on the drums. lol

He's not bad.

It's not just that I just can't get IN THE MOOD!

Hahaha! Limp Dick Rock!

• Like 1

Earl how would you compare Judas Priest and Ratt?

You are so funny.

I love both sooooooooo much.

JUDAS PREIST MAKES RATT LOOK LIKE FUKKING MICKEY MOUSE! LOL

Remember they were called MICKEY RATT. Disney was going to sue.

• Like 1

Going back to Ratt for a second considering what I said they did really well to get 4 platinum albums out of 4. Those first two were so big that it spilled over and made sure the next two sold a ton of units as well.

Van Halen were another club scene super group who used a lot of their club material on their albums, but they spread it out over the years and did a lot of cool covers and had created some great new albums as well. And they had the personality of Roth and the guitar mastery of Eddie so they were minted. In fact Van Halen were still using some of their club material on that 2009 album!

Yes Pat! I totally agree!!! A Different Kind Of Truth! Most of is forged from demos in the Seventies. SMARKETING!!!!!!

Also though Van Hagar was almost a different kind of band!

But yeah even EVH had a limited amount of ideas. I think his last decent album was 25 years ago or maybe 30, the f**k album. I doubt Eddie could sit down and write another new album even if his life depended on it.

I totally agree. I hate VAN HAGAR but I bought it all and saw it all because I love Eddie, Alex and Michael.

I even liked "Balance." Even "Humans Being" Twister soundtrack. FUKK is good but I hate Right Here Right Now. Pepsi ruined that song.

Everyone runs out of ideas. It's life buddy.

Except for Rob Halford, he's got ideas forever!

You are so funny.

Imagine Stephen Pearcy doing the full Rocka Rolla album with those two guitarists he has in Ratt now? How would he do with Run of the Mill?

• Like 1

What would you do Earl if you found out Stephen Pearcy had changed his name to Rob Pearcy and he'd paid Halford and Tipton $1 million dollars so he could re-record the whole Priest catalogue including Nostradamus and Jugulator??
  • Like 1

All I know is that the black death wasn't f***ing around.

My son was just talking about the bubonic plague last night...apparently some kid in Idaho contracted it in 2018. I had no idea it was still around. But yeah.

I’ve been on a Whitesnake and Coverdale binge of late. I was going to try and catch them in New Hampshire as part of my “this could be it,” policy. Too bad. David probably doesn’t have much time to do this left. He still makes good albums though. And I maintain in his prime he had the best singing voice in rock.
  • Like 1

Well kids, I guess it's a wise move for David Coverdale to get hernia surgery. I don't there here will be any concerts in July anyway!!

So Whitesnake is done for the year.

That means it's just Sammy Hagar now with Night Ranger.

FUKK THAT!!

I have tickets to Shoreline and in Wheatland and they are all in the fourth row. Pissed, but it's life!!!

"I WISH YOU WELL" DAVID!!!!

I hope I get to see Whitesnake in 2021!!!! I won't be a "Gambler" on that bet.

Earl you have the virus don't you?? And don't say you've already had it, you can get this one three or four times with differing symptoms each time.

I don't have any symptoms right now.

"Symptom Of The Universe" Pat. That's all I have.

u2zf9kf.jpg

Says it all Pat.

I'm listening to "Blood Of Nations" tonight.

"PANDEMIC!!"

I don't think it's fair to measure a pandemic when it's still ongoing...

That's the current position, as of March 15. Since then it's overtaken Ebola. It's got a long way to go to overtake the next one though.

Here's a slightly updated chart:

deadliestpandemics-infographic-15.jpg

I’ve been on a Whitesnake and Coverdale binge of late. I was going to try and catch them in New Hampshire as part of my “this could be it,” policy. Too bad. David probably doesn’t have much time to do this left. He still makes good albums though. And I maintain in his prime he had the best singing voice in rock.

I know Rick! I'm totally bummed! At least I have seen Whitesnake on every tour since "1987." It's all coming to an end.

• Like 1

You are so funny.

Imagine Stephen Pearcy doing the full Rocka Rolla album with those two guitarists he has in Ratt now? How would he do with Run of the Mill?

Nice pun. It would be a train wreck.

• Like 1

What would you do Earl if you found out Stephen Pearcy had changed his name to Rob Pearcy and he'd paid Halford and Tipton $1 million dollars so he could re-record the whole Priest catalogue including Nostradamus and Jugulator??

Hahaha! I would jump off the Empire State Building "Head First."

Signed,

The Babys

• Like 1

Well kids, I guess it's a wise move for David Coverdale to get hernia surgery. I don't there here will be any concerts in July anyway!!

FUKK THAT!!

I have tickets to Shoreline and in Wheatland and they are all in the fourth row. Pissed, but it's life!!!

Earl you have the virus don't you?? And don't say you've already had it, you can get this one three or four times with differing symptoms each time.

u2zf9kf.jpg

Says it all Pat.

"PANDEMIC!!"

That's the current position, as of March 15. Since then it's overtaken Ebola. It's got a long way to go to overtake the next one though.

LOL

FUKK THAT!!

u2zf9kf.jpg

Says it all Pat.

"PANDEMIC!!"

LOL

I was a bit bored today Earl, I spent a couple of hours perfecting the Killer of Giants solo. Not on guitar though, whistling! And yes I got it right, it's easy really. It's all parts of the same thing really but beautifully done.

• Like 1

FUKK THAT!!

u2zf9kf.jpg

Says it all Pat.

"PANDEMIC!!"

LOL

I was a bit bored today Earl, I spent a couple of hours perfecting the Killer of Giants solo. Not on guitar though, whistling! And yes I got it right, it's easy really. It's all parts of the same thing really but beautifully done.

Haha! That's awesome dude. That is a great song with an amazing solo. Didn't know you were a good whistler. Too bad you can't play that song on guitar. It would fun to jam together if I ever get my arse over there.

• Like 1

Hahaha! I would jump off the Empire State Building "Head First."

Signed,

The Babys

• Like 1