"DON'T BREAK MY HEART AGAIN" DAVID!! Too Late! Coverdale To Have Hernia Surgery! 2020 Concerts Canceled!

RUSHHEAD666

Listening to "Reach For The Sky." Pat do you love to Ratt N Roll?

I like the album but the first two albums are leagues above everything else.

I remember when that album came out and Way Cool Jr was a single and Ratt were acting in interviews like they'd written their masterpiece, like it was Kashmir or something. I was thinking wow it's just a weak pop metal song. Another one that wouldn't even make the cut as a bonus track on Out of the Cellar. If Ratt could have kept up the song quality level they had on OOTC and IOYP they could have been a great band long term.

Damnit, I agree. City To City and I Want A Woman Rock.

But, I think "Reach" is a Golden Peach Pat. LOVE IT!

Hell, I think "Detonator" is amazing.

I know the RATT boyz had money coming in from Milton Berle. Also the Little Richard connection. Bizarre.

Dude, I met them in Walnut Creek in 1983 as they were promoting their 1983 ep. Record Exchange. Also met Queensryche there 1983. Promoting their ep. I lived the dream Pat.

It's in my DNA. I did have a good marriage and I loved Wendy and it ended. But I am married to the music Pat. Till death do us part. Seriously.

Music doesn't cheat on you.

Music doesn't get sick.

Music doesn't get shitfaced so you have to babysit.

Music doesn't fight with you.

Music doesn't spit in your face.

Music doesn't divorce you.

Music is unconditional love Pat.

What was their connection to Milton Berle apart from him appearing in one of the videos? Or however many he was in, I forget now.

I could look it up Pat and I am all about people correcting me when I'm wrong but I think Pearcy is connected to the Berle family genetically. So Milton put up the funds to help get RATT off the ground.

I don't get the Little Richard Connection but have you seen the Detonator Video? Little Richard is in the video and totally trying to sell the RATT name.

Maybe he had pictures of them both with she-male hookers or something and he knew where the hooker bodies were buried?

Hahahaha!!!I will never understand that erection, I mean connection. Makes no sense to me Pat.

Well there is one connection maybe Milt is Pearcy's secret dad. I've heard people say in recent years that Pearcy is a bit of a funny guy, like a comedy type guy, maybe like his "dad"?

That's true.

I met Pearcy about 4 years ago after his gig in Santa Rosa.

He loved my Invasion Tee.

Anyway I was able to talk to him for about 5 minutes.

He was very personable and very funny!

I know his voice is quite shot, but I love him.

Pat!

I can't find the post, but I think you asked me somewhere to name my three bottom Rush albums??

I actually love "Snakes And Arrows" and "Clockwork Angels."

So...... I'm going for it Pat. You may disqualify me.... first to worst.

TEST FOR ECHO

VAPOR TRAILS

FEEDBACK

Feedback don't count it's a covers album. It's not even an album it's a 25 minute EP!

Hahaha! I know Pat. I tried to pull a fast one on you. I can't get anything past you.

UGH!!

OK!

TEST FOR ECHO

CLOCKWORK ANGELS

VAPOR TRAILS

I don't agree with the last two, what's your problem with Clockwork Angels?

I love Clockwork Angels Pat. I am sorry you love Vapor Trails but to each their own.

I can't put any other Rush record lower man.

What are your lowest three?

Dude, I am sorry. I love the synth stuff. I love Presto. I love Counterparts. You know this.

I bet you like Clockwork better than S&A.

I dig S&A Pat. WE HOLD ON!

Presto has the worst drum sound of RUSH's whole catalogue. And some of the bad songs on there are absolutely atrocious, like Scars and Superconductor and Hand Over Fist.

My bottom 3 are Presto, Roll the Bones and Test For Echo. Snakes is just above those three.

I understand you Pat. I can't hate a record because of the lack of production. I get it, but I love Scars, Superconductor and Hand Over Fist. I love playing that album on the drums.

Maybe I'm just fuckked up because I am a Neil Freak. I don't know.

Everyone complains about the production of Vapor Trails. They even did the remixed version. Just a cash grab Pat. Shite is shite. So even a "Presto" remix wouldn't change your mind.

It is what it is.

I don't hate Vapor Trails because of the production. I like it's raw intensity and sonic endeavor. But as for Geddy's vocals and that annoying background vocal looping? I HATE IT!

Vapor Trails is heavier Earl, it has more balls. It's got a snarling animal quality to it that I like. It kicks ass. Presto by comparison is like a brain dead dodo that's been half stuffed by a drunken taxidermist. It needs more life.

I know Pat. I agree. It's heavier than a SONIC TEMPLE! lol The CULT! RUSH IS A CULT BAND! LOL!

Dude, sonically the album is great. For some reason Geddy's voice and those horrible loop vocal overdubs drive me nuts. Like a dog whistle being blown into the ear of a werewolf.

"Bark At The Moon" Jake E Lee!

FULL CIRCLE PAT!

FULL MOON MADNESS!!! LOL

It's way past "DUSK"

Signed,

BADLANDS

• Like 1

Why do you think I threw in Feedback. It's shite. I didn't want to throw Clockwork under the bus..

"The Garden" makes me cry.

Come on Pat.

I prefer Clockwork Angels to a lot of RUSH albums. I've got it about 12th overall I think. Only A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, 2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Caress of Steel, Fly By Night, Signals, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire and Counterparts beat it. I've got it just ahead of Vapor Trails and then Grace Under Pressure.

• Like 1

Pat, I just put on RATT "Dancing Undercover." What do you think about this record? I hated it when I first heard it. Love it still today.

To me it's a huge drop-off after the first two albums. None of the songs from Dancing Undercover would make the cut if they'd been part of the Out of the Cellar or Invasion of Your Privacy sessions.

Also the production is weird, the guitars a kind of lost in a sea of gooey bass.

Having said all that it's ok for an occasional listen.

Jesus Pat. We were separated at birth!! NOTHING touches the first two records and the EPIC EP! I hated when they put themselves on the album cover too. Boring cover.

Then of course they did cool art for "Reach For The Sky." I LOVE this record PATT!!! LOL!

They seemed to have just completely run out of ideas by the time they came to record this album. I read about it in the Dancing Undercover Rock Candy booklet. They seemed to be increasingly reliant on Beau Hill to give them something, whether it was help with their playing or song ideas or sound effects that could give them a boost or whatever. They seemed to have pretty much blown their wad after two albums.

Dang Pat! I have all the Rock Candy reissues. I just can't agree. I know the song writing went downhill.

So I'm crazy as you know.

Just to let you know "Invasion Of Your Privacy" is in my Top 5. I saw that tour twice at the Cow Palace. So lucky Pat.

So I think they did blow their wad on "Invasion."

So here is my crazy part.

I would loosely compare "Hemispheres" to "Invasion." Both albums are in my top 5 forever.

But I mean even Rush had to take it down a notch and "reinvent" their sound because "Hemispheres" took a lot out of them.

So RATT had to do do the same thing. But man, RATT was probably too fuckked up on drugs, booze and pussy.

I don't know Pat.

I was a kid when I heard "Dancing Undercover" and I was very disappointed. But today I love all RATT up to "Detonator."

I think the 1999 RATT recored is excellent. "infestation" is good too.

I think Ratt are one of those bands that created a great collection of songs for the club scene over a long maybe 5 year period, and when they made it big and hit the studio and the stadiums they used all that material and any other ideas they had leftover to make their albums. After those ideas were all used up they couldn't progress from that club band mentality which they needed to do and create new and improved material. Whereas a band like Iron Maiden, who did the same thing with their first album did evolve into a proper working band that could create more and more great songs. Ratt just couldn't do it like a Maiden or a Priest.

I wouldn't compare Hemispheres to a Ratt album, there's no real relationship there at all!

Hahaha! I know Pat! I am fishing for some late night rock and roll drama! Comparing Rush to Ratt? Heck yes!!! Think about it. Both band names begin with R and have four letters. lol

I'm just saying Rush peaked with "Hemispheres." JMO

RATT peaked with "Invasion." JMO

Nah RUSH didn't peak then, they still had great albums after Hemispheres, they just weren't as into the epic side-long songs anymore and the fantasy themes. I think their peak is more of a plateau between Fly By Night and Moving Pictures. I do like Signals a lot though.

I know the were much more commercially successful after "Hemispheres." That is not my point. They peaked as a badass progressive metal band doing "Hemispheres."

Then they matured and wrote commercial masterpieces and made a ton of "Big Money" Pat.

I cried as a kid when I heard "Signals" for the first time in my bedroom when I bought the cassette on it's release day. Rainbow Records. My mom drove me.

I put that cassette in my All In One Pioneer and my heart dropped to the floor.

Where the fukk is the guitar?

Where are Neil's huge drum fills??????

Keyboard Rush??????

I was devastated as an Analog Kid.

But then I grew up to be a Digital Man and fell in love with the record.

Hey I get it man.

Different strokes for different folks.

Love,

Gary Coleman

I wasn't disappointed with a RUSH record until Signals but I got over it and got into it eventually.
  • Like 1

Why do you think I threw in Feedback. It's shite. I didn't want to throw Clockwork under the bus..

Come on Pat.

I prefer Clockwork Angels to a lot of RUSH albums. I've got it about 12th overall I think. Only A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, 2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Caress of Steel, Fly By Night, Signals, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire and Counterparts beat it. I've got it just ahead of Vapor Trails and then Grace Under Pressure.

Wow! I get it.

I am just glad that you hold "Hold Your Fire" so high. Incredible record.

• Like 1

Come on Pat.

Wow! I get it.

I am just glad that you hold "Hold Your Fire" so high. Incredible record.

Aye.

Pat, I just put on RATT "Dancing Undercover." What do you think about this record? I hated it when I first heard it. Love it still today.

To me it's a huge drop-off after the first two albums. None of the songs from Dancing Undercover would make the cut if they'd been part of the Out of the Cellar or Invasion of Your Privacy sessions.

Also the production is weird, the guitars a kind of lost in a sea of gooey bass.

Jesus Pat. We were separated at birth!! NOTHING touches the first two records and the EPIC EP! I hated when they put themselves on the album cover too. Boring cover.

Then of course they did cool art for "Reach For The Sky." I LOVE this record PATT!!! LOL!

They seemed to have just completely run out of ideas by the time they came to record this album. I read about it in the Dancing Undercover Rock Candy booklet. They seemed to be increasingly reliant on Beau Hill to give them something, whether it was help with their playing or song ideas or sound effects that could give them a boost or whatever. They seemed to have pretty much blown their wad after two albums.

Dang Pat! I have all the Rock Candy reissues. I just can't agree. I know the song writing went downhill.

Just to let you know "Invasion Of Your Privacy" is in my Top 5. I saw that tour twice at the Cow Palace. So lucky Pat.

I would loosely compare "Hemispheres" to "Invasion." Both albums are in my top 5 forever.

But I mean even Rush had to take it down a notch and "reinvent" their sound because "Hemispheres" took a lot out of them.

So RATT had to do do the same thing. But man, RATT was probably too fuckked up on drugs, booze and pussy.

I don't know Pat.

I was a kid when I heard "Dancing Undercover" and I was very disappointed. But today I love all RATT up to "Detonator."

I think Ratt are one of those bands that created a great collection of songs for the club scene over a long maybe 5 year period, and when they made it big and hit the studio and the stadiums they used all that material and any other ideas they had leftover to make their albums. After those ideas were all used up they couldn't progress from that club band mentality which they needed to do and create new and improved material. Whereas a band like Iron Maiden, who did the same thing with their first album did evolve into a proper working band that could create more and more great songs. Ratt just couldn't do it like a Maiden or a Priest.

I wouldn't compare Hemispheres to a Ratt album, there's no real relationship there at all!

Hahaha! I know Pat! I am fishing for some late night rock and roll drama! Comparing Rush to Ratt? Heck yes!!! Think about it. Both band names begin with R and have four letters. lol

Nah RUSH didn't peak then, they still had great albums after Hemispheres, they just weren't as into the epic side-long songs anymore and the fantasy themes. I think their peak is more of a plateau between Fly By Night and Moving Pictures. I do like Signals a lot though.

I know the were much more commercially successful after "Hemispheres." That is not my point. They peaked as a badass progressive metal band doing "Hemispheres."

Then they matured and wrote commercial masterpieces and made a ton of "Big Money" Pat.

I cried as a kid when I heard "Signals" for the first time in my bedroom when I bought the cassette on it's release day. Rainbow Records. My mom drove me.

Keyboard Rush??????

Hey I get it man.

Love,

Gary Coleman

I wasn't disappointed with a RUSH record until Signals but I got over it and got into it eventually.

Same Pat!!!

"Signals" had to grow on me!!! It did!!

Again, I love every record up to "Counterparts."

• Like 1

Pat!

I can't find the post, but I think you asked me somewhere to name my three bottom Rush albums??

TEST FOR ECHO

VAPOR TRAILS

FEEDBACK

Feedback don't count it's a covers album. It's not even an album it's a 25 minute EP!

Hahaha! I know Pat. I tried to pull a fast one on you. I can't get anything past you.

UGH!!

OK!

TEST FOR ECHO

CLOCKWORK ANGELS

VAPOR TRAILS

I love Clockwork Angels Pat. I am sorry you love Vapor Trails but to each their own.

Dude, I am sorry. I love the synth stuff. I love Presto. I love Counterparts. You know this.

Presto has the worst drum sound of RUSH's whole catalogue. And some of the bad songs on there are absolutely atrocious, like Scars and Superconductor and Hand Over Fist.

My bottom 3 are Presto, Roll the Bones and Test For Echo. Snakes is just above those three.

I understand you Pat. I can't hate a record because of the lack of production. I get it, but I love Scars, Superconductor and Hand Over Fist. I love playing that album on the drums.

Everyone complains about the production of Vapor Trails. They even did the remixed version. Just a cash grab Pat. Shite is shite. So even a "Presto" remix wouldn't change your mind.

It is what it is.

I don't hate Vapor Trails because of the production. I like it's raw intensity and sonic endeavor. But as for Geddy's vocals and that annoying background vocal looping? I HATE IT!

Vapor Trails is heavier Earl, it has more balls. It's got a snarling animal quality to it that I like. It kicks ass. Presto by comparison is like a brain dead dodo that's been half stuffed by a drunken taxidermist. It needs more life.

I know Pat. I agree. It's heavier than a SONIC TEMPLE! lol The CULT! RUSH IS A CULT BAND! LOL!

Dude, sonically the album is great. For some reason Geddy's voice and those horrible loop vocal overdubs drive me nuts. Like a dog whistle being blown into the ear of a werewolf.

FULL CIRCLE PAT!

FULL MOON MADNESS!!! LOL

It's way past "DUSK"

Signed,

BADLANDS

Well generally Geddy's vocals deteriorated over time.

Do you think Rob Halford's vocals have changed since he started doing the Italian opera stuff on Nostradamus?

• Like 1

I don't know Pat.

Keyboard Rush??????

Hey I get it man.

Love,

Gary Coleman

Same Pat!!!

The first RUSH is one I was never that keen on. It's a bit too honky tonk bar band for me, though there's some good songs.

Going back to Ratt for a second considering what I said they did really well to get 4 platinum albums out of 4. Those first two were so big that it spilled over and made sure the next two sold a ton of units as well.

Van Halen were another club scene super group who used a lot of their club material on their albums, but they spread it out over the years and did a lot of cool covers and had created some great new albums as well. And they had the personality of Roth and the guitar mastery of Eddie so they were minted. In fact Van Halen were still using some of their club material on that 2009 album!

• Like 1

Pat!

TEST FOR ECHO

VAPOR TRAILS

FEEDBACK

UGH!!

OK!

TEST FOR ECHO

CLOCKWORK ANGELS

VAPOR TRAILS

It is what it is.

FULL CIRCLE PAT!

FULL MOON MADNESS!!! LOL

It's way past "DUSK"

Signed,

BADLANDS

Do you think Rob Halford's vocals have changed since he started doing the Italian opera stuff on Nostradamus?

Yes Pat. I can't even watch R40. Geddy's voice is shot to hell. So sad. But it's life. RUSH went out on top. I'm happy.

Dude! That is a trick question.

I saw Priest with Heep last year.

I had tears in my eyes during "Victim Of Changes."

He nailed it.

He is the same.

I told you my top three vocalists even though one of them is a douchebag now.

ROB HALFORD

FREDDIE MERCURY

GEOFF TATE douche now

I don't know Pat.

Keyboard Rush??????

Hey I get it man.

Love,

Gary Coleman

Same Pat!!!

The first RUSH is one I was never that keen on. It's a bit too honky tonk bar band for me, though there's some good songs.

I love the first Rush record dude. Raw and heavy. Alex shines.

• Like 1

Going back to Ratt for a second considering what I said they did really well to get 4 platinum albums out of 4. Those first two were so big that it spilled over and made sure the next two sold a ton of units as well.

Van Halen were another club scene super group who used a lot of their club material on their albums, but they spread it out over the years and did a lot of cool covers and had created some great new albums as well. And they had the personality of Roth and the guitar mastery of Eddie so they were minted. In fact Van Halen were still using some of their club material on that 2009 album!

Yes Pat! I totally agree!!! A Different Kind Of Truth! Most of is forged from demos in the Seventies. SMARKETING!!!!!!

• Like 1

Pat!

TEST FOR ECHO

VAPOR TRAILS

FEEDBACK

UGH!!

OK!

TEST FOR ECHO

CLOCKWORK ANGELS

VAPOR TRAILS

It is what it is.

FULL CIRCLE PAT!

FULL MOON MADNESS!!! LOL

It's way past "DUSK"

Signed,

BADLANDS

Yes Pat. I can't even watch R40. Geddy's voice is shot to hell. So sad. But it's life. RUSH went out on top. I'm happy.

He nailed it.

He is the same.

ROB HALFORD

FREDDIE MERCURY

GEOFF TATE douche now

Tate is delusional about his place in the world in 2020. He's probably delusional about his place in 1984!

Halford sang as as good as ever on that last tour. I didn't see him in person but I watched about 96 different gig youtube videos.

• Like 1

I don't know Pat.

Keyboard Rush??????

Hey I get it man.

Love,

Gary Coleman

Same Pat!!!

Meh!

Pat!

TEST FOR ECHO

VAPOR TRAILS

FEEDBACK

UGH!!

OK!

TEST FOR ECHO

CLOCKWORK ANGELS

VAPOR TRAILS

It is what it is.

FULL CIRCLE PAT!

FULL MOON MADNESS!!! LOL

It's way past "DUSK"

Signed,

BADLANDS

He nailed it.

He is the same.

ROB HALFORD

FREDDIE MERCURY

GEOFF TATE douche now

Tate is delusional about his place in the world in 2020. He's probably delusional about his place in 1984!

Halford sang as as good as ever on that last tour. I didn't see him in person but I watched about 96 different gig youtube videos.

Geoff TAINT dude.

Rob Halford's voice made me tear up Pat. No one will ever touch him.

• Like 1

I don't know Pat.

Keyboard Rush??????

Hey I get it man.

Love,

Gary Coleman

Same Pat!!!

Meh!

I get it! RUSTY on the drums. lol

He's not bad.

• Like 1

Yes Pat! I totally agree!!! A Different Kind Of Truth! Most of is forged from demos in the Seventies. SMARKETING!!!!!!

Also though Van Hagar was almost a different kind of band!

But yeah even EVH had a limited amount of ideas. I think his last decent album was 25 years ago or maybe 30, the f**k album. I doubt Eddie could sit down and write another new album even if his life depended on it.

• Like 1