GHOST: Cardinal Copia becomes Papa IV

jamie

Earl and I are probably the only ones here who give a shit about Ghost, but on Tuesday, Cardinal Copia became Papa IV at a Ritual in Mexico. This ritual was the first one since late 2019 and it was the last ritual until next year, so there was a lot of speculation and anticipation as to what would happen to him before the next album cycle.

Here's a look at Papa Copia (Popia Copia as I like to call him):

ghost-papa-emeritus-iv.png?fit=700%2C394&ssl=1

But before the reveal, Papa Nihil perished during his sax solo in Miasma. He was the head of the clergy.

Edited by jamie
  • Like 4

Earl and I are probably the only ones here who give a shit about Ghost, but on Tuesday, Cardinal Copia became Papa IV at a Ritual in Mexico. This ritual was the first one since late 2019 and it was the last ritual until next year, so there was a lot of speculation and anticipation as to what would happen to him before the next album cycle.

But before the reveal, Papa Nihil perished during his sax solo in Miasma. He was the head of the clergy.

Wait a minute?? You and Earl?? I pretty much discovered this band while you and Earl were hanging around the mall crying over Huey Lewis not being able to sing anymore! I pretty much AM Ghost! What do you say to THAT??

• Like 3

Hahahaha!! I LOVE YOU JAMIE!!

You made my night!!!!

I am having a deep conversation with Pat about Journey. Jesus, I need a break.

This is so refreshing!!!

YES!

GHOST FOREVER!!

Remember Jamie, I was with Goose a few other cool Forum Friends back in 2015 for Ghost in Reno.

They went for drinks and gambling.

I stood out by Tobais' old beat up brown tour bus until 3:30 am!

They had an afterparty.

But they all came out in their plain clothes.

I will never forget this story.

So I had a cool Ghost poster for everyone to sign.

I got everyone but the keyboard player. Yes, I met Omega.

But then this guy comes up to me in a leather jacket.

He says.... "excuse me, may I sign your poster now?"

I said... "sure, what instrument to you play?"

He smiled and then signed PAPA!

It was Tobias Forge!

I felt like an idiot.

I told him I was sorry and he said.... "don't worry about it, it happens all the time."

I then told Tobias... "Well Tobias, RUSH retired this year so now your band is my new RUSH. I will be traveling to see GHOST!"

This is a very true story. Humans on here think I'm crazy, F em.

I'm real and I would never lie.

Tobias shook my hand and he kneeled down and told me that it was one of the greatest compliments anyone has ever told him.

Oh and it's very true.

More incredible stuff is that I am friends with the original GHOST Merch Guy. WE HAVE THE SAME FIRST AND LAST NAME!!!!!

GHOST FOREVER!

I can't wait for their next album and tour.

By the way!

The last Ghost show I saw was in Reno last year. It was with my dad!! He is Earl Jr! I am Earl III. So we got our picture taken with Earl The Merch Guy!!! Three Earls!! GHOST!! It's EPIC!

It is true Jamie!

Pat did post about GHOST way back in the day.

He compared GHOST to BOC and KING DIAMOND.

I fell in love with GHOST in seconds thanks to Pat.

I even went to the Bottom Of The Hill to see GHOST on their first tour.

I couldn't get in.

I even told Tobias that I tried to see them at Bottom Of The Hill. He laughed.

Great stuff.

GHOST RULES!

• Like 3

Wait a minute?? You and Earl?? I pretty much discovered this band while you and Earl were hanging around the mall crying over Huey Lewis not being able to sing anymore! I pretty much AM Ghost! What do you say to THAT??

LOL!

• Like 1

What are you talking about? Everyone here loves Ghost. I hope the this new Papa is as good of a singer as the Cardinal was. Tough shoes to fill but not impossible. The band has done this kind of thing in the past so it should work out.
  • Like 3

LOL!

d2a53d1d02937540bb7cb0f7bdda03db.jpg

What are you talking about? Everyone here loves Ghost. I hope the this new Papa is as good of a singer as the Cardinal was. Tough shoes to fill but not impossible. The band has done this kind of thing in the past so it should work out.

What is it about this band that they go through lead singers so quickly? :huh:
  • Like 1

Hahahaha!! I LOVE YOU JAMIE!!

You made my night!!!!

I am having a deep conversation with Pat about Journey. Jesus, I need a break.

This is so refreshing!!!

YES!

GHOST FOREVER!!

Remember Jamie, I was with Goose a few other cool Forum Friends back in 2015 for Ghost in Reno.

They went for drinks and gambling.

I stood out by Tobais' old beat up brown tour bus until 3:30 am!

They had an afterparty.

But they all came out in their plain clothes.

I will never forget this story.

So I had a cool Ghost poster for everyone to sign.

I got everyone but the keyboard player. Yes, I met Omega.

But then this guy comes up to me in a leather jacket.

He says.... "excuse me, may I sign your poster now?"

I said... "sure, what instrument to you play?"

He smiled and then signed PAPA!

It was Tobias Forge!

I felt like an idiot.

I told him I was sorry and he said.... "don't worry about it, it happens all the time."

I then told Tobias... "Well Tobias, RUSH retired this year so now your band is my new RUSH. I will be traveling to see GHOST!"

This is a very true story. Humans on here think I'm crazy, F em.

I'm real and I would never lie.

Tobias shook my hand and he kneeled down and told me that it was one of the greatest compliments anyone has ever told him.

Oh and it's very true.

More incredible stuff is that I am friends with the original GHOST Merch Guy. WE HAVE THE SAME FIRST AND LAST NAME!!!!!

GHOST FOREVER!

I can't wait for their next album and tour.

By the way!

The last Ghost show I saw was in Reno last year. It was with my dad!! He is Earl Jr! I am Earl III. So we got our picture taken with Earl The Merch Guy!!! Three Earls!! GHOST!! It's EPIC!

It is true Jamie!

Pat did post about GHOST way back in the day.

He compared GHOST to BOC and KING DIAMOND.

I fell in love with GHOST in seconds thanks to Pat.

I even went to the Bottom Of The Hill to see GHOST on their first tour.

I couldn't get in.

I even told Tobias that I tried to see them at Bottom Of The Hill. He laughed.

Great stuff.

GHOST RULES!

^^^ true story.

That first Ghost show at the tiny Knitting Factory was magical.

What is it about this band that they go through lead singers so quickly? :huh:

I don't know. They must really idolize Black Sabbath and want to catch up with them when it comes to lead singers. Ghost is about halfway there now.

• Like 2

True. Duck has to get the credit for being the first on board the Ghost train.

• Like 2

This I didnt know! All credit goes to you, Duck.
  • Like 1

;)

And here's the thread from about 10 years ago, so you can check it out.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/61303-the-new-blue-oyster-cult-from-sweden-ghost/page__hl__ghost

:d13:

• Like 1

;)

http://www.therushfo...page__hl__ghost

It's crazy how big they've become since those early years!
  • Like 1

;)

http://www.therushfo...page__hl__ghost

It's crazy how big they've become since those early years!

Yeah I didn't expect them to explode like that.

• Like 1

From 2010 up to 2016 they were a fantastic band. From 2017 onward, they're just a joke project to me. FUKK the Forge!!!

signed

Martin Persner, Simon Söderberg, Martin Hjertstedt, Henrik Palm, Mauro Rubino... aka, the Ghouls that were fired in 2016!

• Like 3

I am excited for new music. Tobias does well to change the sound just enough to be new and unique but not enough to not be Ghost.

Have been to three Ghost shows and they were the tits all three times!

The dude can entertain, and he surrounds himself with top musicians.

From 2010 up to 2016 they were a fantastic band. From 2017 onward, they're just a joke project to me. FUKK the Forge!!!

signed

Martin Persner, Simon Söderberg, Martin Hjertstedt, Henrik Palm, Mauro Rubino... aka, the Ghouls that were fired in 2016!

They've lost their edge a bit.
  • Like 2

signed

I wish I saw them on this last tour so I could have some idea of what you're talking about. He might have a whole new band the next time I see them.

• Like 2

signed

More than that. They've lost Alpha, Omega, Air, Ether and Earth. LOL

• Like 2

signed

That sounds like Alex Lifeson doing the song "Victor"!

• Like 1

signed

That sounds like Alex Lifeson doing the song "Victor"!

Haha, these are just the nicknames of the poor ghouls.

• Like 1

signed

I wish I saw them on this last tour so I could have some idea of what you're talking about. He might have a whole new band the next time I see them.

Maybe. Forge is not that kind of guy who seems to care too much about his back-up band members. They're actually really good musicians but they have nothing in common with the band they once were. I saw them live in 2015 and two times in early 2016 and they were a super tight, high energy live band! Unbelievable stage presence and powerful performances. Band of blood brothers. Sadly this is all history now...

• Like 2

signed

yeah it is pretty shady how he fired them :( i hope there was no mistreatment.