Nirvana vs. Green Day

Entre_Perpetuo

which do you prefer?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. bands

2. 2. signature albums

3. 3. other signature albums

Whether true or not, whether deserved or not, there are three albums which are considered to have redirected the course of popular music, or at least sat front and center at the point of demarcation: Sgt Peppers, Never Mind the Bollocks, and Nevermind. This comparison should be more one sided than Custer vs the Sioux. Music critics are often wrong (such as the way they hated on Led Zeppelin through the '70s and most of the '80s, before deciding to fawn over them) but sometimes they are very right, like the way they almost universally praise Nirvana for being genuine art, the way punk could be genuine (Cobain insisted that the grunge label was nonsense, that Nirvana was simply a punk/garage band). But it's not just critics, it's musicians and songwriters such as Patti Smith, Michael Stipe, Annie Clark, etc etc etc.; literally, a simple internet search will find countless musicians who praise Cobain. But Green Day? What a putrid pile of adolescent krahp. Well, whatever, it's all only pop music.

How is Nirvana not also extremely adolescent? And what makes music’s perceived adolescence so bad? To my ears, any punk at all (including The Sex Pistols) has a very youth centric sound and attitude, even if the lyrics venture into politics (it’s not like teenagers are never political, though they aren’t usually very good at it). Also how do you list Nevermind The Bollocks as having the same effect on popular music as Nevermind or Sgt. Pepper’s when The Ramones had already introduced the world to punk a year earlier and the Clash were just as popular and important as both of them? I’d argue Van Halen or Are You Experienced had a much more profound singular impact on popular music than Nevermind The Bollocks.

The Sex Pistols were a media sensation. I was very young when they broke and I remember knowing about them. The music, the fashion, the politics. The Sex Pistols were the spearhead when punk broke mainstream. I vividly recall Nirvana and Nevermind changing the landscape overnight. Grunge became the trend and was endlessly exploited by MTV and the media. Sgt. Pepper's, Never Mind the Bollocks and Nevermind were the albums that broke their respective genres into the mainstream. They were the albums that pushed Psychedelia, Punk and Grunge onto the Evening News and cemented them as house hold names. Are they the only albums to do so? No. But they are the benchmarks and when the culture and media acknowledged things have changed.

• Like 1

Whether true or not, whether deserved or not, there are three albums which are considered to have redirected the course of popular music, or at least sat front and center at the point of demarcation: Sgt Peppers, Never Mind the Bollocks, and Nevermind. This comparison should be more one sided than Custer vs the Sioux. Music critics are often wrong (such as the way they hated on Led Zeppelin through the '70s and most of the '80s, before deciding to fawn over them) but sometimes they are very right, like the way they almost universally praise Nirvana for being genuine art, the way punk could be genuine (Cobain insisted that the grunge label was nonsense, that Nirvana was simply a punk/garage band). But it's not just critics, it's musicians and songwriters such as Patti Smith, Michael Stipe, Annie Clark, etc etc etc.; literally, a simple internet search will find countless musicians who praise Cobain. But Green Day? What a putrid pile of adolescent krahp. Well, whatever, it's all only pop music.

How is Nirvana not also extremely adolescent? And what makes music’s perceived adolescence so bad? To my ears, any punk at all (including The Sex Pistols) has a very youth centric sound and attitude, even if the lyrics venture into politics (it’s not like teenagers are never political, though they aren’t usually very good at it). Also how do you list Nevermind The Bollocks as having the same effect on popular music as Nevermind or Sgt. Pepper’s when The Ramones had already introduced the world to punk a year earlier and the Clash were just as popular and important as both of them? I’d argue Van Halen or Are You Experienced had a much more profound singular impact on popular music than Nevermind The Bollocks.

The Sex Pistols were a media sensation. I was very young when they broke and I remember knowing about them. The music, the fashion, the politics. The Sex Pistols were the spearhead when punk broke mainstream. I vividly recall Nirvana and Nevermind changing the landscape overnight. Grunge became the trend and was endlessly exploited by MTV and the media. Sgt. Pepper's, Never Mind the Bollocks and Nevermind were the albums that broke their respective genres into the mainstream. They were the albums that pushed Psychedelia, Punk and Grunge onto the Evening News and cemented them as house hold names. Are they the only albums to do so? No. But they are the benchmarks and when the culture and media acknowledged things have changed.

I'm glad to hear from someone who was there. Personally, I've never read anything about Nevermind The Bollocks being that kind of spearhead. I always assumed the big break of punk came from all three of the big original punk debuts pretty evenly, maybe the Clash and the Pistols moreso in Britain than America, and vice versa for the Ramones. Punk breaking into the mainstream all at once still doesn't feel as monumental to me as Sgt. Pepper's or especially Nevermind. Maybe it's just the way the industry treated them. I feel like the charts never fully gave in to punk, and it was more punk-influenced and especially new wave records that became big hits after the big three broke. With Sgt. Pepper's and Nevermind, those songs became humongous hits that you didn't need to be part of a movement or scene to get caught up in them. Nevermind had the added splash of totally freaking out the labels to the point where they started signing anything and everything they didn't use to think would sell because it was too "underground" or "niche," hence the ensuing musical chaos of the 90s.

This exactly. Sgt Peppers was preceded by albums like Pet Sounds and Blonde on Blonde, so it wasn't the first heavyweight artistic statement, but in the collective conscious it was the album that changed how people thought about albums. No longer simply collections of songs, LPs -- at their best -- were thereafter expected to be cohesive artistic statements. Nevermind the Bollocks was the album that announced punk as the usurper of the old order to the general public. The Sex Pistols were already a pop phenomenon, the Monkees of punk in a sense (in that they were as much a marketing gimmick as a real band); Never Mind the Bollocks was the tangible expression of the new order. I remember the day my academic stepfather, who normally only listened to classical, jazz and folk, brought home this bright pink and day-glow green album with Sex Pistols splashed across it. They were the Beatles of punk, even people with zero interest in musical counterculture were checking them out. Fast forward thirteen years or so. Mainstream music -- the stuff you hear on the radio and see on MTV -- is mostly godawful dreck: hair metal bands and glitzy pop acts. There were popular bands who were also good, like REM and U2, but they were a distinct minority, and there were plenty of indie/alternative/college rock bands still making great music, like Pixies, The Fall, and Cocteau Twins, but those bands were mostly invisible as far as the mainstream music industry was concerned. The vitality of the '80s had been spent, and all that was left, commercially, for the most part, was a garish caricature of the '80s most superficial excesses. Then Nirvana's Nevermind blew it all up like a nuclear bomb. All of a sudden, the glitz was out, hair metal looked like a bad joke, and "alternative" became all-too mainstream. Because of Nirvana, it seemed like any flannel shirt-wearing band with a gravelly vocalist who could stretch "a" into five syllables was an instant marketing sensation. I found it really repulsive actually, and if I didn't think Nirvana's music was so d*mn good (not just Nevermind), I would have hated them for dragging bands like Crash Test Dummies and Creed to the surface of the cesspool. At any rate, if you lived through these times, as I did with Never Mind the Bollocks and Nevermind, the point would be understood. Mine is neither a claim that these are the three greatest albums ever (Sgt Peppers isn't even The Beatles' best IMO), nor is it a claim that they are the three most influential albums ever, but rather that these albums held a preeminent place at the (arguably) three most significant points of inflection in the broad arc of pop music history, at least insofar as that history involves the LP: the birth of the LP as a cohesive musical expression, as opposed to simply a collection of often disparate tracks; the end of the musical arc that began in 1966 (the Cambrian Explosion of artistically serious rock acts), culminating in the grandiose rock of '70s AOR (aesthetically, punk had been around since the late '60s; '76/'77 saw punk as a social movement that venomously rejected what had come before it); and finally, with Nevermind, the punk ethos was made mainstream (though the revolution would eventually eat itself, becoming the thing it originally mocked). Nevermind changed the entire musical landscape, overnight.

It is said that the "argument from authority" is a weak argument. So be it, but never the less, the section titled "Legacy" from Wiki's Nevermind page makes interesting reading:

Nevermind popularized the Seattle grunge movement and brought alternative rock as a whole into the mainstream, establishing its commercial and cultural viability.[81] Its success surprised Nirvana's contemporaries, who felt dwarfed by its impact. Fugazi frontman Guy Picciotto later said: "It was like our record could have been a hobo pissing in the forest for the amount of impact it had ... It felt like we were playing ukuleles all of a sudden because of the disparity of the impact of what they did."[82] Karen Schoemer of the New York Times wrote that "What's unusual about Nirvana's Nevermind is that it caters to neither a mainstream audience nor the indie rock fans who supported the group's debut album."[83] In 1992, Jon Pareles of The New York Times described that in the aftermath of the album's breakthrough, "Suddenly, all bets are off. No one has the inside track on which of dozens, perhaps hundreds, of ornery, obstreperous, unkempt bands might next appeal to the mall-walking millions." Record company executives offered large advances and record deals to bands, and previous strategies of building audiences for alternative rock bands had been replaced by the opportunity to achieve mainstream popularity quickly.[84]

Michael Azerrad argued in his Nirvana biography Come as You Are: The Story of Nirvana (1993) that Nevermind marked an epochal generational shift in music similar to the rock-and-roll explosion in the 1950s and the end of the baby boomer generation's dominance of the musical landscape. Azerrad wrote, "Nevermind came along at exactly the right time. This was music by, for, and about a whole new group of young people who had been overlooked, ignored, or condescended to."[85] In its citation placing it at number 17 in its 2003 list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, Rolling Stone said, "No album in recent history had such an overpowering impact on a generation—a nation of teens suddenly turned punk—and such a catastrophic effect on its main creator."[86] Gary Gersh, who signed Nirvana to Geffen Records, added that "There is a pre-Nirvana and post-Nirvana record business...'Nevermind' showed that this wasn't some alternative thing happening off in a corner, and then back to reality. This is reality."[87]

Nevermind has continued to garner critical praise since its release, and has been ranked highly on lists of the greatest and most influential albums of all time, as well being ranked as the best album of the 1990s.[88] The album was ranked number 17 on Rolling Stone's list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time,[86] maintaining the rating in a 2012 revised list.[89] In 2019, Rolling Stone also ranked Nevermind number one on its list of the 100 Best Albums of the '90s, calling it the "album that guaranteed the nineties would not suck."[90] Also in 2019, Nevermind was ranked number one on Rolling Stone's 50 Greatest Grunge Albums list.[91] The magazine ranked the album number 10 in its list of 40 Greatest Punk Albums of All Time too.[92] Time placed Nevermind, which writer Josh Tyrangiel called "the finest album of the 90s", on its 2006 list of "The All-TIME 100 Albums".[93] Pitchfork named the album the sixth best of the decade, noting that "anyone who hates this record today is just trying to be cool, and needs to be trying harder."[94] In 2005, the Library of Congress added Nevermind to the National Recording Registry, which collects "culturally, historically or aesthetically important" sound recordings from the 20th century.[95] On the other hand, Nevermind was voted the "Most Overrated Album in the World" in a 2005 BBC public poll.[96] In 2006, readers of Guitar World ranked Nevermind 8th on a list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Recordings.[97] Entertainment Weekly named it the 10th best album of all time on their 2013 list.[98] It was voted number 17 in the third edition of Colin Larkin's All Time Top 1000 Albums (2000).[99]

Edited by Rutlefan

I'll take any opportunity I can to vote against Nirvana. So it's Green Day for me even though I am not really a fan of theirs either.

that gave me a laugh but i hear ya.

never got the big deal putting aside the importance.....it's nothing special IMO.

Mick

The three other bands that came out of Seattle during that time blow Nirvana away.

my fav is alice in Chains and they fukkin' roundhouse kick Nirvana into near non-existence for me, lol

Mick

I do love AiC, also...they were the best band to come out of that whole scene, IMO.

3 words. Mother Love Bone

You mean the band nobody heard of until after the big four of grunge made it big lol.

Apparently you have no idea of the history of grunge.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. The band is only widely known because their singer died young and two of its members went on to be in Pearl Jam.

No. They are known because of that by many who don't care to go any further. They are loved by plenty because their music was insanely good. Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, Temple Of The Dog and Stone Temple Pilots released in a very close span of time some of the greatest debut albums I have ever heard.

None of this "big four" shite, this era produced so many fantastic bands, it took many great records a little time to get the right recognition. I have no idea why you're downplaying the relevance of this band, the music speaks for itself.

That STP debut is a great one. But they are not grunge. They got clumped in with that label because they got popular not too long after the "big four" from Seattle got huge. You may not like that label but when people hear the big four of grunge mentioned they know exactly what bands are being referred to.

Scott Weiland mimicked vocal styles. I don't necessarily see that as a weakness or something to be critical about because it worked for Stone Temple Pilots. STP was deceptively good. I think the main reason STP got lumped with Grunge is because Weiland seemed to be mimicking Eddie Vedder, to the degree that casual listeners probably thought STP was Pearl Jam.

I certainly hear some similarities in Vedder and Weiland's vocals but both of them have their own individuality. Core came out about a year after Ten so it's possible Weiland got some inspiration from Vedder.

possible? Lol

Weiland's vocals on STP's Plush is a rip off of Pearl Jam's Evenflow. I realized this the first time I heard Plush.

Play Evenflow at :15 then play Plush at :50.

That doesn't discount STP's music, but it's pretty clear, yes.

How is Nirvana not also extremely adolescent? And what makes music’s perceived adolescence so bad? To my ears, any punk at all (including The Sex Pistols) has a very youth centric sound and attitude, even if the lyrics venture into politics

ALL rock and pop is adolescent by it's very nature.
  • Like 2

This exactly. Sgt Peppers was preceded by albums like Pet Sounds and Blonde on Blonde, so it wasn't the first heavyweight artistic statement, but in the collective conscious it was the album that changed how people thought about albums. No longer simply collections of songs, LPs -- at their best -- were thereafter expected to be cohesive artistic statements. Nevermind the Bollocks was the album that announced punk as the usurper of the old order to the general public. The Sex Pistols were already a pop phenomenon, the Monkees of punk in a sense (in that they were as much a marketing gimmick as a real band); Never Mind the Bollocks was the tangible expression of the new order. I remember the day my academic stepfather, who normally only listened to classical, jazz and folk, brought home this bright pink and day-glow green album with Sex Pistols splashed across it. They were the Beatles of punk, even people with zero interest in musical counterculture were checking them out. Fast forward thirteen years or so. Mainstream music -- the stuff you hear on the radio and see on MTV -- is mostly godawful dreck: hair metal bands and glitzy pop acts. There were popular bands who were also good, like REM and U2, but they were a distinct minority, and there were plenty of indie/alternative/college rock bands still making great music, like Pixies, The Fall, and Cocteau Twins, but those bands were mostly invisible as far as the mainstream music industry was concerned. The vitality of the '80s had been spent, and all that was left, commercially, for the most part, was a garish caricature of the '80s most superficial excesses. Then Nirvana's Nevermind blew it all up like a nuclear bomb. All of a sudden, the glitz was out, hair metal looked like a bad joke, and "alternative" became all-too mainstream. Because of Nirvana, it seemed like any flannel shirt-wearing band with a gravelly vocalist who could stretch "a" into five syllables was an instant marketing sensation. I found it really repulsive actually, and if I didn't think Nirvana's music was so d*mn good (not just Nevermind), I would have hated them for dragging bands like Crash Test Dummies and Creed to the surface of the cesspool. At any rate, if you lived through these times, as I did with Never Mind the Bollocks and Nevermind, the point would be understood. Mine is neither a claim that these are the three greatest albums ever (Sgt Peppers isn't even The Beatles' best IMO), nor is it a claim that they are the three most influential albums ever, but rather that these albums held a preeminent place at the (arguably) three most significant points of inflection in the broad arc of pop music history, at least insofar as that history involves the LP: the birth of the LP as a cohesive musical expression, as opposed to simply a collection of often disparate tracks; the end of the musical arc that began in 1966 (the Cambrian Explosion of artistically serious rock acts), culminating in the grandiose rock of '70s AOR (aesthetically, punk had been around since the late '60s; '76/'77 saw punk as a social movement that venomously rejected what had come before it); and finally, with Nevermind, the punk ethos was made mainstream (though the revolution would eventually eat itself, becoming the thing it originally mocked). Nevermind changed the entire musical landscape, overnight.

It is said that the "argument from authority" is a weak argument. So be it, but never the less, the section titled "Legacy" from Wiki's Nevermind page makes interesting reading:

Nevermind popularized the Seattle grunge movement and brought alternative rock as a whole into the mainstream, establishing its commercial and cultural viability.[81] Its success surprised Nirvana's contemporaries, who felt dwarfed by its impact. Fugazi frontman Guy Picciotto later said: "It was like our record could have been a hobo pissing in the forest for the amount of impact it had ... It felt like we were playing ukuleles all of a sudden because of the disparity of the impact of what they did."[82] Karen Schoemer of the New York Times wrote that "What's unusual about Nirvana's Nevermind is that it caters to neither a mainstream audience nor the indie rock fans who supported the group's debut album."[83] In 1992, Jon Pareles of The New York Times described that in the aftermath of the album's breakthrough, "Suddenly, all bets are off. No one has the inside track on which of dozens, perhaps hundreds, of ornery, obstreperous, unkempt bands might next appeal to the mall-walking millions." Record company executives offered large advances and record deals to bands, and previous strategies of building audiences for alternative rock bands had been replaced by the opportunity to achieve mainstream popularity quickly.[84]

Michael Azerrad argued in his Nirvana biography Come as You Are: The Story of Nirvana (1993) that Nevermind marked an epochal generational shift in music similar to the rock-and-roll explosion in the 1950s and the end of the baby boomer generation's dominance of the musical landscape. Azerrad wrote, "Nevermind came along at exactly the right time. This was music by, for, and about a whole new group of young people who had been overlooked, ignored, or condescended to."[85] In its citation placing it at number 17 in its 2003 list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, Rolling Stone said, "No album in recent history had such an overpowering impact on a generation—a nation of teens suddenly turned punk—and such a catastrophic effect on its main creator."[86] Gary Gersh, who signed Nirvana to Geffen Records, added that "There is a pre-Nirvana and post-Nirvana record business...'Nevermind' showed that this wasn't some alternative thing happening off in a corner, and then back to reality. This is reality."[87]

Nevermind has continued to garner critical praise since its release, and has been ranked highly on lists of the greatest and most influential albums of all time, as well being ranked as the best album of the 1990s.[88] The album was ranked number 17 on Rolling Stone's list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time,[86] maintaining the rating in a 2012 revised list.[89] In 2019, Rolling Stone also ranked Nevermind number one on its list of the 100 Best Albums of the '90s, calling it the "album that guaranteed the nineties would not suck."[90] Also in 2019, Nevermind was ranked number one on Rolling Stone's 50 Greatest Grunge Albums list.[91] The magazine ranked the album number 10 in its list of 40 Greatest Punk Albums of All Time too.[92] Time placed Nevermind, which writer Josh Tyrangiel called "the finest album of the 90s", on its 2006 list of "The All-TIME 100 Albums".[93] Pitchfork named the album the sixth best of the decade, noting that "anyone who hates this record today is just trying to be cool, and needs to be trying harder."[94] In 2005, the Library of Congress added Nevermind to the National Recording Registry, which collects "culturally, historically or aesthetically important" sound recordings from the 20th century.[95] On the other hand, Nevermind was voted the "Most Overrated Album in the World" in a 2005 BBC public poll.[96] In 2006, readers of Guitar World ranked Nevermind 8th on a list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Recordings.[97] Entertainment Weekly named it the 10th best album of all time on their 2013 list.[98] It was voted number 17 in the third edition of Colin Larkin's All Time Top 1000 Albums (2000).[99]

Dang, I thought I had long posts. I'm happy to learn from people who actually lived through the first wave of punk ow much of a cultural shift it was at the time. Looking back on it as someone who wasn't alive for any of the three albums you mentioned, they don't stand on equal historic ground to me, and I'd bet they don't for most people my age or slightly older. From what I've read and learned, Nevermind The Bollocks and the whole original punk explosion is seen as a bit of a flash in the pan. Certainly it had a sizable impact through new wave and its distaste for most early 70s bands, but the punk bands themselves (aside from The Clash, who made bona-fide commercial music later on) didn't achieve the kind of success all their notoriety would seem to call for. The Pistols imploded and the Ramones spent years aiming for the charts and missing. To my knowledge no one else even touched the charts. Nevermind and Sgt. Pepper's are generally held in higher historic esteem for the changes they signaled. At least that's how I've read it since getting into music nearly a decade ago. Personally, I don't really see how God Save The Queen changed much more than Eruption.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

Nirvana vs Green Day? I might throw up in my mouth.

"Bleach" and "Nevermind" are good. That's it for me.

Voting for either of these horrible bands makes me think of a bad joke.........

What kind of meat do priests eat?

NONE

Wink wink

"Signature albums?" LOL!!!!!!!!

I won't sign shite! More like spit.

Yet Rush Fans on here hate Neo Prog.

What a mixed bunch of nuts we have on here.

See you all in May 16th for Neil!!

Hey I have Misplaced Childhood and I think it's great.

• Like 1

Hahaha!

Now you are typing.

I read Pat's response and Mick's. Silly really. Melodic guitar synth prog rules, yet humans on here hate Neo Prog and love RUSH????

I bet many people on here hate Camel too. One of the greatest bands from the UK ever.

Yep I just I'm hijacking now.

Sorry.

I grew up with Nirvana and that shite poser band Greed Day. I can't stand them. Poser Punk.

I loved Nirvana when "Bleach" came out so whatever.

I saw Nirvana live. They were like The Who smashing all of their instruments on stage. Cow Palace. It was Epic.

I bought everything from the SUB POP Label when it came out.

Yep! I'm just a Rock N Roll Whore! SUE ME RUSH FORUM!!

I could write about book and no one would read it. Yet my book is on here. LOL!! Killing me.

Nirvana blows Green Filet away!!

PROG ON!

POISON RULES! LOL!

Marillion Rules Entre.

Get "Script" and "Clutching At Straws."

I'm listening to ACCEPT "Breaker." One of the greatest metal albums on the planet.

I am an "American Idiot!"

GREEN DAY IS GARBAGE!

"Soylent Green is people!!!

You know that's were this local poser band got there name right?

Signed,

Charlton Heston

Hahaha!

Now you are typing.

I read Pat's response and Mick's. Silly really. Melodic guitar synth prog rules, yet humans on here hate Neo Prog and love RUSH????

I bet many people on here hate Camel too. One of the greatest bands from the UK ever.

Sorry.

I grew up with Nirvana and that shite poser band Greed Day. I can't stand them. Poser Punk.

I saw Nirvana live. They were like The Who smashing all of their instruments on stage. Cow Palace. It was Epic.

I could write about book and no one would read it. Yet my book is on here. LOL!! Killing me.

PROG ON!

POISON RULES! LOL!

Dude, Camel is awesome. I have Moonmadness on vinyl, got it for 15 euro or something at a giant Roman open air flea market along with a 5 euro copy of Electric Landyland!

• Like 1

Oh good Entre it's your poll.

Sorry for hijacking. But I know you are cool about it.

Some on here are more uptight than the "Counterparts" album cover and complain. LOL!!!!!!!

If the screw turns into the nut then enjoy it. Hahaha!

RUSH RULES!!!

• Like 1

Hahaha!

Now you are typing.

Sorry.

PROG ON!

POISON RULES! LOL!

Dude, Camel is awesome. I have Moonmadness on vinyl, got it for 15 euro or something at a giant Roman open air flea market along with a 5 euro copy of Electric Landyland!

Dude!

Don't take this the wrong way in such a wacky world now! I LOVE YOU!!!!

You get me!!!!

If I was rich I would fly you out to the Neil Peart Tribute Concert. It's the thought that counts. If I didn't have alimony up my ass I could. LOL!

Sorry, you know me my young friend.

No filter.

The Rush Forum is my second home. Regardless of who I piss off. I don't care. Mostly there is love here.

RUSH RULES!

Andrew Latimer is one of the greatest guitar players on the planet.

• Like 1

Hahaha!

Now you are typing.

Sorry.

PROG ON!

POISON RULES! LOL!

Dude!

You get me!!!!

If I was rich I would fly you out to the Neil Peart Tribute Concert. It's the thought that counts. If I didn't have alimony up my ass I could. LOL!

No filter.

The Rush Forum is my second home. Regardless of who I piss off. I don't care. Mostly there is love here.

RUSH RULES!

If I had time I'd find money to go to this tribute concert. Pretty sure it's during my little sister's graduation, lol.

• Like 1

Some on here are more uptight than the "Counterparts" album cover and complain. LOL!!!!!!!

RUSH RULES!!!

Some hijacks are annoying, other's are yours, and yours are always a riot. :)

• Like 1

Hahaha!

Now you are typing.

Sorry.

PROG ON!

POISON RULES! LOL!

Dude!

You get me!!!!

No filter.

RUSH RULES!

If I had time I'd find money to go to this tribute concert. Pretty sure it's during my little sister's graduation, lol.

Hahaha! I can't believe you, me and Becky all have graduations in the middle of May but I get it.

I just told Zoe before she went to bed that I will be watching her walk in cap and gown and then I will be going to the airport at 9 pm to fly to YYZ to see the Neil Tribute.

Zo just laughed at me and said..... "Of course daddy, I knew you would find a way to go see that Neil Concert."

She is so amazing. Almost 23 dude. Already a certified strength and conditioning coach. 4.0 student. Honors.

Probably the milkman's, No wonder I'm divorced after 19 years of marriage. LOL! Just kidding.

All good! I am a lucky guy. As ELP would say a "Lucky Man." "It is what it is and whatever!" NEIL RULES!

Cheers to you my friend.

• Like 1

RUSH RULES!!!

Some hijacks are annoying, other's are yours, and yours are always a riot. :)

Hahahaha!!! You are awesome, and I will always have your back. We just have fun on here and talk about rock and roll. That's what it's always been for me, but some humans on here can't stand my over the top opinions. It's all good. I will never change.

I LOVE RIOT!!!!

Do you own any RIOT? You must get "FIRE DOWN UNDER!" One of the greatest metal albums on the Earth and Pat thinks I'm a pussy. What? Well I am what I eat I guess.. Sorry! See bad taste. Pun intended. LOL! I'm so bad. lol

RIOT RULES!

SIgned,

"SWORDS AND TEQUILA"

GET IT

• Like 1