Deep 80's Commercial Prog Poll Time! "Emerson Lake & Powell" Vs. "Emerson Berry & Palmer" 3!

RUSHHEAD666

ELP? EBP? APB? I should be arrested for this Pussy Prog Poll!   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which 80's Pop Prog Record Do You Love The Most????

• ELP "Emerson Lake & Powell"
    • EBP "Emerson Berry & Palmer"
    • None Of This Shite. Give me the first ASIA album.

Listening to five albums tonight.

So here is my motivation for a few polls tonight.

3 "To The Power Of Three"

Emerson Lake & Powell

ASIA "Astra"

ASIA "Alpha"

ASIA S/T

in that order.

"The Locomotion" is just a horrific song period. Thanks Little Eva.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I actually knew Emerson, Lake, and Powell before I'd heard of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (because I was just then beginning to expand beyond things I was hearing at the moment) and I always liked "Touch and Go." It's still in my playlist. I remember learning how loud my new boombox would get (pretty loud -- and then it would shake and the sound get crappy) listening to that song.

And "Mars, Bringer of War" was pretty cool -- I also still remember the look my dad gave me when I played it for him and described it as a "new song."

• Like 1

Asia, Asia, Asia - can't get enough of that band. They have a permanent place in my playlists. Heavy rotation.

Ride Easy.

Heat of the Moment.

Wildest Dreams.

Go.

Too Late.

Daylight.

Lying To Yourself.

Voice of America.

Midnight Sun.

The Heat Goes On.

I Will Be There For You.

• Like 2

Asia, Asia, Asia - can't get enough of that band. They have a permanent place in my playlists. Heavy rotation.

Ride Easy.

Heat of the Moment.

Wildest Dreams.

Go.

Too Late.

Daylight.

Lying To Yourself.

Voice of America.

Midnight Sun.

The Heat Goes On.

I Will Be There For You.

Hahaha! "I Love You Man!" ASIA RULES!!!

• Like 1

I actually knew Emerson, Lake, and Powell before I'd heard of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (because I was just then beginning to expand beyond things I was hearing at the moment) and I always liked "Touch and Go." It's still in my playlist. I remember learning how loud my new boombox would get (pretty loud -- and then it would shake and the sound get crappy) listening to that song.

And "Mars, Bringer of War" was pretty cool -- I also still remember the look my dad gave me when I played it for him and described it as a "new song."

That is awesome my friend! I loved "Touch And Go" on MTV when I was kid, but it was a weird wonderful childhood for me. Prog, I mean Prof, I mean probably why I'm so messed up and decided to marry the music and divorce my wife.

My dad back in the Seventies knew some record producer. He came over one night to our house and gave my dad like 500 vinyl records.

I can't believe this memory has sparked my mind. I think the guy was from CBS but he gave my parents so much free vinyl.

My parents didn't care though.

I was like hmmmmm, so much artwork and music to explore!! This was way before I fell in love with RUSH in 1981. Should have been 1980, because my buddies told me to buy "Permanent Waves" on cassette. The album cover didn't look like hard rock or metal. So even at 12 years old I passed. Foolish mortal. LOL!

So I was listening to all of these records when I was 9, 10 and 11.

I remember finding "Brain Salad Surgery" when I was 10 in that collection. I couldn't understand how to open up the record. It was like trying to open up the box in "Hellraiser." HAHAHA! I love H.R. Giger more. "ALIEN" of course!!

Guys, I am just brainstorming. Just a Analog Kid, not caring about homework or girls. It was all about the music. Ironically I was married for 20 years and took her to 25 Rush shows and it was a good hot marriage. But I choose rock and roll. She chose kale and a 9:30 pm bed time. No thanks!!

Anyway, I was exploring all of these records my dad got for free. Another one was Herb Alpert "Rise." Epic.

But then a year later my neighbors were going out of town for two weeks.

The hired me to take care of their plants, their dog oh and their little pot farm in the backyard.

This was 1982.

Holy Shit you guys and gals. I can't make this shit up. "Heat Of The Moment" just came on my stereo when I typed "This was 1982."

There is a strong connection here regardless of what you were brought up to believe.

But I took of my neighbors house and they had an incredible vinyl collection with a badass stereo system.

No wonder I'm so fuckked up as a human and addicted to music.

I would go across the street to my neighbors house and listen to records for 8 hours.

I would go back home and listen to records for many more albums.

I was already in love with RUSH and Neil's drumming in 1981.

I got my first drum set for Christmas in 1981. It was a white Pearl kit with a pearl finish.

In the summer of 1982, I was already playing to Moving Pictures and my parents knew I was serious

And I was upgraded to a killer maple Gretch kit with an amazing Camco snare.

The rest was history. "Only Time Will Tell."

So here we are in 2020.

What has really changed my friends?

NOT ME! LOL!

I'm just rambling on and on and on. Taking up 73's bandwidth.

Hey, I may be labeled an asshole, a jerk, a loud mouth CAPS ON dumbass, but hey at least when I am dead and gone, my story will be on The Rush Forum.

I'm the SOLE SURVIVOR. LOL! Timing is everything.

Music is IT.

We all have our own passions and loves.

Sorry Pat, I HATE DEATH METAL!

YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!

I love melody in my music.

GREP!

"ASTRA" RULES!"

What thread is this?? LOL! Hope it's mine.

It is my thread and it's a dead thread. I knew it would sink below "The Abyss."

Good movie. lol

RUSH ON!

NEIL ELLWOOD PEART RULES!

• Like 1

I'll take everything listed and all of the Asia albums up to Live in Moscow and Live in Birmingham (and then the Asia Reunion studio and live albums.)

Emerson, Lake and Palmer's Black Moon would be my least favorite from that list.

• Like 1

Emerson Lake & Powell

ASIA "Astra"

ASIA "Alpha"

ASIA S/T

in that order.

f76a134e66480bc344f966d1a31f75ba.jpg

That is awesome my friend! I loved "Touch And Go" on MTV when I was kid, but it was a weird wonderful childhood for me. Prog, I mean Prof, I mean probably why I'm so messed up and decided to marry the music and divorce my wife.

My dad back in the Seventies knew some record producer. He came over one night to our house and gave my dad like 500 vinyl records.

I can't believe this memory has sparked my mind. I think the guy was from CBS but he gave my parents so much free vinyl.

My parents didn't care though.

I was like hmmmmm, so much artwork and music to explore!! This was way before I fell in love with RUSH in 1981. Should have been 1980, because my buddies told me to buy "Permanent Waves" on cassette. The album cover didn't look like hard rock or metal. So even at 12 years old I passed. Foolish mortal. LOL!

So I was listening to all of these records when I was 9, 10 and 11.

I remember finding "Brain Salad Surgery" when I was 10 in that collection. I couldn't understand how to open up the record. It was like trying to open up the box in "Hellraiser." HAHAHA! I love H.R. Giger more. "ALIEN" of course!!

Guys, I am just brainstorming. Just a Analog Kid, not caring about homework or girls. It was all about the music. Ironically I was married for 20 years and took her to 25 Rush shows and it was a good hot marriage. But I choose rock and roll. She chose kale and a 9:30 pm bed time. No thanks!!

Anyway, I was exploring all of these records my dad got for free. Another one was Herb Alpert "Rise." Epic.

But then a year later my neighbors were going out of town for two weeks.

The hired me to take care of their plants, their dog oh and their little pot farm in the backyard.

This was 1982.

Holy Shit you guys and gals. I can't make this shit up. "Heat Of The Moment" just came on my stereo when I typed "This was 1982."

There is a strong connection here regardless of what you were brought up to believe.

But I took of my neighbors house and they had an incredible vinyl collection with a badass stereo system.

No wonder I'm so fuckked up as a human and addicted to music.

I would go across the street to my neighbors house and listen to records for 8 hours.

I would go back home and listen to records for many more albums.

I was already in love with RUSH and Neil's drumming in 1981.

I got my first drum set for Christmas in 1981. It was a white Pearl kit with a pearl finish.

In the summer of 1982, I was already playing to Moving Pictures and my parents knew I was serious

And I was upgraded to a killer maple Gretch kit with an amazing Camco snare.

The rest was history. "Only Time Will Tell."

So here we are in 2020.

What has really changed my friends?

NOT ME! LOL!

I'm just rambling on and on and on. Taking up 73's bandwidth.

Hey, I may be labeled an asshole, a jerk, a loud mouth CAPS ON dumbass, but hey at least when I am dead and gone, my story will be on The Rush Forum.

I'm the SOLE SURVIVOR. LOL! Timing is everything.

Music is IT.

We all have our own passions and loves.

Sorry Pat, I HATE DEATH METAL!

YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!!

I love melody in my music.

GREP!

"ASTRA" RULES!"

What thread is this?? LOL! Hope it's mine.

It is my thread and it's a dead thread. I knew it would sink below "The Abyss."

Good movie. lol

RUSH ON!

NEIL ELLWOOD PEART RULES!

the-biggest-cats-in-the-world.jpg

Emerson Lake & Powell

ASIA "Astra"

ASIA "Alpha"

ASIA S/T

in that order.

e2ff1060c1509351c57c4ca28ee0a8a7.jpg