2019-20 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Sweden is all go June 1st. No testing of players unless they're really feeling sick. My question is, why they had to wait so long, since their country was always more 'open' economic wise than others.

Sweden is all go June 1st. No testing of players unless they're really feeling sick. My question is, why they had to wait so long, since their country was always more 'open' economic wise than others.

Maybe somebody realizes that an open cafe is one thing, but twenty-two guys trading sweat and breath is another . . . Are they going to allow fans?

Maybe somebody realizes that an open cafe is one thing, but twenty-two guys trading sweat and breath is another . . . Are they going to allow fans?

They have this five stage thing, with the last one allowing for fans to watch games. They're at stage three right now. But the Government is letting people to gather in a number of no more than 50. That's just about what you need to play a soccer game.

I thought the Bundesliga estimated you needed something like 200 people, by the time you factored in all the staff, etc.

Let's hope it all goes well!

I know they have a thought about cutting down on the number of ball boys during a game...and no VAR. :scared:

Solid Bundesliga action this morning!

Haaland scores again, Schalke was unwatchable. No contact between players after a goal threw me off a bit a couple of times, thinking it was an off-side play. Looking forward to Bayern-Union Berlin tomorrow.
  • Like 1

I'll have to figure out who I'm rooting for.

I suppose I could watch and just let my emotions choose, but I could wind up supporting some fascists or a Red Bull team! I know it can't be Bayern; Dortmund makes the most sense.

I'll have to figure out who I'm rooting for.

I suppose I could watch and just let my emotions choose, but I could wind up supporting some fascists or a Red Bull team! I know it can't be Bayern; Dortmund makes the most sense.

I'm afraid I'll have to go with Lewandowski over Haaland. ;)

Nativism!

Haaland, though, will be scoring goals for the next ten years (maybe even for the 'pool!), and Lewandoski is . . . well, not "old" exactly . . . .

Lewandowski is 32, he can still go for a while. I'm hoping he gets another scoring title in the Bundesliga. Haaland is amazing. I'm sure goalkeepers that will play at the next Euro would not want Norway to qualify for the tournament.

The season's over in Scotland. Celtic "wins" the title yet again. Rangers not happy, saying they have a game in hand on Celtic, with two more matches against their rivals. On the other hand, the difference between the two teams is 13 points...
  • Like 1

The season's over in Scotland. Celtic "wins" the title yet again. Rangers not happy, saying they have a game in hand on Celtic, with two more matches against their rivals. On the other hand, the difference between the two teams is 13 points...

Yeah, maybe they should stick to the fitba, and leave the maths to others . . .

Haaland limps off!

Bayern wins, but do you think Haaland's shot in the second half could've been called a penalty after Alaba's arm deflection in the area?

Haaland limps off!

Bayern wins, but do you think Haaland's shot in the second half could've been called a penalty after Alaba's arm deflection in the area?

As the cliche goes, "I've seen 'em called," but I'm usually trying to err on the "no penalty" side. I still don't think the rule is very clear (or maybe that's just the Premier League?).

Haaland limps off!

As the cliche goes, "I've seen 'em called," but I'm usually trying to err on the "no penalty" side. I still don't think the rule is very clear (or maybe that's just the Premier League?).

I thought the rule is that if the ball is heading on target and is stopped or deflected by a defender, with the use of his arm in the penalty area, intentional or not, "elf meter" should be called. Edited by blackhawkrush