blueschica

Well, Earl or someone said this subform was kind of dead so here is a pic of Alex to liven it up! He looks pretty good, I think! The photo and post are from Jeff Berlin, a bassist that does a project called Jeff Berlin plays Jack Bruce.

Alex and Geddy have kept pretty busy since "retirement" with different projects that show their ongoing love of music and its creative process. I wonder if Neil ever feels anything similar; I would think it would be difficult to quit a process that has been in your blood for so long.

"Alex Lifeson is an old friend for years. He did me the honor of recording his guitar on one of my Jack Bruce tunes, then had this picture snapped just after wrapping up recording." Jeff Berlin

BXlhjp4h.jpg

You Rock Chica!

It's kind of ironic that most of the posters on this forum who actually get me and understand me are women.

Minus Eagle Mood, I mean Moon... I mean I'm In The Mood.

LOL!

Love ya Chica!

And to All The Women I've Loved Before! Glad it's a short list!

I prefer "Women And Children First."

Love,

VAN HALEN

• Like 2

Everyone is bald underneath their hair. Neil has a very receded hairline, but he has hair on top still, and he cuts it super short before tour. He has explained why the silly kufi before, and it had something to do originally with wanting to replace the baseball cap he wore under his headphones with something more comfortable/without a brim, if I recall correctly. He usually only wears it when drumming, like part of the uniform. Tshirt, kufi, something to prevent kick pedal beater from getting caught in pant leg. Anyhoodles, going off topic as usual. Big Al, looks pretty relaxed. That black LP custom though...(drool).
  • Like 1

Alex has his 'Vapor Trails' goatee era look back it appears.

Why wasn't Geddy asked to do the Jack Bruce tribute? After all he's one of Geddy's biggest bass heroes.

Then I realized that it's Jeff Berlin playing all the bass parts on this project of course.

A mid 80's photo of Alex and Allan Holdsworth here.

Check out the rest of the musicians Holdsworth is with here and here.

When this was announced a few years back, I'd have bet money Geddy was going to be involved in some capacity since I figure Jeff was going to do something similar to what Neil did with Buddy Rich and use an ensemble of bass players but I guess Jeff didn't want to do that for some reason.

I think there's going to be a live tribute for this at some point and no doubt Alex is going to be a part of it. Maybe at that point Geddy would be too depending on how the gig is structured.

• Like 1

Everyone is bald underneath their hair. Neil has a very receded hairline, but he has hair on top still, and he cuts it super short before tour. He has explained why the silly kufi before, and it had something to do originally with wanting to replace the baseball cap he wore under his headphones with something more comfortable/without a brim, if I recall correctly. He usually only wears it when drumming, like part of the uniform. Tshirt, kufi, something to prevent kick pedal beater from getting caught in pant leg. Anyhoodles, going off topic as usual. Big Al, looks pretty relaxed. That black LP custom though...(drool).

Even with a receded hairline he’s aged pretty well. He’s still good looking and besides his chronic tendinitis he seems to be doing well.

• Like 1