The RUSH KISS Konnection Kontinues! Neil Peart And Eric Carr In The Eighties: Crazy Crazy Nights Under Pressure!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm posting this thread in the RUSH Section because duhhhhhh

It't obvious that KISS really helped put RUSH on the map back in the 70's.

Thank you Gene and Paul! All of you Rush Fruits who bash KISS can well "KISS MY ASS!" LOL! Just press the back button on your lame ass computer.

This thread is for real Rush and KISS fans for all of my friends on here who get my shite.

I just watched an Eric Carr DVD tonight. It was incredible and so sad yet enlightening.

It's called "The Eric Carr Story."

I learned so much tonight. Oh and yes, the "Tears Are Falling."

Anyway I won't blather on about how amazing Eric I mean "Paul" was to the rock world.

Glad Gene Paul and Ace found him.

Eric's parents by the way are amazing.

Ok,

So my pointless point of point.

I saw the "Asylum" Tour in 1985. WASP opened.

It was at the Cow Palace.

I loved the show but Paul Stanley bitched about it being half empty. I will never forget it.

BUT!

Then I saw Eric Carr do a fuckking drum solo that blew my young 16 year old mind!

A huge red kit with red SIMMONS pads above.

It was truly beyond beyond.

Well?

Kind of funny that back in 1984 Neil had the red Tama kit with red SIMMONS Pads behind him.

Again, I was a lucky young lad and saw that gig at the Cow Palace. I was shoved into the barrier under Geddy. Long story but even then I had the fuckking balls to go for it and "RUSH THE STAGE!"

So now.

At the end of the Eric Carr DVD they show some footage of Eric doing a drum solo on a huge black kit with Japanese writing on all of the toms.

I'm thinking it's 1987 or 1988. Not sure. I never saw anymore Eric Carr KISS after the "Asylum" Tour.

BUT!

My point!

"A Show Of Hands" was also around 1987 1988.

Neil and Eric both had white SIMMONS Pads on their drum kits!

Of course this is pure Koincidence

But hey it is what it is.

Eric and Neil both used red Simmons pads.

Eric and Neil both had white Simmons pads.

Call me crazy. Call me whatever but man I loved how Eric like Neil would use the electronic pads to add musical notes or tones to enhance the drum solo experience.

Watching Eric do his monster drum solo while hitting his white SIMMONS drum pads above his head to had flavor and music to his vibe was incredible.

Just as I have been totally brainwashed and in love with Neil's electronic technique throughout his illustrious career.

I know you Rush Fanfruit bois who hate KISS will hopefully just put me on ignore after this thread.

Don't Tread On Me.

I see a serious drummer connection.

We all have the freedom to express how we think and feel.

So fukk it man.

Eric Carr is I mean was soooooooooo underrated.

I see the Neil Peart Eric Carr connection.

I love in the video.

Buddy Rich says that drummers always take the backseat regardless of fame and fortune.

Listen up young mortals.

Buddy Rich actually played drums for Frank Sinatra.

Oh and yep it was always about Frank.

Well, same thing with Eric Carr.

Always in the backseat while Gene and Paul got all the dare I say "Limelight."

Fukk it.

If you can't roll with me, then just don't "Roll The Bones" and take your chances. "Ghost Of A Chance." Dabble and dash for a rock and roll romance.

Because one day it will all be over.

Eric Carr had it made and his life was still cut short.

Time for me to sign off this forum.

Time for me to pour a nice glass of port.

Eric Carr blew Mike "Port"annoy away.

Bigger drums and a bigger heart.

Eric was a sweetheart of a man. RIP!!!

Remember Analog Kids.

Be nice.

Perhaps one day you too will grow up to be Digital Men......

And women........

Peace Out!

KISS AND RUSH FOREVER!

• Like 1

Were Eric and Neil ever photographed together in the same place? You don't think.....

Stranger things have happened. It was confirmed by 23 and Me DNA testing last year thar Blackie Lawless is also Ann Wilson.

• Like 1

Is that dvd on youtube?

I don't know my brother! I found it today at Rasputin's my used record store for 6 USD!!!! A STEAL!

I can't believe I've never seen it before!!! It brought me to tears!

Hope you can find it on YouTube!

Were Eric and Neil ever photographed together in the same place? You don't think.....

Stranger things have happened. It was confirmed by 23 and Me DNA testing last year thar Blackie Lawless is also Ann Wilson.

HAHAHA!!!

Classic Ed!

I have a real story for ya.

Stewart Copeland was backstage after a Rush show to meet Neil. This was back in the early 80's of course since Rush did rip off that Police sound.

So, Stewart was chilling backstage.

After Rush was done with their gig Neil walked right by Stew and totally ignored him.

Grabbed a towel and ran to his "Magic Bus."

HAHAHA!!!

Classic Ed!

Stewart Copeland was backstage after a Rush show to meet Neil. This was back in the early 80's of course since Rush did rip off that Police sound.

After Rush was done with their gig Neil walked right by Stew and totally ignored him.

Who knew Neil could ever be suck a dick? :o
  • Like 2

Not a dick probably—just a little oblivious I’m thinking.

Before I discovered Rush (age 14) and demanded to be allowed to bring a drum kit home, I first decided I wanted to play drums when I heard the solo on KISS Alive. I also wanted to pkay lead guitar and sing, but at age 9 I first tried plying my parents to let me play drums, and got shut down right away. Hearing all the Rush/KISS tour stories as they trickled out was like a “duh” moment for me later on—I didn’t even know they had toured together, and Peter Criss and Ace were coming out with these “my fondest memories of touring with KISS were hanging out with Rush” stories. So yeah there’s a deep thread tying those things together for me too—I might never have been inspired to be a drummer or make any music, and the last 35 years or so would have been completely different for me. I sort of grew out of KISS for a long time though, starting just before Peter and Ace were officially out, so I never really got into Eric Carr.

About those Simmons....everybody was starting to use them in the 80s once synth pop started happening, and before that a lot of prog guys used either earlier Simmons efforts or electro harmonix syn-drums or both. They were only available in black, white, red or yellow by the time they were the classic octagonal plastic-polyhedron-backed rubber surface pads. So aside from Bill Bruford, who had played on a completely yellow album, and had a bass player playing a yellow bass for half the show, everybody was choosing from 3 colors really with no custom options. If you want people to see them well, black is probably a bad option too. So now you’re down to red or white. The pads I eventually got were red—still have my SDS9 kit from 1985 or 6.

Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 2

Thank you Gene and Paul! All of you Rush Fruits who bash KISS can well "KISS MY ASS!" LOL! Just press the back button on your lame ass computer.

This thread is for real Rush and KISS fans for all of my friends on here who get my shite.

I just watched an Eric Carr DVD tonight. It was incredible and so sad yet enlightening.

Anyway I won't blather on about how amazing Eric I mean "Paul" was to the rock world.

Ok,

I loved the show but Paul Stanley bitched about it being half empty. I will never forget it.

BUT!

Then I saw Eric Carr do a fuckking drum solo that blew my young 16 year old mind!

Well?

Kind of funny that back in 1984 Neil had the red Tama kit with red SIMMONS Pads behind him.

Again, I was a lucky young lad and saw that gig at the Cow Palace. I was shoved into the barrier under Geddy. Long story but even then I had the fuckking balls to go for it and "RUSH THE STAGE!"

So now.

At the end of the Eric Carr DVD they show some footage of Eric doing a drum solo on a huge black kit with Japanese writing on all of the toms.

I'm thinking it's 1987 or 1988. Not sure. I never saw anymore Eric Carr KISS after the "Asylum" Tour.

BUT!

My point!

Call me crazy. Call me whatever but man I loved how Eric like Neil would use the electronic pads to add musical notes or tones to enhance the drum solo experience.

Watching Eric do his monster drum solo while hitting his white SIMMONS drum pads above his head to had flavor and music to his vibe was incredible.

Just as I have been totally brainwashed and in love with Neil's electronic technique throughout his illustrious career.

I know you Rush Fanfruit bois who hate KISS will hopefully just put me on ignore after this thread.

Don't Tread On Me.

So fukk it man.

I love in the video.

Buddy Rich says that drummers always take the backseat regardless of fame and fortune.

Listen up young mortals.

Fukk it.

If you can't roll with me, then just don't "Roll The Bones" and take your chances. "Ghost Of A Chance." Dabble and dash for a rock and roll romance.

Remember Analog Kids.

Be nice.

And women........

Peace Out!

KISS AND RUSH FOREVER!

"In the constellation of Cygnus there lurks a mysterious, invisible force...The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1...

.....All who dare to cross her course are swallowed by a fearsome force.."

Halfway through the OP's post, I horrifyingly realized that I was being swallowed by y y y y y y y y....... :wacko:

Edited by tks95747
  • Like 1

Not a dick probably—just a little oblivious I’m thinking.

Before I discovered Rush (age 14) and demanded to be allowed to bring a drum kit home, I first decided I wanted to play drums when I heard the solo on KISS Alive. I also wanted to pkay lead guitar and sing, but at age 9 I first tried plying my parents to let me play drums, and got shut down right away. Hearing all the Rush/KISS tour stories as they trickled out was like a “duh” moment for me later on—I didn’t even know they had toured together, and Peter Criss and Ace were coming out with these “my fondest memories of touring with KISS were hanging out with Rush” stories. So yeah there’s a deep thread tying those things together for me too—I might never have been inspired to be a drummer or make any music, and the last 35 years or so would have been completely different for me. I sort of grew out of KISS for a long time though, starting just before Peter and Ace were officially out, so I never really got into Eric Carr.

About those Simmons....everybody was starting to use them in the 80s once synth pop started happening, and before that a lot of prog guys used either earlier Simmons efforts or electro harmonix syn-drums or both. They were only available in black, white, red or yellow by the time they were the classic octagonal plastic-polyhedron-backed rubber surface pads. So aside from Bill Bruford, who had played on a completely yellow album, and had a bass player playing a yellow bass for half the show, everybody was choosing from 3 colors really with no custom options. If you want people to see them well, black is probably a bad option too. So now you’re down to red or white. The pads I eventually got were red—still have my SDS9 kit from 1985 or 6.

Not oblivious probably—just a dick I’m thinking.

HAHAHA!!!

Classic Ed!

Hahahaha! I've heard rumors that Neil could suck a dick back in the 80's but is was all just rumors. Like Neil trying out for The Who and leaving Rush after Keith passed!

I remember some very raunchy threads on here about Neil's sexuality. I think there are pics on here of him in bondage Neil is "Nobody's Hero."

• Like 1

HAHAHA!!!

Classic Ed!

Hahahaha! I've heard rumors that Neil could suck a dick back in the 80's but is was all just rumors. Like Neil trying out for The Who and leaving Rush after Keith passed!

I remember some very raunchy threads on here about Neil's sexuality. I think there are pics on here of him in bondage Neil is "Nobody's Hero."

LMFAO :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Ok,

BUT!

Well?

So now.

BUT!

My point!

Don't Tread On Me.

So fukk it man.

I love in the video.

Listen up young mortals.

Fukk it.

Remember Analog Kids.

Be nice.

And women........

Peace Out!

KISS AND RUSH FOREVER!

"In the constellation of Cygnus there lurks a mysterious, invisible force...The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1...

Halfway through the OP's post, I horrifyingly realized that I was being swallowed by y y y y y y y y....... :wacko:

Hahahahaha! Wow! Classic post! I'm not an OP though. I'm an OG baby! ORIGINAL GANGSTA! I don't OD on Rush music, I OG on RUN DMC! OVER GOLD!

Love,

'I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!"

• Like 1

Ok,

BUT!

Well?

So now.

BUT!

My point!

Don't Tread On Me.

So fukk it man.

I love in the video.

Listen up young mortals.

Fukk it.

Remember Analog Kids.

Be nice.

And women........

Peace Out!

KISS AND RUSH FOREVER!

Hahahahaha! Wow! Classic post! I'm not an OP though. I'm an OG baby! ORIGINAL GANGSTA! I don't OD on Rush music, I OG on RUN DMC! OVER GOLD!

Love,

This entire post is awesome... I'm literally in tears :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

Ok,

BUT!

Well?

So now.

BUT!

My point!

Don't Tread On Me.

So fukk it man.

I love in the video.

Listen up young mortals.

Fukk it.

Remember Analog Kids.

Be nice.

And women........

Peace Out!

KISS AND RUSH FOREVER!

Love,

This entire post is awesome... I'm literally in tears :laughing guy:

Hahaha!

Thank you my new friend for getting my forum persona! It's "The Real Me!"

Signed,

You know "WHO!"

• Like 1

After a Rush concert, with Neil, walking by Stewart, and not saying anything to him, maybe, he wasn't thinking too much about saying a hi, to Stewart, because he would've had to get cleaned up, and if Stewart, said hi, to Neil, first, then he would say the same thing back to him. Edited by Derek19

After a Rush concert, with Neil, walking by Stewart, and not saying anything to him, maybe, he wasn't thinking too much about saying a hi, to Stewart, because he would've had to get cleaned up, and if Stewart, said hi, to Neil, first, then he would say the same thing back to him.

It is a bit disingenuous for you to suggest that it was no big deal for Neil to walk by Stewart Copeland without saying hi. Stew was backstage to meet Neil and Pratt knew Stew was there to do just that. To not even acknowledge him was insensitive and tactless at best and conceited and pompous at worst... I have never met either of them, but I would bet dimes to donuts that if it were the other way 'round, Stewart would have gone out of his way to make Neil feel welcomed. Pratt is an unparalleled drummer and consummate lyricist (up to the point that he got on his bully-pulpit), however, as a decent human being, he leaves a great deal to be desired.
  • Like 1

After a Rush concert, with Neil, walking by Stewart, and not saying anything to him, maybe, he wasn't thinking too much about saying a hi, to Stewart, because he would've had to get cleaned up, and if Stewart, said hi, to Neil, first, then he would say the same thing back to him.

It is a bit disingenuous for you to suggest that it was no big deal for Neil to walk by Stewart Copeland without saying hi. Stew was backstage to meet Neil and Pratt knew Stew was there to do just that. To not even acknowledge him was insensitive and tactless at best and conceited and pompous at worst... I have never met either of them, but I would bet dimes to donuts that if it were the other way 'round, Stewart would have gone out of his way to make Neil feel welcomed. Pratt is an unparalleled drummer and consummate lyricist (up to the point that he got on his bully-pulpit), however, as a decent human being, he leaves a great deal to be desired.

Amen brother.

I met Neil by his bus on the Vapor Trails Tour at the Concord Pavilion.

He was saying "hello" "hello" from the pavement near his open bus door.

I turned around thinking he was saying that to me. (yeah right) but I boldly walked right up to him.

Before I could say anything he just was gazing into my deer in headlights eyes. There I was staring at my mortal mentor. As I am nothing in the drumming world I have been playing for 38 years now.

Anyway, all I wanted to say was, "Thanks Neil, I've been playing the drums for over 20 years thanks to you!" Instead I was in a Mexican stand off with Neil. Quickly, like a red faced bloated viper, he slivered his way back onto the bus and closed the door.

Still an epic moment in time for me.

I've told this story on here for years but since you are new and totally cool I figured would share it again.

Shame on Neil for blowing of Stew. Dick move. Typical.

• Like 1

Amen brother.

I turned around thinking he was saying that to me. (yeah right) but I boldly walked right up to him.

Before I could say anything he just was gazing into my deer in headlights eyes. There I was staring at my mortal mentor. As I am nothing in the drumming world I have been playing for 38 years now.

Anyway, all I wanted to say was, "Thanks Neil, I've been playing the drums for over 20 years thanks to you!" Instead I was in a Mexican stand off with Neil. Quickly, like a red faced bloated viper, he slivered his way back onto the bus and closed the door.

I've told this story on here for years but since you are new and totally cool I figured would share it again.

Dang, that is a cool story... Thanks for sharing... I'm sorry your epic moment wasn't even more epic, but hey, how many drummers can say they were in a Mexican standoff with Pratt? You are in a class all your own Earl... It doesn't surprise me tho...I have friends who have been treated the same way and worse at the hands of the Professor... I still think he was an unparalleled, kick-ass, monster on the kit.
  • Like 1

Amen brother.

Dang, that is a cool story... Thanks for sharing... I'm sorry your epic moment wasn't even more epic, but hey, how many drummers can say they were in a Mexican standoff with Pratt? You are in a class all your own Earl... It doesn't surprise me tho...I have friends who have been treated the same way and worse at the hands of the Professor... I still think he was an unparalleled, kick-ass, monster on the kit.

Thank you my new Rush Brother! You are part of my forum family! I've just been lucky to be able to go for it when it comes to rock and roll! Rush has always been my passion since the 7th grade and now here I am still typing about Rush at the age of 51. I will never ever change my friend. Thanks for the kind words. My good friend Lorraine on here always kids around saying that I "broke the mold when I was born." All good. I just keep it real on here my friend even though some think i'm over the top and a jerk. Thanks life, as I can say I am just me.

"I WANNA ROCK!"

Signed,

Twisted Sister

PS: Neil will always be my number one! The brutal mechanic on the monster kit! 360 degrees of pure bliss and eternal glory. Everyday Glory?

Amen brother.

I love how people read into this Stewart Copeland story having no idea that Neil is a huge fan of Stewart Copeland, and that they are friends/hang out and sometimes jam together. Neil writes about his admiration of the guy. But he’s a dick for running right past him. He probably didn’t even see him. I’m about 99% sure from what I’ve seen of the two of them and what they say about each other that if someone had bothered to get word to Neil that the drummer from the Police wanted to meet him, Neil would’ve been the fan boy in that situation, and would have been psyched to talk to him. “Praise from the praiseworthy” was one of the more recent things Neil said about him complimenting the R40 solo. Yeah, what a dick he is...

• Like 1

Amen brother.

I love how people read into this Stewart Copeland story having no idea that Neil is a huge fan of Stewart Copeland, and that they are friends/hang out and sometimes jam together. Neil writes about his admiration of the guy. But he’s a dick for running right past him. He probably didn’t even see him. I’m about 99% sure from what I’ve seen of the two of them and what they say about each other that if someone had bothered to get word to Neil that the drummer from the Police wanted to meet him, Neil would’ve been the fan boy in that situation, and would have been psyched to talk to him. “Praise from the praiseworthy” was one of the more recent things Neil said about him complimenting the R40 solo. Yeah, what a dick he is...

I love how you read into this Stewart Copeland story having NO IDEA exactly what he was thinking at that particular moment. Who's the fanboy ??? LMFAO... Edited by tks95747

I love how much of a dumbass you feel like after slamming me for backing up my speculation with actual information about what the two of them say/said as opposed to your kneejerk reaction that Neil’s a dick based on a rumored incident told second-hand, and what? The fact that he’s uncomfortable around strangers? The fact that after a show he runs straight to his bus without stopping to see which rockstar is there to chat? You think Michael Mosbach is so dumb that he wouldn’t know if a rockstar of that stature was backstage to meet his boss? You still butthurt that Neil is human and aged out of beating the shit out of a drumkit for 3 hours a night? Just don’t like nerds? What is it with you anyway?