Aerosmith: The 70's era albums, which is your favourite?

treeduck

Aerosmith: The 70's era albums, which is your favourite?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which 70's era Aerosmith album do you like the most?

• Aerosmith
    • Get Your Wings
    • Toys in the Attic
    • Rocks
    • Draw the Line
    • Night in the Ruts

I got my answer.

http://youtu.be/qFMUFN-JIdU

How can he still have his voice at his age and others can't?

Do you think that's him singing that part or someone is adding to his voice?

My word, how is he still doing the falsetto part? Of all the singers I've listened to a lot, very few were as self destructive as Joe Perry and him (to be nicknamed the Toxic Twins in the mid 70s, you had to be pushing it)... so this is pretty impressive. Everyone else has aged vocally a lot worse. And I completely forgot how great early Aerosmith were.
  • Like 2

I got my answer.

My word, how is he still doing the falsetto part? Of all the singers I've listened to a lot, very few were as self destructive as Joe Perry and him (to be nicknamed the Toxic Twins in the mid 70s, you had to be pushing it)... so this is pretty impressive. Everyone else has aged vocally a lot worse. And I completely forgot how great early Aerosmith were.

Me too. They really were good.

I watched a documentary on them yesterday. It's amazing Steve and Joe are still alive and have their wits about them

• Like 2

I got my answer.

It does sound like there is some kind of echo effect on his voice when he hits the high notes. But the actual singing sounds like him doing it.

As to why he can still sing like this I couldn't tell you for sure. There's a lot of different factors. He might just be lucky to still have it or maybe he does things that help his voice. Somebody like Geddy really killed his voice because of how he sang back in the 70s. It gave Rush a unique sound but he probably pushed his voice beyond the limits of what it should naturally do and it's likely he did permanent damage to it. Tyler has certainly hit his share of crazy high notes but I have never felt like he wasn't doing anything his voice couldn't do. Just by fully understanding what their voice can and can't do makes a singer that much better.

• Like 2

I got my answer.

It does sound like there is some kind of echo effect on his voice when he hits the high notes. But the actual singing sounds like him doing it.

As to why he can still sing like this I couldn't tell you for sure. There's a lot of different factors. He might just be lucky to still have it or maybe he does things that help his voice. Somebody like Geddy really killed his voice because of how he sang back in the 70s. It gave Rush a unique sound but he probably pushed his voice beyond the limits of what it should naturally do and it's likely he did permanent damage to it. Tyler has certainly hit his share of crazy high notes but I have never felt like he wasn't doing anything his voice couldn't do. Just by fully understanding what their voice can and can't do makes a singer that much better.

According to what I read about him the other day, it said he has a naturally wide vocal range, kind of like what ReRushed said about Daryl Hall. Whether that is true of Steven Tyler as well, I do not know, but I do find it amazing that a man his age, who toured as much, if not more, than Rush ever did, can still sing in today the way he sang in 1978. Geddy was alright until he had that throat infection and continued touring in spite of it. I guess it could be said that he sacrificed his voice rather disappoint Rush fans by cancelling concerts.