Damn

LyndseyG

Hi Lyndsey, I do know what you are going through. I don't really know where strength comes from in times like these, but I think what you are doing here is a good thing. The support of people, even when they don't know what to say, is meaningful. People are thinking of you.

Thank you Toymaker. :hug2:

• Like 2

Strength, prayers, hugs, and purrs being sent to you and your family. :heart:

Thank you Babycat. :hug2:

• Like 1

And so it gets worse.

Mum has been taken into hospital. She has suffered a mini stroke.

They are keeping her in. They are giving her aspirin, but not warfarin just yet because they want to check for blood clots.

I am going to call the hospital tomorrow to see if we can visit.

And so it gets worse.

Mum has been taken into hospital. She has suffered a mini stroke.

They are keeping her in. They are giving her aspirin, but not warfarin just yet because they want to check for blood clots.

I am going to call the hospital tomorrow to see if we can visit.

:hug2: :hug2: I'm sorry to hear this- sending positive energy to you and your mom. :heart:

• Like 2

Update on mum:

We believe this was caused by the cancer. Apparently people with late stage cancers are at higher risk of stroke.

She has had a CT scan and will be having an MRI.

There is a chance she could have a full stroke. Time will tell.

We visited her this afternoon. She has regained the use of her left arm but the left side of her face has dropped a little.

She is very tired because the monitor by her bed is keeping her awake. She isn't as sparkly as she normally would be.

All in all she is better than she was one Friday.

We were a bit apprehensive before we saw her but came away feeling fairly reassured.

• Like 2

Update on mum:

We believe this was caused by the cancer. Apparently people with late stage cancers are at higher risk of stroke.

We visited her this afternoon. She has regained the use of her left arm but the left side of her face has dropped a little.

She is very tired because the monitor by her bed is keeping her awake. She isn't as sparkly as she normally would be.

We were a bit apprehensive before we saw her but came away feeling fairly reassured.

:hug2: :angel:

• Like 1

Update on mum:

More Power to you folks!

fwPKumS.gif

• Like 1

Update on my mum:

They did the MRI and it turns out that she didn't have a mini stroke. She had a moderate full stroke. They were having a meeting to discuss her care.

Lyndsey, so sorry to hear about what's going on. Having that constant worry and stress takes a real toll.

And the little things compound it, don't they - the incessant beeping that seems to take nurses forever to attend to. The thing that many patients need the most - good rest - is almost impossible to get in a hospital.

I really hope that your mom is able to get some rest and good care, and that she is comfortable. Sending thoughts of strength for all of you, as I'm sure all of us are.

When you get a chance, check back in and let us know how things are going.

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom and the stroke diagnosis, Lyndsey. :hug2: :hug2: Now that the Drs. have an accurate idea of what is going on I hope they can bring comfort and healing to her. I'll have you and your family in my thoughts. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Update:

Mum has been discharged today. She will have Enabler Carers and saw an Early Support discharge team when she got home.

Carers will come twice a day. Initially for 6 weeks but will stay on for longer if needed.

Support Team are therapists.

Mum can't use her mobility scooter as she still has weakness on her left side.

According to my sisters she is pleased to be home.

The next few days will tell how she gets on at home.

• Like 1

Update:

Mum has been discharged today. She will have Enabler Carers and saw an Early Support discharge team when she got home.

Carers will come twice a day. Initially for 6 weeks but will stay on for longer if needed.

I'm glad to hear she's back at home! I hope her troubles are few, and she gets on well! Love you folks!

guKkFtM.gif

• Like 1

Update:

I'm glad to hear she's back at home! I hope her troubles are few, and she gets on well! Love you folks!

guKkFtM.gif

Thank you! Love you too!

• Like 1

Visited mum at home today.

She is still pretty frail obviously but her speech has improved a little And she seemed more chatty.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear this Lindsey. My mother in law had a stroke about 10 years ago. Other than some language difficulties, she's recovered fully and still lives on her own at 87. So there is hope for recovery.
  • Like 2