Mark E Smith RIP

Lurkst

I've never heard of The Fall before, what type of music do they make??

Rip thou, condolences to all of Marks family, friends, fellow band mates, n acquaintances.

Punk, post-punk, new wave.

OMG I have to check them out now!! Those music genres are my shit atm. :heart:

Aye I know.

I've never heard of The Fall before, what type of music do they make??

Rip thou, condolences to all of Marks family, friends, fellow band mates, n acquaintances.

Punk, post-punk, new wave.

OMG I have to check them out now!! Those music genres are my shit atm. :heart:

Aye I know.

Yep mate!! :) :)

“You don’t have to be weird to be wired...you don’t have to be weird to be weird.” - MES

Mark E Smith wasn’t Damo Suzuki, despite singing about him. He was his own thing, although influenced by Damo, drugs, writers, England, and alcohol.

He was totally wired, he wrote Elastic Man, he was kurious oranj, he liked megaphones and declaiming things thru them, and he wrote great words.

He was Mark E Smith, and the world is a more stunted place without him.

• Like 1

Really loved The Fall back in the day. Have continued to pay attention through the years even if I didn't have the earlier passion. Got to see them in the late '80s in D.C. at the old 9:30 Club and Brix Smith gave me a swig of wine from the bottle she was drinking from after the show (the 9:30 Club was as much a hang-out bar as it was a concert venue and some bands would join the fun after the show). Fun times. Anyway, this one has always been my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxDq5KKNVbA

p.s. Rush and The Fall share a weird affinity in a sense. Where Rush is "The World's Biggest Cult Band" The Fall is "The Biggest Band that Never Made it Big." They are also two of the most prolific bands ever. RIP Mark.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 2