POLL: Ozzy albums with Randy?

Texas King

POLL: Ozzy albums with Randy?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Blizzard or Diary?

• Blizzard of Ozz
    • Diary of a Madman

I remember when I first heard Forever (Journey to the Centre of Eternity). My mate had bought the album before me and was all secretive about it until he was ready to unleash it on the stereo. And that was the side he played and the first track I heard (apart from Bark at the Moon which I'd seen on Top of the Pops). Anyway it was EPIC! And with that keyboard and chanting intro it topped Mr Crowley. And the riff just ripped my face off and blew my head off!

OMG! I love the way you can type your past memory as a kid. YES! I can feel your emotion through this one dimensional texting shite.

I totally get it Pat! EPIC! Pun intended!! Like the CBS Record Label! LOL! Ozzy was on JET too.

Dude! KILLING ME!

I LOVE IT ALL!

Aye that's firmly lodged in my memory. My pal Johnny didn't even stay in the room, he just left me to the music. The power and energy that hits you when that intro ends and the riff begins is incredible! If you're listening to it loud as f**k that is!

• Like 1

I like both these albums, they're great. I think the second one is overshadowed a bit by the first one because of great songs that became more famous like Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train and I Don't Know and because the death of Randy Rhoads torpedoed the tour in 1982 and they hardly played any Diary songs. When it comes down to a song by song comparison though there's not much to choose between them. On any given day I could choose either one of these albums but today I give to Diary by a whisker...

Amazing breakdown post Duck! Your post seals my own personal deal. "Diary Of A Madman" wins easily.

How about the best Jake E Lee Ozzy record?

I would take "The Ultimate Sin" over "Bark At The Moon!" So I am consistent.

I will take "Diary" and "Sin." Both second releases with different guitarists.

What do you think Duck?

I'd go with Bark at the Moon. I really like the atmosphere on the whole record. And I love all the songs, the title track, Rock n Roll Rebel and especially (Forever) Journey to the Centre of Eternity, Waiting For Darkness and Spiders!

Hahaha! Mate! Being in the USA I didn't get to hear "Spiders" until years later when I found the cool UK cover with "Spiders" on the album. I LOVE IT TOO! I love the UK cover better too!!!

Ok, yes, "Rock N Roll Rebel!" "Journey!" UGH! Atmosphere is better. "The Ultimate Sin" is all about nuclear war. I love "So Tired" too.

This is tough now Pat. Damn it.

Yeah to my eyes the red in the US edition doesn't seem to fit. The blue and yellow cover looks more natural.

These days I listen to the 1995 edition which has both Spiders and Slow down.

• Like 1

I like both these albums, they're great. I think the second one is overshadowed a bit by the first one because of great songs that became more famous like Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train and I Don't Know and because the death of Randy Rhoads torpedoed the tour in 1982 and they hardly played any Diary songs. When it comes down to a song by song comparison though there's not much to choose between them. On any given day I could choose either one of these albums but today I give to Diary by a whisker...

Amazing breakdown post Duck! Your post seals my own personal deal. "Diary Of A Madman" wins easily.

What do you think Duck?

I'd go with Bark at the Moon. I really like the atmosphere on the whole record. And I love all the songs, the title track, Rock n Roll Rebel and especially (Forever) Journey to the Centre of Eternity, Waiting For Darkness and Spiders!

Hahaha! Mate! Being in the USA I didn't get to hear "Spiders" until years later when I found the cool UK cover with "Spiders" on the album. I LOVE IT TOO! I love the UK cover better too!!!

Ok, yes, "Rock N Roll Rebel!" "Journey!" UGH! Atmosphere is better. "The Ultimate Sin" is all about nuclear war. I love "So Tired" too.

I think Bark has a slightly more ballsy production too. The guitars are heavier. I love the Ultimate Sin though too.

I remember when I first heard Forever (Journey to the Centre of Eternity). My mate had bought the album before me and was all secretive about it until he was ready to unleash it on the stereo. And that was the side he played and the first track I heard (apart from Bark at the Moon which I'd seen on Top of the Pops). Anyway it was EPIC! And with that keyboard and chanting intro it topped Mr Crowley. And the riff just ripped my face off and blew my head off!

OMG! I love the way you can type your past memory as a kid. YES! I can feel your emotion through this one dimensional texting shite.

I totally get it Pat! EPIC! Pun intended!! Like the CBS Record Label! LOL! Ozzy was on JET too.

Dude! KILLING ME!

I LOVE IT ALL!

Aye that's firmly lodged in my memory. My pal Johnny didn't even stay in the room, he just left me to the music. The power and energy that hits you when that intro ends and the riff begins is incredible! If you're listening to it loud as f**k that is!

FUKK YES MATE!

"WHEN IT HITS YOU.... LIKE A HAMMER.... GODDAMN!!!!!!"

LOVE,

THIN FUKKKKKIN LIZZZZZY!!!

I get it! I live for it.

I will probably be alone for the rest of my life because music is stronger and more addicting than any mortal woman on this earth.

I can't change for anyone Pat.

I live for ME!

I can't give up my music, my concerts, my drums, my fun late night rants, my sports, my horror movies for a woman.

I was blessed and I had love. I have two amazing daughters.

I've lived the dream.

Now I'm living for me!!

Fuckk it Pat.

"Anthem" says it all.

Yet I am the problem. LOL!

I ROCK!

• Like 1

What do you think Duck?

Yeah to my eyes the red in the US edition doesn't seem to fit. The blue and yellow cover looks more natural.

Haha! We are brothers. Mates for life! Of course Pat. I agree with you and I love my Japanese 1995 OZZY pressings on cd. Did you know that if you have all of the Japanese 1995 OZZY cds with obi strip. If you line the albums up chronologically it displays OZZY on a cross in artwork!!! Blaze could confirm this, however I have two sets. One sealed and one to play.

Yes, Pat, I'm FUCKKING CRAZY!!! Just like Ozzy!!!! LOL!

• Like 1

Dude! KILLING ME!

I LOVE IT ALL!

FUKK YES MATE!

"WHEN IT HITS YOU.... LIKE A HAMMER.... GODDAMN!!!!!!"

LOVE,

THIN FUKKKKKIN LIZZZZZY!!!

I get it! I live for it.

I will probably be alone for the rest of my life because music is stronger and more addicting than any mortal woman on this earth.

I can't change for anyone Pat.

I live for ME!

I can't give up my music, my concerts, my drums, my fun late night rants, my sports, my horror movies for a woman.

I was blessed and I had love. I have two amazing daughters.

I've lived the dream.

Now I'm living for me!!

Fuckk it Pat.

"Anthem" says it all.

Yet I am the problem. LOL!

I ROCK!

It's EXPLOSIVE! And the solo is really great too and totally fits. I like the way it ends too. And all Jake's various licks and fills during the riff are cool.

What do you think Duck?

Haha! We are brothers. Mates for life! Of course Pat. I agree with you and I love my Japanese 1995 OZZY pressings on cd. Did you know that if you have all of the Japanese 1995 OZZY cds with obi strip. If you line the albums up chronologically it displays OZZY on a cross in artwork!!! Blaze could confirm this, however I have two sets. One sealed and one to play.

I've just got the European ones.

You know which Black Sabbath live album I like best? It's not even a Black Sabbath one and Tony Iommi and Geezer aren't even on it. It's Ozzy's Speak of the Devil! It's fantastic and totally underrated!

What do you think Duck?

I'm not if JB is an Ozzy fan!

These two albums are almost flawless. So it's tough to choose between them. However, I Don't Know, Crazy Train, Suicide Solution and Steal Away (The Night) are all on one album. So Blizzard it is.

I wish Ozzy had done more Diary stuff live on that album's tour, though. He basically did the Blizzard tour set with Over the Mountain as the set opener, and the music at the beginning of Diary of the Madman was played as the intro. S.A.T.O., DOAM and Little Dolls could have bumped Mr. Crowley and Revelation/Steal Away.

Ozzy has gotten A LOT of mileage out of those two albums. None of his other solo stuff (and I can enjoy all of it) even comes close.

• Like 1

Blizzard is a better party album, one of the best of its era On its original release, we played it any time we got together...which was a lot. These days, Madman gets more play from me, as it's got a bit more going on as a listening experience.
  • Like 1

These two albums are almost flawless. So it's tough to choose between them. However, I Don't Know, Crazy Train, Suicide Solution and Steal Away (The Night) are all on one album. So Blizzard it is.

I wish Ozzy had done more Diary stuff live on that album's tour, though. He basically did the Blizzard tour set with Over the Mountain as the set opener, and the music at the beginning of Diary of the Madman was played as the intro. S.A.T.O., DOAM and Little Dolls could have bumped Mr. Crowley and Revelation/Steal Away.

Ozzy has gotten A LOT of mileage out of those two albums. None of his other solo stuff (and I can enjoy all of it) even comes close.

They also did Believer quite a bit.

They also did Believer quite a bit.

They did Believer and Flying High Again on the Blizzard tour as well though.

Blizzard by a hair.

Blizzard is a better party album, one of the best of its era On its original release, we played it any time we got together...which was a lot. These days, Madman gets more play from me, as it's got a bit more going on as a listening experience.

Serendipitously (how's that for a $10 word?), I heard an Ozzy two-fer today driving in from town. It was "I Don't Know", followed by "Over the Mountain". Those two songs are similar, but their differences struck me in the same way the differences in the first four Van Halen albums strike me.

VH and VH II are more upbeat sounding albums, whereas WACF and Fair Warning have a much heavier style and production value. Over time, the latter two have grown to have more appeal than the other two albums (still love them, though).

So...I'll stick with Diary of a Madman.

• Like 1

Blizzard, but maybe because it has influenced me more during the years with all its classic tracks played live. Unfortunately Diary has always suffered a different fate and it would be great having at least one show with setlist including just these two albums.