NPS Cult

Mr. Not

PM's updated best to worst of the [mode of...] tour series that have been released so far...

[mode of Kisou]

[mode of GAUZE]

[mode of VULGAR]

[mode of THE MARROW OF A BONE]

[mode of UROBOROS]

[mode of DUM SPIRO SPERO]

Notice how the most recent three albums are my least favorite but that's more indicative of the fact that that those three albums were covered extensively during tour documentary/concert DVDs (whereas the pre-Withering. albums were not) than my personal opinions about said albums.

In fact, I can make a case for those three being the most technically perfect performances of said albums live (in the case of the latter two maybe not w/the same raw energy of the Budokan shows of said albums). Considering that my top 5 albums as of 10/8/2017 are (in order from best to 5th best) UROBOROS, ARCHE, Withering to death., DSS, and MARROW it's just that the everything they've done pre-UROBOROS sounds and are played the best they've ever had.

Edited by PolarizeMe

Meanwhile Pogo makes some really cool sample-heavy electronica music and he's basically engaged to FL studio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK8yovE1xco

Pogo's cool, yes. I also liked the Mary Poppins sampled based song he did many years ago. There's quite a lot of his stuff I've heard many years ago that I really like, actually.

Edited by PolarizeMe

10/8/2017 marks the first of many days I'll be working on my

inspired project. I can tell you right now that the song's gonna be much shorter (and obviously nowhere near as good). I'm looking at anywhere between 8 and 20 mins. Probably towards the shorter end of that spectrum.

What did I accomplish? Just programmed a string section, that's it. Didn't even write anything :D

There's one thing I don't get. On ASOM Toshiya's using his Drop C# tuned 4 string RD styled signature model but the following song THE PLEDGE is also in Drop C# yet he uses the Drop C# tuned 5 string Trickstar signature model (designated as model number "04" on the headstock) he would normally use for STUCK MAN and Kodoku Ni Shisu, Yueni Kodoku (as they were written on a 5 string or whenever DEG tours overseas due to restrictions on gear to bring) when all of MARROW was written in Drop C# on a 4 string. Edited by PolarizeMe

I thought of posting this in TOST, but this has some actual worth in it so I'm dumping the load here...

I once said that paying $128 for a VIP DEG ticket that included a meet and greet, a VIP lanyard and a signed poster was the best worst thing I've ever done...nearly 2 years later that is still the case. Not because I didn't want to shake their hands cause I wanted to just for the sake of saying I did, but the whole experience was one of the most cringy, frustrating and agonizing experiences I've ever had with going to a show.

Problem #1: The DEG "fans"

I think 8/10 of the crowd were there for the sake of Japanese culture. The other 2/10 such as myself were genuine fans who were there for the music.

Problem #2: The now infamous meet and greet.

I think the pictures from that night that are still circulating says it all. You might as well just shoot me at point blank range than force me to see my picture from that night. Thankfully though, I redeemed myself w/meeting Neige of Alcest back in Feburary.

Problem #3: My own stupidity

Being the ignorant dumbass that I am, I was optimistic in thinking that staying in the front row was a good idea cause I'm close to the stage and the band. Wrong. Throughout the first song of the night Behind a vacant image up to Tousei, I spent the entire show fighting for my life cause I was being suffocated by the prepubescent DEG fangurlz who with fail tried to push through the front so they could get a glimpse of their precious Kyo-sama and Leader-sama (Kaoru), etc. I should've stayed in the back where the seats were. Ironically, when I saw the GazettE a few months later, I did exactly just that and the crowd was much more tame and respectful that it only took them to play THE SUICIDE CIRCUS for me to leave the seated area and go down in the promenade where I stayed for the rest of the show.

This must be what's known as "What Not Sometimes Drinks Drink"

It's apple cider vinegar, vitamin D3, and krill oil all diluted in chilled Arrowhead™ water.

Q1: Does this look appetizing to you?

Q2: Why not?

xXwKA.JPG

Edited by Mr. Not

obecsh2.png

^ It's thanks to stupid F-gots like this that we'll never see Porcupine Tree again. But maybe it's all for the best at this point, as there's no way it could possibly live up to the hype and I don't think Steven's songwriting skills degrading has as much to do with PT being done as it does the fact that he's just getting old, uninspired, and complacent.

BTW, I wouldn't care to see PT re-unite to make "one final album"... I'd only be interested in them returning if they were to treat the re-union as if it was one which would bond them until death.. Either a Porcupine Tree farewell tour or a complete and total revival of the band. No "We're back for one album and a couple of tours" bullshit.

HCE was one thing, I dislike it overall, but there's a few good songs / moments on it and I don't think the album was a mistake - it just could have been a lot better is all. If you think it's a great album then that's fine, I agree to disagree.

To The Boner is an entirely different story however. If you think it's a good album you should probably just kill yourself.

HCE was one thing, I dislike it overall, but there's a few good songs / moments on it and I don't think the album was a mistake - it just could have been a lot better is all. If you think it's a great album then that's fine, I agree to disagree.

To The Boner is an entirely different story however. If you think it's a good album you should probably just kill yourself.

It's nice to know the overall listener-base notices the decline in Steven Wilson's songwriting.

It's only a seemingly small drop in rating, but damn, at least it's something. With the way some people praise Steven Wilson here on TRF you'd think that he was just ageing like a fine wine.

LJotNuz.png