Southernmost FanO

grasbo

Ok ,a bit of blowing my own trumpet.Am i the southern most fan of Rush on this forum?I live in Tasmania ,Australia,Lymington to be exact.I know there is a guy about my age up in the metropolis of Hobart town but short of fans in Cape Horn and Antarctica I think i deserve a rowboat (with oars) and a t-shirt to visit my heroes up there in the Northern Hemispheres.At least have a red with Ged(it rhymes Neil) and tell him how cricket craps on baseball.Seriously, i am just sitting here on a cold winters day listening to the first Van Halen album.And i am drunk.Having fun.
  • Like 6

Not so fast! Are there any Argentinian or Chilean fans in the house? Until someone come forth and says they live below 43.2013° S

I have a friend that is not on TRF who is a Rush fan who lives in Argentina!

But do they live below the 43rd Parallel South? That's a very small portion of the country.

• Like 1

Not so fast! Are there any Argentinian or Chilean fans in the house? Until someone come forth and says they live below 43.2013° S

But do they live below the 43rd Parallel South? That's a very small portion of the country.

Doubtful. There are so few towns down there of any kind of size. His friend is probably from Buenos Aires, which isn't at all that far south. If there is a RUSH fan from the Falkland Islands or most of the southern island of New Zealand, they would also be further south. I'm not sure Christchurch would be further south though, it is about even with Hobart on Tasmania. Still, New Zealand is your best bet!

Ok ,a bit of blowing my own trumpet.Am i the southern most fan of Rush on this forum?I live in Tasmania ,Australia,Lymington to be exact.I know there is a guy about my age up in the metropolis of Hobart town but short of fans in Cape Horn and Antarctica I think i deserve a rowboat (with oars) and a t-shirt to visit my heroes up there in the Northern Hemispheres.At least have a red with Ged(it rhymes Neil) and tell him how cricket craps on baseball.Seriously, i am just sitting here on a cold winters day listening to the first Van Halen album.And i am drunk.Having fun.

Cold winter day? Please...take some of this muggy, sticky Georgia heat. Help yourself!

Whoops i forgot i posted this(i WAS drunk).Lymington is about a 50 minute drive south of Hobart.I hadn't forgotten about all those Sth American countries ,i was more worried about somebody lurking down at the South Pole,but they wouldn't be a permanent resident ,would they?Anyway its been bloody cold last few days and i had to do solo gig at local market yesterday,fingers didn't work until a few numbers in when i was strumming Resist.
  • Like 1

I may have a convert to all things Rush.He's tad older than me but has never heard of Rush.He has a huge vinyl collection and likes quality rock music.He has just got the internet on and he has joined a vinyl website.He comes up to me ,questions my Rush t-shirt and says they go on about this band on the site.I lent him MPics.Trouble is he lives ten minutes south of me.Can't have that. Edited by grasbo
  • Like 1

Doubtful. There are so few towns down there of any kind of size. His friend is probably from Buenos Aires, which isn't at all that far south. If there is a RUSH fan from the Falkland Islands or most of the southern island of New Zealand, they would also be further south. I'm not sure Christchurch would be further south though, it is about even with Hobart on Tasmania. Still, New Zealand is your best bet!

Yeah they live in Buenos Aires.

I can't find it on Google but I do recall an interview with Geddy a few years back where he talked about being on a walking holiday in Patagonia, and some of the locals spotted him and arranged for him to meet one of their neighbours who was a huge fan.

Edited by Lurkst

My mate Lazza(Larry) loves MPics athough he said whats up with that blokes voice.Haven't told him about this forum yet.I realise there would be fans elsewhere in the world south of Tasmania but not on this forum.If Lazza joined then perhaps he would be southernmost.Anyway i have lent him Hemispheres,Power Windows,Counterparts and because he is a Zep fan i gave him an old vinyl copy of the first album.A good cross selection of their career i feel.