Has Social Media Desensitized People and Made Them More Narcissistic?

Tick

I agree for the most part. I also think that social media has also made people overly sensitive about many things. The entire world seems so politically correct. Like the Facebook post recently about the young teenage boy being searched by the TSA at the airport. So many people found it so offensive that the TSA agent was actually doing his job. If Facebook didn't exist, it wouldn't be an issue. Same thing can be said for the fact that EVERYONE has a still and video camera in their pocket all the time now. That fact is why social media even exists now. If cell phone cameras didn't exist, neither would Facebook. So blame the cell phone companies for it all.

I never have and probably never will take a selfie....it just seems so narcissistic and conceited to me.

Each to their own however........

• Like 2

Welcome to the age of stupidity, hail the rise of the idiots!

They saw the future coming with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEQ4F4PRzUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqfkuc5mawg

"hand held twit machines" this said years before Twitter, frighteningly prophetic!

I never have and probably never will take a selfie....it just seems so narcissistic and conceited to me.

Each to their own however........

People have always had pictures taken of themselves. In the past, we need other people to take our pictures, or, if we had a timer on our own camera, we could do it that way. With the invention of the camera-cell phone, it's now much easier for us to do it. Naturally, some people are getting carried away with it.

IMO, it's just another fad that will fade away. People will get tired of it and move on to the next technological gimmick.

Same thing can be said for the fact that EVERYONE has a still and video camera in their pocket all the time now.

Not me. My phone is still just a phone.

Same thing can be said for the fact that EVERYONE has a still and video camera in their pocket all the time now.

Not me. My phone is still just a phone.

Same with Treeduck and one of my bros. They're proud of that too. It's understandable.

Additionally, I don't think either of them has ever owned the most basic of cell phones.