46 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the album Signals

• ★☆☆☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★★★

4 Stars.

This album has my second favorite Rush song (Subdivisions - an easy 5 star song) plus New World Man, another 5 star song. It also has 3 songs I would give 4 stars to (Analog Kid, Losing It & Countdown). For the record, Countdown was a song I had never paid much attention to until one day I read a post by Rushgoober who was praising the song. I posted that I thought it was only ok and he suggested I give it another listen. I did and started to realize I had overlooked a gem. Wonder what ever happened to Rushgoober - wish he would come back - I miss his posts.

IMO Signals drops off a bit with Digital Man, The Weapon & Chemistry but the good material is so good it more than makes up for the material thats only ok.

As for 3 songs, my 3 would be Subdivisions, New World Man & Analog Kid.

A fine 4 star album.

It's a nice mix of great music, and throughout my life a few different songs have been faves.

Subdivisions, Analog Kid, Countdown, Weapon- they've all held the top spot before, so I give them all 5's.

New World Man is a great song, and the first one I owned before I even new I was a 'RUSH' fan. It was on a comp my mom got me along with a record player. 4 star song.

I've always loved the lyrics and sentiment of Losing It., so I give that 4 stars as well.

Digital Man gets 4 stars, love the groove.

Chemistry is the 3 star song. Some of it is very good, some of it just doesn't work. 'Seems to me it's chemistry'- worst part of the song.

3 stars

This has a few great tracks, 1 real clunker, and a few songs that are just ok. It is also hurt by being the beginning of a 5 album decline.

Love this album. It's my Dad's favorite, so I remember seeing and hearing it a lot as a kid before I knew who they were.

I gave it 4 stars. I enjoy the album a lot.

Favorite tracks:

1. Subdivisions

2. New World Man

3. The Analog Kid