Magnetic Memories: Neil Peart on Four Decades of Drumming

Powderfinger

Interesting read. You learn a Lot about Neil from his statement about his his favorite live performance and the idea that if his most recent performance wasn't an improvement from the past he would stop. My view is that some performances might be great because you played well while others are because of the synergy between the band or crowd and created a special moment. He seems to analyze his work solely on what he did.
  • Like 1

Interesting read. You learn a Lot about Neil from his statement about his his favorite live performance and the idea that if his most recent performance wasn't an improvement from the past he would stop. My view is that some performances might be great because you played well while others are because of the synergy between the band or crowd and created a special moment. He seems to analyze his work solely on what he did.

He does, yes- but I think that's mainly because he feels a responsibility to provide that. It's not just him, but all three of them. But he can only be responsible for his own part of it- and individually, they all are. "Performers and portrayers- each another's audience"...

That's where I think he's coming from.

• Like 3

Yet another example of how a strong work ethic must always accompany talent.

No matter what your craft may be, you MUST dedicate yourself to it. If you want any chance of achieving success/stardom, you had better be ready to WORK.

• Like 4

Yet another example of how a strong work ethic must always accompany talent.

No matter what your craft may be, you MUST dedicate yourself to it. If you want any chance of achieving success/stardom, you had better be ready to WORK.

Great point