Vapor Trails or Vapor Trail?

Justus_2112

Rush chose v-a-p-o-r so there's no debate here.

Well one of Rush did anyway...

GW One last question: Why no "u" in Vapor Trails? I mean, that would be the Canadian way to spell it.

LEE That's an argument I was not prepared to have with Neil.

LlFESON Yeah, we were both on the "u" side, the proper English spelling.

LEE I used the "u" on my album, My Favorite Headache, for Britain and Canada: My Favourite Headache. But Neil tends to the U.S. He likes the simpler spellings. So I'd put the "u" in there, if it were left to me. But I'm not fighting for a "u."

http://www.2112.net/...guitarworld.htm

Rush are also on record as saying that all of their decisions are unanimous or they don't go forward. You'll need to pick which one to believe.

They decided to leave out the U because Geddy and Alex didn't care as much about it as Neil did, and didn't want to pursue the argument. That is not inconsistent with a unanimous decision.

Inconsistent with a unanimous decision would be something more like "Yeah, me and Alex thought it should be spelled with a U but that bastard Neil went behind our backs and arranged for it to be spelled without one, and by the time we found out, it was too late/not worth it to try to change it!"

That's what I said?

Not that I could tell! You seem to me to be saying that the fact that Vapor Trails is spelled without the U contradicts the statement that all of their decisions are unanimous or they don't go forward, and I don't believe that it does.

Not at all. I'm saying either they made a unanimous decision or geddy and Alex wanted it with a U while Neil overruled their decision. Both can't be true.

And I'm saying that I don't think that Neil "overruled" Geddy and Alex. I think the spelling was determined by a discussion among the three that eventually settled on a decision among the three to spell it without the U. Such a discussion and decision does indeed constitute a unanimous decision, and not one party "overruling" others.

GW One last question: Why no "u" in Vapor Trails? I mean, that would be the Canadian way to spell it.

LEE I used the "u" on my album, My Favorite Headache, for Britain and Canada: My Favourite Headache. But Neil tends to the U.S. He likes the simpler spellings. So I'd put the "u" in there, if it were left to me. But I'm not fighting for a "u."

Rush are also on record as saying that all of their decisions are unanimous or they don't go forward. You'll need to pick which one to believe.

They decided to leave out the U because Geddy and Alex didn't care as much about it as Neil did, and didn't want to pursue the argument. That is not inconsistent with a unanimous decision.

Inconsistent with a unanimous decision would be something more like "Yeah, me and Alex thought it should be spelled with a U but that bastard Neil went behind our backs and arranged for it to be spelled without one, and by the time we found out, it was too late/not worth it to try to change it!"

That's what I said?

Not that I could tell! You seem to me to be saying that the fact that Vapor Trails is spelled without the U contradicts the statement that all of their decisions are unanimous or they don't go forward, and I don't believe that it does.

Not at all. I'm saying either they made a unanimous decision or geddy and Alex wanted it with a U while Neil overruled their decision. Both can't be true.

And I'm saying that I don't think that Neil "overruled" Geddy and Alex. I think the spelling was determined by a discussion among the three that eventually settled on a decision among the three to spell it without the U. Such a discussion and decision does indeed constitute a unanimous decision, and not one party "overruling" others.

You literally don't understand my point. I am AGREEING with you.

• Like 1

I'll agree with Zumbi and say the u looks weird, and I'm used to seeing both types of spellings.

Thank you for agreeing with me!

I think there's a difference between weird and stupid which is what you guys said respectively.

Do these look weird or stupid?

- colour

- grey

- sulphur

- flavour

I'll agree with Zumbi and say the u looks weird, and I'm used to seeing both types of spellings.

I think there's a difference between weird and stupid which is what you guys said respectively.

- colour

- grey

- sulphur

- flavour

You guys? I didn't say anything about stupid. And yeah they do look a bit odd because it's not the typical American spelling.

Edited by EagleMoon

- colour

- grey

- sulphur

- flavour

You guys? I didn't say anything about stupid. And yeah they do look a bit odd because it's not the normal spelling I usually see.

I know you didn't. Zumbi did.

- colour

- grey

- sulphur

- flavour

Colour and flavour looks weird and stupid, yes!

That's what I said?

You literally don't understand my point. I am AGREEING with you.

So what do I have to pick (per your original post)? I am thoroughly confused! :huh: :LOL:

Either way, the best of good evenings to you, sir :cheers:

What, so it looks like in naming Vapor Trails, Neil said "f-'u"" to Alex and Geddy? Some foreshadowing there, for sure. Edited by tomhealey

This thread got off topic real quick...

Really though, how far could it go debating an S or no S?

Vowels build up a lot more debate than consonants.

:LOL: The letter U is stupid. Lita Ford doesn't have a U in her name. That proves it.

If anyone posts any words from now on that have a u in them I'll know it is targeted at me and I will throw a tantrvm

• Like 3

- colour

- grey

- sulphur

- flavour

Colour and flavour looks weird and stupid, yes!

Geez Zuumbi, why so souur? Canadians juust like puutting extra "u"s in ouur words youu duumb cuu-

naw, I couuldn't!

:tempted:

• Like 1