Got my Time Stand Still BLU-RAY presto footage

nicky6

Didn't watch doc yet.. but checked out the presto footage,, strange, every song is a fade out and fade in,, glad they didn't do that with the TFE footage. Now, onto the footage, great sound and the picture is a real step up from the crappy footage we are all use to, can only imagine whats in their vaults.. It's funny how different of a band they became within just 10 years from the Permanent waves tour, looks style, song selection. Now, one great thing here is Geddys voice, is in great shape here. Would love to see a proshot from roll the bones tour, a complete show not partial, I think RTB tour was one of their best, specially the presto songs were done better. But the presto songs here really rock hard.. So glad the sound is as good as it is..
  • Like 1

Seeing the Presto footage brings me back to seeing them live so many times in the late eighties and early nineties. The video and sound quality is so much better than the boots on you tube. Cool seeing the giant rabbits again.

I always thought Geddys live vocals during this era was superior. I recall thinking while at shows in this era...gee if the "cool music fans" or the "inteligencia" (H/t Billy Corgan) could be here and hear Ged fill this arena with his voice, they would "get" Rush.

The new disc brought me right back to that sentiment , almost unexpectedly.

• Like 3

yes, both presto and roll the bones tour geddy sounded perfect, sad thing is that we have lots of footage with recent tours where he sounds awful, wish they would added the whole show rather than 67 mins, they are going back to that again,,
  • Like 1

Didn't watch doc yet.. but checked out the presto footage,, strange, every song is a fade out and fade in,, glad they didn't do that with the TFE footage. Now, onto the footage, great sound and the picture is a real step up from the crappy footage we are all use to, can only imagine whats in their vaults.. It's funny how different of a band they became within just 10 years from the Permanent waves tour, looks style, song selection. Now, one great thing here is Geddys voice, is in great shape here. Would love to see a proshot from roll the bones tour, a complete show not partial, I think RTB tour was one of their best, specially the presto songs were done better. But the presto songs here really rock hard.. So glad the sound is as good as it is..

The doc is wonderful. Enjoy!

Edited by NewWorldScott
  • Like 1

I have a question about the Presto footage - what is up with that screen they lower during "Scars"? I have never seen them do anything like that before or since. :huh:

That's the only tour it was ever done. It creates a nice effect when you are in front of it.

• Like 2

I have a question about the Presto footage - what is up with that screen they lower during "Scars"? I have never seen them do anything like that before or since. :huh:

That's the only tour it was ever done. It creates a nice effect when you are in front of it.

I guess it got lost in translation. What effect was it supposed to create?

I remember that effect very well when I saw the Presto tour at the small intimate Bay Front Arena in St. Petersburg Fl. I thought it pretty cool how the images were projected on the screen. After that performance I had a whole new appreciation for the song.

• Like 3

I guess it got lost in translation. What effect was it supposed to create?

Artifacts from the lasers and other lighting were trapped there and it was a weird kind of accompaniment to the music. There was one video 4/20/90 at the Meadowlands maybe? that showed it better, but I don't think that video ever made it to you tube (You'd be surprised how much gets lost forever in the analog world.)

• Like 2