The 10 Commandments of Rush

MusicalAbby2112

Putting John Rutsey in the same category as murder, adultery, stealing is not something any Rush fan would do, regardless of how good Neil was ..

By all accounts, he left the band because of a medical condition, but to say the band would have been done a long time ago is ridiculous ... Alex, for one, grew as a musician over the years, so who says Rutsey wouldn't have ??

I think a little more creativity would go a long way with this

Alex said that if John had stayed with the band they probably would have stayed a bar band around Toronto.

.. at least they never would have made Presto

Despite Alex saying that, I don't think that would've happened. I think it was just him being humble AND showing the importance of Peart. But I think Geddy and Alex were destined for greatness together. Funny because I don't really believe in destiny or the guiding hand of faith

• Like 1

They are Rush, who hath shown you rock majesty. You shall worship no other power trio before them

You shall not conceive of Rush as being other than Lee, Lifeson, and Peart

You shall not utter Rush's name in any but the most reverent tones

Remember to set aside part of your day to listen to the music of Rush; for they hath crafted this music for your ears most righteously

Honor your brothers and sisters, or parents, or friends, who introduceth the music of Rush to your life

You shall not pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend

You shall not forget to keep the heart and mind united

You shall choose a path that's clear

You shall not rent thy mind to any god or government

You shall take a friend and keep 'em till the end.

Great job!

Agreed. Excelent post. :notworthy:

• Like 2

Thou shalt not prefer Rutsey over Peart.

You are a bit unfair to Rutsey.....

He was a good drummer as well, and Rush would not have been here today if it was not for him.

Not unfair to Rutsey at all. He was a good drummer, but Neil made Rush great with his drumming and his lyrics. If Rutsey had stayed in the band, Rush would have been done by 1976. The best thing he did for the band was to leave.

It is unfair to Rutsey.

I agree. Rutsey was a good drummer. The problem was that they would have run out of good lyrics and fizzled out. Like another poster said, Neil is both an amazing lyricist and drummer. His lyrics are one reason I am such a big Rush fan.

• Like 1

They are Rush, who hath shown you rock majesty. You shall worship no other power trio before them

You shall not conceive of Rush as being other than Lee, Lifeson, and Peart

You shall not utter Rush's name in any but the most reverent tones

Remember to set aside part of your day to listen to the music of Rush; for they hath crafted this music for your ears most righteously

Honor your brothers and sisters, or parents, or friends, who introduceth the music of Rush to your life

You shall not pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend

You shall not forget to keep the heart and mind united

You shall choose a path that's clear

You shall not rent thy mind to any god or government

You shall take a friend and keep 'em till the end.

Great job!

Thanks - tried to mirror the actual commandments, but then I kind of lost it. I'm not sure what a good analog is for "you shall not kill"!

Thou shalt not kill the instumental.

Thou shalt make a graven image with some features of your own.

Honor thy underrated guitar player.

Thou shall not steal Geds licks.

Thou shall not bear false witness ( you didn't really see The Fountain of Lamneth live).

Thou shalt not covet Peart's GOAT status.

Edited by Weakly Criminal