Recast film characters, whats your choice

condemned2bfree

Well, since Star Trek The Original Series has been recast, I'll give The Next Generation a go:

Jean Luc Picard: Raphe Fiennes

Will Riker: David Boreanaz

Data: Sean Murray

Geordie LaForge: Edi Gathegi

Beverly Crusher: Bryce Dallas Howard

Worf: Dohn Norwood

Deanna Troi: Mila Kunis

Tasha Yar: Amy Smart

Wesley Crusher: The guy who played King Joffrey.

Q: Peter Dinklage

Guinan: Aisha Tyler

One correction.

I think Dinklage as Q would be hysterical. LMAO.

Oh God... as if we didn't hate Wesley enough! :LOL:

• Like 1

I was just thinking, Whoopi reprising Guinan would be superb. Firstly because she's still got it going on. Secondly, the parallel universe factor. "Oooh. Guinan is the same in all realities." .
  • Like 1

Well, since Star Trek The Original Series has been recast, I'll give The Next Generation a go:

Jean Luc Picard: Raphe Fiennes

Will Riker: David Boreanaz

Data: Sean Murray

Geordie LaForge: Edi Gathegi

Beverly Crusher: Bryce Dallas Howard

Worf: Dohn Norwood

Deanna Troi: Mila Kunis

Tasha Yar: Amy Smart

Wesley Crusher: The guy who played King Joffrey.

Q: Peter Dinklage

Guinan: Aisha Tyler

One correction.

I think Dinklage as Q would be hysterical. LMAO.

Oh God... as if we didn't hate Wesley enough! :LOL:

I always liked Wesley!

Replace the Khalessi on Game of Thrones with a broad who shows her rack more than once every 5 Seasons

Good thread topic, but I'm reminded of an on-going joke that's arose over the years about "imagine if Nicolas Cage was recast as X".

In general, Nicolas Cage gets made fun of a lot. His voice, his facial expressions, his hair, his bombastic lunatic meltdowns on screen (acted meltdowns, of course)...

He also gets criticized for how prolific he is, because people say "He just takes any offer he can get"... Now that criticism is fair, and I wouldn't rule it out.

But the thing is, he's a great actor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYJOAW7r03s

...So with that as a preface

I'd like to see Nicolas Cage as Patrick Bateman In American Psycho. I think he'd be perfect for the role. Christian Bale did a phenomenal job himself, and I'm satisfied with it... But seeing Nicolas Cage in replacement would be amazing.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Nicolas Cage as Patrick Bateman In American Psycho. I think he'd be perfect for the role. Christian Bale did a phenomenal job himself, and I'm satisfied with it... But seeing Nicolas Cage in replacement would be amazing.

Don't you in a weird way mean Nicolas Cage as Castor Troy as Patrick Bateman??

Think of the crazy looks alone....

Don't you in a weird way mean Nicolas Cage as Castor Troy as Patrick Bateman??

Think of the crazy looks alone....

Yes, or Nicolas Cage as Peter Loew as Patrick Bateman. That would work too :D

• Like 1

I would replace Rob Schneider in all his movies because I am a more talented entertainer than he will ever be

I'd replace the entire cast of The Grey (including Liam Neeson) with: Rob Schneider, Will Ferrell, Shia LeBouf, and Owen Wilson. And I'd use real, wild wolves that've been starved for a few weeks.

In rhe immortal words of Owen Wilson...

Edited by Digital Dad

Replace Leonardo DiCaprio with Tom Hardy in The Revenant.

I would replace Rob Schneider in all his movies because I am a more talented entertainer than he will ever be

I'd replace the entire cast of The Grey (including Liam Neeson) with: Rob Schneider, Will Ferrell, Shia LeBouf, and Owen Wilson. And I'd use real, wild wolves that've been starved for a few weeks.

In rhe immortal words of Owen Wilson...

Watched 20 seconds of that. Man I hate him.

Replace Johnny Depp in 2005's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Jim Carey.

I always wondered why that never happened. Depp's role is too dark and eccentric, Carey would bring light chaos, suitable to the original intent/book imo.

Edited by condemned2bfree

I always wondered why that never happened. Depp's role is too dark and eccentric, Carey would bring light chaos, suitable to the original intent/book imo.

No.

I generally think that just about any role Johnny Depp does can be done better by Jim Carey. Where Depp is overrated star power, Jim Carey is actually a fantastic diamond in the rough as far as acting talent goes. I wish he'd get more semi-serious roles.

• Like 1

No.

Yes. Depp's role in this is too dark, approaching the kiddie snatcher in chitty chitty. He's aloof, dark , distant and nothing like the wonka character in the book, even the original film. Its a new take on the character Willy Wonka, certainly, but not in the right direction.

• Like 1

I generally think that just about any role Johnny Depp does can be done better by Jim Carey. Where Depp is overrated star power, Jim Carey is actually a fantastic diamond in the rough as far as acting talent goes. I wish he'd get more semi-serious roles.

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind proves this. One of my favourite films ever.

No.

Yes. Depp's role in this is too dark, approaching the kiddie snatcher in chitty chitty. He's aloof, dark , distant and nothing like the wonka character in the book, even the original film. Its a new take on the character Willy Wonka, certainly, but not in the right direction.

I think considering Dahl loved the macabre, it was near perfect. I could have done without the back story though.

And Jim Carrey played the bad uncle in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. He very likely would have brought the same kind of menace to Willy Wonka.

Besides, most kids movies today are far too PC. Up til the mid-90's it was common practice for high profile kids flicks to have horrid moments.

Cases in point:

Pinocchio

The Lion King

The Goonies

Hocus Pocus

Considering Dahl hated the first adaptation, I am certain he'd have enjoyed Tim Burton's version more.

I was a kid when it came out. And me and all my friends really dug it. Much like every kids film ever, adults seem more offended by it than kids are.

The whole premise of the original novel was the kids being knocked off one by one whilst a non-caring, crazy chocolateer proceeded onwards til the end.

No.

I think considering Dahl loved the macabre, it was near perfect. I could have done without the back story though.

And Jim Carrey played the bad uncle in A Series Of Unfortunate Events. He very likely would have brought the same kind of menace to Willy Wonka.

Besides, most kids movies today are far too PC. Up til the mid-90's it was common practice for high profile kids flicks to have horrid moments.

Cases in point:

Pinocchio

The Lion King

The Goonies

Hocus Pocus

Considering Dahl hated the first adaptation, I am certain he'd have enjoyed Tim Burton's version more.

I was a kid when it came out. And me and all my friends really dug it. Much like every kids film ever, adults seem more offended by it than kids are.

The whole premise of the original novel was the kids being knocked off one by one whilst a non-caring, crazy chocolateer proceeded onwards til the end.

Playfulness and mischief, are lacking from this interpretation of the book,offered by burton and depp. The book, is full of witty playful interaction from willy wonka - he is a fun character. Depp and Burton miss this totally ,and elaborate and expand only on darker aspects, which I do not see in the original book much - loved it since I was eight.

Not offended, this perception does not work for me.

Because Dahl didn't like the original film adaptation, does not by default mean, he would like this either. Dahl did like the macabre - tales of the unexpected etc, though his kids books have an equal balance of, mischief fun and playfulness, with anything that may be considered dark.

Depp was the right person for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He also did alright in Gilbert Grape and Secret window. I can't imagine Carey in any of those 3.

I'm not a Jim Carey fan though so there's that. And when many mention Eternal Sunshine as one of his great dramatic roles, well...I didn't like that movie. ((And most are shocked by that. Oh well.)) I did think he did fine in it though. But as far as drama goes, I preferred Man on the Moon. He was perfect in that.

Depp was the right person for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. He also did alright in Gilbert Grape and Secret window. I can't imagine Carey in any of those 3.

I'm not a Jim Carey fan though so there's that. And when many mention Eternal Sunshine as one of his great dramatic roles, well...I didn't like that movie. ((And most are shocked by that. Oh well.)) I did think he did fine in it though. But as far as drama goes, I preferred Man on the Moon. He was perfect in that.

Your with my Mrs on that score, she can't stand Carey :D . Fear and loathing and whats eating, are the 2 good films I think of with Depp starring.

Took a while to get Carey's style.The zany comedy skit, is only appropriate for some movies I guess, but for willy wonka, it would of been a move towards the book, than the Depp Burton combo.

No.

Cases in point:

Pinocchio

The Lion King

The Goonies

Hocus Pocus

Playfulness and mischief, are lacking from this interpretation of the book,offered by burton and depp. The book, is full of witty playful interaction from willy wonka - he is a fun character. Depp and Burton miss this totally ,and elaborate and expand only on darker aspects, which I do not see in the original book much - loved it since I was eight.

Because Dahl didn't like the original film adaptation, does not by default mean, he would like this either. Dahl did like the macabre - tales of the unexpected etc, though his kids books have an equal balance of, mischief fun and playfulness, with anything that may be considered dark.

I agree with much of what you say but I still love the film and I love Depp in it and I grew up with the boom from a younger age than you as I did all of Dahl.

It's also one of the few Burton films I enjoy beyond the visuals. I love this film.

No.

Cases in point:

Pinocchio

The Lion King

The Goonies

Hocus Pocus

I agree with much of what you say but I still love the film and I love Depp in it and I grew up with the boom from a younger age than you as I did all of Dahl.

It's also one of the few Burton films I enjoy beyond the visuals. I love this film.

Hey I only have a few grey hairs, cheeky :LOL:

Don t look too bad for 43

Glad some one got something good out of the film.

No.

Cases in point:

Pinocchio

The Lion King

The Goonies

Hocus Pocus

Hey I only have a few grey hairs, cheeky :LOL:

Don t look too bad for 43

Glad some one got something good out of the film.

I know plenty who love it! But I agree that both adaptations could be labelled displeasing.

I have always put Charlie in the same category as War Of The World's and I Am Legend: a fantastic, masterful book that no one seems to want to adapt properly!

X-Men 1 done in the 80s...

Yul Brynner as Professor X

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood/5710/y-brynner.jpg

Michael Biehn as Cyclops

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/Terminator27.jpeg

Julia Roberts as Jean Grey

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/2179f65dcd52b9fdbf57b1a7943b40840b59473e/c=0-48-1296-1774&r=1083&c=0-0-1080-1440/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2013/12/24/1387905445002-03julia.jpg

Vanessa Williams as Storm

http://www.celebritycd.com/vanessawilliams/vanessa04.jpg

Winona Ryder as Rogue

http://fr.web.img2.acsta.net/r_640_600/b_1_d6d6d6/medias/nmedia/18/64/72/91/19172430.jpg

Sarah Douglas & Terence Stamp as Mystique & Magneto

http://www.filmfashion.nl/stills/supermanii14.jpg

and Mel Gibson as Wolverine

http://www.onlygoodmovies.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/martin-riggs-gibson.jpg

:LOL: