Euro 2016 France

I've been saying France would win Euro 2016 since they beat Cameroon in that friendly before the tournament started.

Now they're in the final and look good as evra.

HA! GET THE PUN? :drool: "evra" sounds like "ever"? Oh please I'm so not funny :P

But seriously, Pogba + Giroud + Griezmann will destroy Ronaldo and Pepe. Also, look at who Portugal has had to go through so far. Croatia? Poland? Wales? Come on, I mean I know Wales has Bale but seriously? France beat the #4 best team in the world (according to rankings before the tournament started) they can beat the #8 team just as easily. Ronaldo and Messi will both have lost in their tournament finals this year lol

And who did France beat? Ireland and Iceland. I'll take Croatia and Poland over those two any day. Also, Germany was very unlucky on Thursday. That penalty kick was a phantom call. You're supposed to handle the ball intentionally in order to be penalized. Up until that point, Germany was dominating the game.

True, but they still beat Germany. That goal in the 72nd minute still counted and they did beat Germany, who beat Italy, who beat Spain. France is better than Portugal and they fought harder to get there.

I've been saying France would win Euro 2016 since they beat Cameroon in that friendly before the tournament started.

Now they're in the final and look good as evra.

HA! GET THE PUN? :drool: "evra" sounds like "ever"? Oh please I'm so not funny :P

But seriously, Pogba + Giroud + Griezmann will destroy Ronaldo and Pepe. Also, look at who Portugal has had to go through so far. Croatia? Poland? Wales? Come on, I mean I know Wales has Bale but seriously? France beat the #4 best team in the world (according to rankings before the tournament started) they can beat the #8 team just as easily. Ronaldo and Messi will both have lost in their tournament finals this year lol

And who did France beat? Ireland and Iceland. I'll take Croatia and Poland over those two any day. Also, Germany was very unlucky on Thursday. That penalty kick was a phantom call. You're supposed to handle the ball intentionally in order to be penalized. Up until that point, Germany was dominating the game.

True, but they still beat Germany. That goal in the 72nd minute still counted and they did beat Germany, who beat Italy, who beat Spain. France is better than Portugal and they fought harder to get there.

If France fought harder to get to the final, they'll be more tired than Portugal. ;) The French were fortunate German D had a brain cramp on that second goal. Even Neuer made a mistake on the play. In the end, Germany had better looks throughout the game and, as I said before, was unlucky not to win the match outright in the first half. I'm anything but a fan of Ronaldo, but Griezmann is starting to piss me off. Here's hoping he's a sad mann on Sunday.

If France fought harder to get to the final, they'll be more tired than Portugal. ;) The French were fortunate German D had a brain cramp on that second goal. Even Neuer made a mistake on the play. In the end, Germany had better looks throughout the game and, as I said before, was unlucky not to win the match outright in the first half. I'm anything but a fan of Ronaldo, but Griezmann is starting to piss me off. Here's hoping he's a sad mann on Sunday.

I still think France will win because they have a better team than Portugal and they have played overall better in the tournament than Portugal. The semifinals were the first time Portugal won a game in regulation. They finished 3rd in their group and drew all three group games, barely even making it to where they are. France is undefeated this tournament so far, and they have a record of 5-1-0 (W-D-L). They're also playing as the home team in front of 80,000 screaming fans.

Ha! Ha! They did it without Ronaldo. :chickendance:

I still find it hard to stomach their win but yes, your right it does put a little palatable seasoning on it. Even better was the damn thing didn't end in penalties again

Final results: 1) Portugal, 2) France, 3) Wales, 4) Germany, 5) Italy, 6) Belgium, 7) Poland, 8) Iceland, 9) Croatia, 10) Spain, 11) Switzerland, 12) England, 13) Hungary, 14) Slovakia, 15) Ireland, 16) N. Ireland, 17) Turkey, 18) Albania, 19) Romania, 20) Sweden, 21) Czech Rep, 22) Austria, 23) Russia, 24) Ukraine.
  • Like 1

That was pretty dull. Well deserved for Portugal though, France were very one paced, not very inventive.

Yes, the game lacked the flair we were expecting, but after Portugal lost CR7, they started to wait for penalty kicks and France couldn't create enough. Full credit to the Ronaldo-less team for taking chances in extra time, something Poland failed to do against the eventual champions.

I only caught the first half, but was glad to hear the final result. I don't normally find any joy in someone being hauled off the field, but Ronaldo is such an arse...

As noted by others, a pretty dull final, but a tournament with exciting runs by underdog sides like Eire, Ulster, Iceland and, of course, Wales.

• Like 3

It really surprised me Portugal score this championship. I recognize they did their best.

Well, if Greece could get it done once :wacko: why not Portugal, eh?
  • Like 1

Denmark too. If I remember rightly, Denmark didn't even qualify for it but were drafted in at another nations expense, I can't remember what for.

The war in Yugoslavia broke out. It definitely put qualifications to a major tournament in a different light.
  • Like 1

As noted by others, a pretty dull final, but a tournament with exciting runs by underdog sides like Eire, Ulster, Iceland and, of course, Wales.

:yes: We had some "adrenaline emotions" going on. Certains teams showed us they aren't useless as many soccer fans think.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

Thought for sure the french were gonna win.. couldn't believe it when Eder netted. Was somewhat surprised to hear the commentators say that He couldn't score a goal for love nor money while playing for Swansea City.. didn't know he even played for "The Swans" !

Thought for sure the french were gonna win.. couldn't believe it when Eder netted. Was somewhat surprised to hear the commentators say that He couldn't score a goal for love nor money while playing for Swansea City.. didn't know he even played for "The Swans" !

I understand Ronaldo told Eder that he (Eder) would score in the final. Move over, Obama. CR7 is the real almighty! :notworthy: Edited by blackhawkrush

The starting eleven, as prepared by Opta data: Rui Patricio ( Portugal ) - Bacary Sagna ( France ) Giorgio Chiellini ( Italy ) Kamil Glik ( Poland ) Raphael Guerreiro ( Portugal ) - Toni Kroos ( Germany ) Aaron Ramsey ( Wales ) - Mesut Oezil ( Germany ) Dimitri Payet ( France ) Eden Hazard ( Belgium ) - Antoine Griezmann ( France )

And here's the worst eleven, according to "The Guardian:" Joe Hart ( England ) - Aleksandar Dragovic ( Austria ) Ciaran Clark ( Ireland ) Lorik Cana ( Albania ) Gieorgij Szczennikov ( Russia ) - Glenn Whelan ( Ireland ) Marouane Fellaini ( Belgium ) Pawel Mamajev ( Russia ) - Haris Seferovic ( Switzerland ) Tomas Necid ( Czech Rep ) Raheem Sterling ( England ) :P

And here's the worst eleven, according to "The Guardian:" Joe Hart ( England ) - Aleksandar Dragovic ( Austria ) Ciaran Clark ( Ireland ) Lorik Cana ( Albania ) Gieorgij Szczennikov ( Russia ) - Glenn Whelan ( Ireland ) Marouane Fellaini ( Belgium ) Pawel Mamajev ( Russia ) - Haris Seferovic ( Switzerland ) Tomas Necid ( Czech Rep ) Raheem Sterling ( England ) :P

Hart and Sterling deserve to be in that lineup, unbelievably bad.