Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

It was really not-so-great to visit The Golf Channel's website this morning. The headline and main photo were - yes, you guessed it - Tiger Woods and the "Tiger Tracker".

Woods is currently tied for 72nd ..... :facepalm: :facepalm:

So? Woods still commands the attention and brings in the fans and ratings. Money matters to TV networks.

As I am a man of principle ;) , it is my job to point out a lack of integrity wherever I find it.

Yes, money matters to TV networks, and that is the problem. It's the only thing that matters to them. All the great golfers who are leading and winning tournaments every week are ignored in favor of a formerly great golfer, who hasn't won anything in years.

• Like 1

It was really not-so-great to visit The Golf Channel's website this morning. The headline and main photo were - yes, you guessed it - Tiger Woods and the "Tiger Tracker".

So? Woods still commands the attention and brings in the fans and ratings. Money matters to TV networks.

As I am a man of principle ;) , it is my job to point out a lack of integrity wherever I find it.

Yes, money matters to TV networks, and that is the problem. It's the only thing that matters to them. All the great golfers who are leading and winning tournaments every week are ignored in favor of a formerly great golfer, who hasn't won anything in years.

I have watched golf and golfed for over 30 years (just for perspective on my thoughts) and I would rather watch Woods than some non-descript guy like Lovemark or whoever is the flavor of the week. I also love watching the top players like DJ, Rory, Koepka, Spieth, et al, rather than the 100th ranked player have a good round. And apparently quite a lot of others agree with me. Edited by Mithrandir

I have watched golf and golfed for over 30 years (just for perspective on my thoughts) and I would rather watch Woods than some non-descript guy like Lovemark or whoever is the flavor of the week. I also love watching the top players like DJ, Rory, Koepka, Spieth, et al, rather than the 100th ranked player have a good round. And apparently quite a lot of others agree with me.

So if Woods were the 100th ranked player, you and all those others would ignore him? :P

• Like 2

So, me and the boyz were talking about the Tiger-Phil Thanksgiving showdown event, and the general sentiment was that Phil just doesn't have the game anymore to beat a rejuvenated Tiger.

Phil shot 63 today.

Guess who's in with a share of the lead at -8 after carding a day one 62 at the BMW...?

Guess who's tied for 12th after carding a Day Two 70 at the BMW? ;) :P

• Like 1

Guess who's in with a share of the lead at -8 after carding a day one 62 at the BMW...?

Putter went frosty.

giphy.gif

...just like mine today! Yesterday PM I putted lights-out to capture my league's low-net honors, but today I had several three and four-putts. Yesterday's course had super slow greens, and today's were glass and wicked-sloped. I didn't handle the transition well. :P

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Putter went frosty.

giphy.gif

...just like mine today! Yesterday PM I putted lights-out to capture my league's low-net honors, but today I had several three and four-putts. Yesterday's course had super slow greens, and today's were glass and wicked-sloped. I didn't handle the transition well. :P

I haven't been on speaking terms with my putter for weeks..... :doh:

• Like 1

-2 on day three's round leaves Tiger 5 strokes off the lead.

He was -4 66 but it sure seemed like -2 with all the very makeable birdie looks he had. Good grief the putting...

Early, Tiger moves to -8, while co-leader Rose slips to -5 after two bogies on the first two holes.

As Tiger knocks it stiff on hole 3...

...for birdie.

Two stroke lead at -9.

The lead has been cut to three with two holes to play.

Woods' uphill chip came a rollin' back down to him.....

Trust me I've watched just about EVERY shot(I have no life I know) Tiger has hit this year. He has figured it out and I have never seen him hit it better. I truly believe he has made a conscious decision to give up some distance off the tee for accuracy. As all of us golfers know at any level that is hard to do and especially a prideful golfer such as him. As he proved today(i.e 18th hole) he still has big distance in the tank if he really wants or needs it. Tomorrow will be a big test as Rory will be 20 to 30 yards past him all day. Stay disciplined Tiger stay disciplined and rely on your iron play, short game etc... Edited by Narps
  • Like 2

Trust me I've watched just about EVERY shot(I have no life I know) Tiger has hit this year. He has figured it out and I have never seen him hit it better. I truly believe he has made a conscious decision to give up some distance off the tee for accuracy. As all of us golfers know at any level that is hard to do and especially a prideful golfer such as him. As he proved today(i.e 18th hole) he still has big distance in the tank if he really wants or needs it. Tomorrow will be a big test as Rory will be 20 to 30 yards past him all day. Stay disciplined Tiger stay disciplined and rely on your iron play, short game etc...

My favorite hole of the day was the par 3 15th, where Tiger's deepest instincts took over, causing him to yank his tee shot away from trouble right and into the left bunker. That was the most relatable moment of the day for me. :LOL: Tiger rolled the bunker shot past the hole (thus seeing the line of the come-backer), and made par.

While Tiger's front side 6-of-7 holes birdie run was amazing, his grinding out of pars on the back nine was inspiring as well.

• Like 2

Ryder Cup Day 2 and I'm watching the live feed featuring Tiger (of course). Fleetwood drained a great birdie putt on 2 to put Europe 1-up and since then neither Tiger nor his partner Patrick Reed have been able to find a fairway on the next two holes. Reed is flat out spraying it.
  • Like 1