Rank the KING'S X discography for me please

Last night I gave Faith Hope Love a spin and I found it a better listen than Gretchen Goes to Nebraska. King's X are definitely accomplished musicians despite not being groundbreaking or wholly original. I heard it all before. I will point how how "grungy" the record sounds, particularly Alice in Chains. Why did King's X miss the grunge bandwagon? Anyway, I found the album too long and some of the songs simply annoyed me after a while. Again, it's not bad. It just comes across a bit too generic. I rate it a 6.5/10.

Last night I gave Faith Hope Love a spin and I found it a better listen than Gretchen Goes to Nebraska. King's X are definitely accomplished musicians despite not being groundbreaking or wholly original. I heard it all before. I will point how how "grungy" the record sounds, particularly Alice in Chains. Why did King's X miss the grunge bandwagon? Anyway, I found the album too long and some of the songs simply annoyed me after a while. Again, it's not bad. It just comes across a bit too generic. I rate it a 6.5/10.

Faith Hope Love is great. very Beatle like.

Mick

Faith Hope Love is great. very Beatle like.

Mick

I'll give it another spin.

• Like 1

I consider FHL one of the best rock albums of the 1990s and one that gets better with repeat listens, as much as I appreciate a cursory reaction to an introductory spin.

:cheers:

Still my favorite of theirs, although I must say that in as I dive knuckle deep into the King's X pie, as it were, right now Ear Candy is pushing a solid (and dare I say close-ish) second. The only cut I find to be a bit of filler is 67. Otherwise a ginormous eargasm...and like FHL it too improves with multiple listens. Took 3-4 to really start appreciating it more fully...

• Like 1

I consider FHL one of the best rock albums of the 1990s and one that gets better with repeat listens, as much as I appreciate a cursory reaction to an introductory spin.

Still my favorite of theirs, although I must say that in as I dive knuckle deep into the King's X pie, as it were, right now Ear Candy is pushing a solid (and dare I say close-ish) second. The only cut I find to be a bit of filler is 67. Otherwise a ginormous eargasm...and like FHL it too improves with multiple listens. Took 3-4 to really start appreciating it more fully...

I don't have the patience to write detail reviews or analysis!

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're diggin' Ear Candy. Get ready for many of the songs (even 67 for me...lol) to get stuck in your head.

Don't recall requesting it. :D

Glad to hear you're diggin' Ear Candy. Get ready for many of the songs (even 67 for me...lol) to get stuck in your head.

Yeah, not a bad song really, just -- maybe -- the least of a better lot. Something has to be. :D

ReRushed...

...you need to check out "Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous", I know you'd love that one.

Prog meets The Beatles meets Hendrix = fantastic!

Heck, I just thought you appreciate that type of stuff! I enjoyed reading your Metallica thread from a while back.

ReRushed...

...you need to check out "Please Come Home... Mr. Bulbous", I know you'd love that one.

Prog meets The Beatles meets Hendrix = fantastic!

I think it's me, ReGorLaTroy, and Mr. Not alone on the Bulbous love boat... :D

Heck, I just thought you appreciate that type of stuff! I enjoyed reading your Metallica thread from a while back.

Oh I do..! I just didn't want you to think a thesis was necessary. :cheers:

To be honest I don't know this band's music so I can't rank them.

Dude....youtube. :ebert:

Yeah but I don't feel any motivation to go looking.

That I can't help with, but I posted a link to to their "Live from London" video a page or so back if you have any interest.

That I can't help with, but I posted a link to to their "Live from London" video a page or so back if you have any interest.

You should be talking the band up at this point. You should be saying "Oh God they're the fuckking best band in the universe, they make my dick HARD just thinking about them! :oops:

You should be talking the band up at this point. You should be saying "Oh God they're the fuckking best band in the universe, they make my dick HARD just thinking about them! :oops:

We can't all spend our time promoting rubber suit fetishes. :oops:

We can't all spend our time promoting rubber suit fetishes. :oops:

You only have to type a couple of lines about King's X, then you can get back to that rubber suit thing you're talking about.

Speaking of the live CD/DVD...those who have it, what do you think of it?

I don't own the London CD/DVD yet. I have the "Live all over the place" double CD though. I haven't listened to it in ages, but it came out in 2004 or so...good mix of song's in the set list...some acoustic.

220px-Liveallovertheplace.jpg

Disc 1[edit]

• "Groove Machine" – 4:10
  • "Dogman" – 4:19 #
  • "Believe" – 6:40
  • "Little Bit of Soul" – 4:48
  • "Complain" – 3:16 #
  • Over My Head – 8:16 *
  • "Manic Depression" – 5:38 +
  • "Black Like Sunday" – 3:40
  • "Finished" – 4:01
  • "Screamer" – 4:30
  • "Johnny" – 8:21

Disc 2[edit]

• "The Difference" (acoustic) – 3:51 *
  • "(Thinking and Wondering) What I'm Gonna Do" (acoustic) – 4:06
  • "Mr. Evil" (acoustic) – 4:10 #
  • "Mississippi Moon" (acoustic) – 3:44 #
  • "Goldilox" (acoustic) – 5:02 *
  • "Everybody Knows a Little Bit" (acoustic) – 4:15 *
  • "A Box" (acoustic) – 4:06 #
  • "Talk to You" – 4:50 *
  • "Visions" – 6:03 *
  • "Cigarettes" – 8:28 #
  • "Summerland" – 3:47 *
  • "We Were Born to Be Loved" – 5:49 *
  • "Moan Jam" – 11:18 *
  • "Over My Head" (acoustic) – 5:25 (unlisted track) *

Went ahead and ordered the London CD/DVD blind. :)

Thanks for the breakdown on the live double disc...

Very cool. Yeah, I'm way late on the London title. It's been out for years and on my buy list...just never got around to ordering it. Soon, I hope.