Tom Isn't So Petty And The Heartbreakers: "DAMN THE TORPEDOES" IS A MASTERPIECE!!!

RUSHHEAD666

"I'm an American Earl!"

Yeah good one right?

Just kidding but come on you guys, I love early Tom Petty but I am not a big fan!

Saying that "Damn The Torpedoes" is one of the greatest albums ever made!!

Do you agree?

Perhaps this thread will start "Free Fallinn'" instead!

The song "Even The Losers" has really helped me get through my hard times.

"Hard Times?"

Signed,

RUN DMC

• Like 1

Also, I hate slighting the Heartbreakers, an awesome band. It's not just Tom Petty that makes those albums awesome.

I'm a big Benmont guy. And of course I love Stan Lynchs drumming. Nothing against Ferrone but those early Petty albums had a sound they just don't have anymore.

Anyone that likes Petty should definitely check out the Live Anthology he released a few years. It has a lot of amazing recordings and unreleased songs like "Oh Well" (Fleetwood Mac cover),"Driving Down to Georgia", and "Melinda" (Amazing grand piano solo by Benmont Trench)

Anyone that likes Petty should definitely check out the Live Anthology he released a few years. It has a lot of amazing recordings and unreleased songs like "Oh Well" (Fleetwood Mac cover),"Driving Down to Georgia", and "Melinda" (Amazing grand piano solo by Benmont Trench)

You know I have several TP boxes and comps and the Live Anthology but I have no actual TP albums. Weird eh?

You know I have several TP boxes and comps and the Live Anthology but I have no actual TP albums. Weird eh?

Not very, I own more live by him than studio. Both are great!