My take on r40!!

nicky6

Its much better than the last one. with all its flaws. mainly the singing. but it is what it is. if only his singing was as good as snakes and arrows first leg. we would have the perfect dvd.. But I still enjoyed it.. the setlist is great. But my fav version of between the wheels will always be r30... he nailed it on that one.. losing it was a treat..

Its much better than the last one. with all its flaws. mainly the singing. but it is what it is. if only his singing was as good as snakes and arrows first leg. we would have the perfect dvd.. But I still enjoyed it.. the setlist is great. But my fav version of between the wheels will always be r30... he nailed it on that one.. losing it was a treat..

Right!

I read an interview about Losing It being a kick ass live. ;)

We can all rest easy now.

Nicky6 has weighed in.

;) ;) ;) :LOL:

Sorry, Nicky, couldn't resist.

:LOL: hahahaha

• Like 2

We can all rest easy now.

Nicky6 has weighed in.

;) ;) ;) :LOL:

Sorry, Nicky, couldn't resist.

:laughing guy: It's true though!

I thought they did incredible on this tour, especially considering Alex and Niels medical issues.

• Like 3

Geddy's singing starts out pretty weak. It's like he can barely sing at all. It seems to improve after awhile though. But his voice was also really loud too. The music was too far in the background.

I like the DVD though despite those flaws.

• Like 1

starts out weak and gets worse and and worse... Just listened to a bootleg from the r30 tour and man, what a big huge difference. Its really embarrsing showing people lakeside park at a party and people will laugh at you.

The only odd thing I noticed about the mix was how insanely compressed Alex's guitar is during the middle part of Animate

starts out weak and gets worse and and worse... Just listened to a bootleg from the r30 tour and man, what a big huge difference. Its really embarrsing showing people lakeside park at a party and people will laugh at you.

Vocals aside, it was really good I thought. Geddy sounds good to me if he sings in his range, but anything pre-Signals is pretty much hopeless.

I've heard the preview tracks.

I still think Geddy's voice sounds good. His tone and range are great. What the problem is to me, is the yodeling.

Spirit Of Radio impressed me by how little yodeling there was, but Subdivisions had some rough spots.

"Yin the high school halls, Yin the shopping malls, be cool or be cast OoOoOoOoOUuuUt"

Other versions on the tour are better.

Closer To The Heart is the only preview track where the yodeling is really bad.

Beyond his voice, all 3 members playing and energy was incredible.

A great way to go out, from what i've heard.

Xanadu was a lot better than expected. I was very worried with that song.

I was expecting him to sing the "For i have dined on honeydew" parts like the record, vibrato-ing the hell out of "FoOoOoR" and "DrIiIiINk".

I'm also glad they didn't play any of the REALLY vocally demanding stuff. Imagine if Something For Nothing was played... yeah.

Vocals aside, it was really good I thought. Geddy sounds good to me if he sings in his range, but anything pre-Signals is pretty much hopeless.

Sans the latter-third of Natural Science, I think Geddy sounds far better on the very old material!

• Like 1

Sans the latter-third of Natural Science, I think Geddy sounds far better on the very old material!

That's true, there are exceptions, but buy and large, it's just out of his range.

I haven't listened to this yet, but I will sometime this week, probably. Based on what I've seen from what's been posted pre-release (Tom Sawyer, Xanadu, etc.) it'll be like the CA Tour, only with a really good mix, but other than that I'm expecting the performance to be the same. Solid performances from Alex and Neil, immortal bass playing from Ged, and shaky vocals here and there. Edited by BowlCity

It is,

What it is. They are not 30 years old. We are lucky that they have been around this long. I don't give a sh** what Geddy's voice sounds like! it's to be expected. Just seeing them perform live gives me chills. Love em!! :codger: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :rush: :haz:

• Like 4

It is,

What it is. They are not 30 years old. We are lucky that they have been around this long. I don't give a sh** what Geddy's voice sounds like! it's to be expected. Just seeing them perform live gives me chills. Love em!! :codger: :Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :rush: :haz:

I found with this tour and this show in particular that I got used to his voice after a song or two. Maybe after CA this is such an improvement that it's much less cringe worthy.

• Like 2

Have you guys not seen any of the videos of this tour on YouTube or not gone to a show? There should be no surprises here at all.

Exactly. The Denver show was amazing and the songs on YouTube looked really good to me.

Have you guys not seen any of the videos of this tour on YouTube or not gone to a show? There should be no surprises here at all.

Exactly. The Denver show was amazing and the songs on YouTube looked really good to me.

A lot of the fan videos were close to being as good as the official release.

• Like 2

It is,

Glorp, slurp, gulp. Mmmmm.

It is,

Glorp, slurp, gulp. Mmmmm.

Ok. :LOL:

I agree, they really played with passion this tour.

They always

Play with passion and heart!

Actually I was referring to how well the videos were taken not the show itself.

They always

Play with passion and heart!

you must not have been at any of the Presto gigs :D