Which Song Do You Adore The Most? "Message In A Bottle" or "Time In A Bottle?" Bottle Rocket Me Out Of Here!

RUSHHEAD666

The Coke Bottle Thread? Bubbles From "Trailer Park Boys?" Nope! Croce VS The Police!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Song Do You Love The Most?

• "Time In A Bottle" Jim Croce
    • "Message In A Bottle" The Police
    • Fukk these pop songs! My favorite "Bottle" Song Is Listed Below!

Message in a Bottle because...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBbIq2atrw

I know I know! Just saw that Jimmy video with STING doing that "Sting" Tone.

I listend to Croce all day today so I made a connection.

The Police are marvelous.

It's just that Jim's song speaks more to me at this point in my life of turmoil.

• Like 1

This is no contest. The love song Jim Croce performed is immortal, and lyrically, perhaps the most beautiful ever written. He was gone too soon. Music is a perfect compliment to the tone of the message.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uR96vc2Y3I

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

Both good songs. Gives me a chance to tell everyone how amazing Croce's guitarist Maury Muehleisen was. Criminally underrated, one of my favorite acoustic players ever.

He was special. Great chemistry between the two. Croce was a modern day psalmist, check this out:

I could never stand Jim Croce and his sappy songs, so......

"Seems I'm not alone in being alone...."

Yeah that song is neck and neck with Sometimes When We Touch by Dan Hill.

Agreed. I think I'm an oddball as a female in that I could never stand overly sentimental, emotional, nauseatingly sweet and sappy, songs. Think Color My World.

And Earl, you can take or leave my advice, but I have learned by trial and error that it is always wisest not to make yourself feel worse than you already do. It won't make you feel any better listening to songs that only make you feel worse and it does nothing to help matters. It's kind of like tears. You may feel momentarily relieved, but they never wash away the hurt or the sorrow. Only time does that.

Edited by Lorraine

Though before Earl ties my ears up and pulls my tail, I'll rectify the "never heard of Time In A Bottle" situation, and will henceforth roll up to youtube.

It's beautiful. :)

• Like 1

Time in a Bottle, without question.

And yes, I am sappy and sentimental to a fault. I have been for a long time. So... :huh:

What can I say? I've gotta be me.

But really, I like the beautiful, gentle sound of it infinitely more than the Police song. So it's not just a matter of sentimentality.

• Like 2

Though before Earl ties my ears up and pulls my tail, I'll rectify the "never heard of Time In A Bottle" situation, and will henceforth roll up to youtube.

Hahaha! Hey Baby! Great minds think alike! You beat me to the punch. Literally! LOL! I was just going to roast those little cat ears of yours!!! Croce is winning! NICE!

• Like 1