ART OF RUSH BOOK!

Jaminbenb

I just spent $240 yesterday on two pairs of soccer cleats and a pair of running shoes for my sons.

What's worse is that I'll be lucky if they even still fit them, about three months from now. :facepalm:

I realize that these things are a privilege to be able to afford in the first place, though.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

I'm even more glad I missed this now. Just got back from Satan, I mean guitar center. Over $1700 to replace my cymbal bag and its contents (minus the extra unneeded bits of collected junk I had). Much more important to me than an autographed book for $500 or $1000, especially since I can always try sending something to the tour and possibly get it back signed for the price of postage both ways. I love rush, and love memorabilia, but I have enough signed stuff now.

New signed edition alert!!!! For all you spendy types who missed out on the limited editions (these things always seem to show up like thieves in the night and then sell out before most folks realize they were there) I just stumbled on the latest offering from the online store--the Atrist Proof edition of the Art Of Rush is priced in between the slipcase and road case editions and is limited to only 40 copies, the first 10 of which were given to a select crowd of famous folk according to the blurb on the order page. They don't seem to ever promote these on the mailing list until they're sold out, but I happened to be up at 5am and randomly checked the online store. It's way expensive, but the rarest edition I'm aware of so far, and it's less than the road case version. I reluctantly pulled the trigger--My birthday is exactly two weeks from today. No idea when it will actually be available for shipping or if they already have them on hand, ready to go. Anyway, I'm hoping anyone else on TRF who would grab one finds this post before the eBay minions corner the market and charge $1500 for it.

When can we Pre-Order the 3 versions of the R40 Tour DVD?

Version 1- A 40 disc version featuring each and every concert on the R40 Tour. This comes in a limited edition of 1000 Iron boxed, signed by each band member, as well as a plaque certifying YOU as a Rush Super Fan with tons of Money.

$1999

Version 2- A 5 Disc version with Your choice of cities for that personalized Rush Box set. Also included is a Thank you card signed by a random member of Rush. $399

Version 3- A 2 Disc version featuring both Toronto shows.

$79

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71UpVsQCfUL._SX425_.jpg

New signed edition alert!!!! For all you spendy types who missed out on the limited editions (these things always seem to show up like thieves in the night and then sell out before most folks realize they were there) I just stumbled on the latest offering from the online store--the Atrist Proof edition of the Art Of Rush is priced in between the slipcase and road case editions and is limited to only 40 copies, the first 10 of which were given to a select crowd of famous folk according to the blurb on the order page. They don't seem to ever promote these on the mailing list until they're sold out, but I happened to be up at 5am and randomly checked the online store. It's way expensive, but the rarest edition I'm aware of so far, and it's less than the road case version. I reluctantly pulled the trigger--My birthday is exactly two weeks from today. No idea when it will actually be available for shipping or if they already have them on hand, ready to go. Anyway, I'm hoping anyone else on TRF who would grab one finds this post before the eBay minions corner the market and charge $1500 for it.

I'm still going to settle for the standard edition, which I haven't gotten around to getting yet.

I'm still going to settle for the standard edition, which I haven't gotten around to getting yet.

I ordinarily would too, but this happened at a moment when I've been getting a lot more higher paying work, and you only live once. My book is also scheduled to arrive Friday, so they obviously have the Artist Proof edition in stock. Have you been checking the Indy sellers on Amazon? Some will jack up the price, but others can be a really great bargain. Rushbackstage.com still hasn't tipped off the mailing list about the AP version, and they still haven't moved all of them yet. Surprising, since it's only 30 copies out of only 40 made, and the other versions flew out immediately during the presale.

It's really no different except that AP usually means a small test run of the finished product just to make sure it's up to snuff before they run the first full printing run, or it may be the first X number of finished books of the first run. Like a quality check. Since it's a numbered edition with a smaller number of total pieces, the value goes up a bit, but it's not like you're getting anything extra otherwise.

I got my standard edition brand new with the special poster for $69 on ebay yesterday will be here on Friday by FedEx I'm so excited been wanting this for a while.

I just got it today!!! WOW this thing is massive!. Almost to big to read.
  • Like 1

The book must be popular. The Backstage site is unresponsive for me right now. I was wanting to see if they had anymore pictures of the book.

The $995 & $495 versions are sold out.

Scalpers bought them up...duh.

Scalpers didn't buy all of them.

I'm sure some tried.

The book must be popular. The Backstage site is unresponsive for me right now. I was wanting to see if they had anymore pictures of the book.

The $995 & $495 versions are sold out.

Scalpers bought them up...duh.

Scalpers didn't buy all of them.

I'm sure some tried.

They would have had to have deep pockets and a willingness to only make a marginal profit. Let's say they brought 5. That's $5,000. Figure they resell them at $1,200. That's a $1,000 profit. Minus seller fees on most auction sites, maybe a net of $850+/-? I guessing only a few bought 2. One to sell, one to keep.

Scalpers definitely got some of these—they were all over ebay even before people actually received them. Some of those guys are selling stuff at inflated prices while it’s still available at the band’s website for the normal price. Defies logic, but I guess they manage to sucker an occasional person. At this point they are scarce and expensive on ebay, but no one is paying..

Scalpers definitely got some of these—they were all over ebay even before people actually received them. Some of those guys are selling stuff at inflated prices while it’s still available at the band’s website for the normal price. Defies logic, but I guess they manage to sucker an occasional person. At this point they are scarce and expensive on ebay, but no one is paying..

I've seen a couple of mid range numbered slip case copies for $1,600 & $1,799. Triple the original price. Let's face it, die-hard Rush fans know about the Backstage Club, we are the ones that buy the merchindice that we want to hold on to. The few that try to profit off of gullible people are not die-hard fans, neither are the gullible people.

When they were newer, a lot more of them flew around on ebay than now. It came out years ago, remember. Same with every signed edition of neil’s books—tons of them on ebay at first. Now only a few are left, 3 years after the last book came out.