• I just love the song!
    • It's okay.
    • One of the worst songs Rush ever did.

Here I am. All I said was "has there been a poll? . . ."

Right. So the thread was your idea.

But was it a bright idea . . . ?

Another poll idea, right there!

Great! Meta-polls!

I don't think we're too far away from a poll that asks, "Is it a good idea to have polls on The Rush Forum?"

• Like 1

Great! Meta-polls!

I don't think we're too far away from a poll that asks, "Is it a good idea to have polls on The Rush Forum?"

Eagle's head may explode... :LOL:
  • Like 2

I think there should be a poll in which forum members are asked to rank themselves on the spectrum between idealism and cynicism, then a question that asks to what extent they think Rush music is inspirational and optimistic as opposed to dark and gloomy, then a follow-up question that asks whether they are drawn to Rush as an antidote to their cynicism or a confirmation of their idealism, then a question that asks them to speculate on whether such rankings and pairings are ultimately meaningful or misguided, then a final question that asks whether these kinds of polls make them feel more cynical or more idealistic.

edit: I see now the third question is a bit leading. It assumes that the answer to question two will be the first option given. I don't think this would be granted research ethics clearance. Geez, these polls are tricky business!!

Edited by toymaker

Great! Meta-polls!

:laughing guy:

Of course it was! Look how well the poll turned out. Did you know so many loved Territories? I didn't.

I'm glad I got up this morning. How about you? :)

• Like 2

Here's our list of Territories' lovers right here, so if you run into one, you will know they are a TrueRushFan:

Lorraine, bigbobby10, Relayer2112, Narpsberg, Snaked, BowlCity, Na na na, Segue Myles, fraroc, J2112YYZ, Brucey, A rocket that ignites itself, mandydog, Union 5-3992, tx_rush, 2112FirstStreet, bluefox4000, Gabrielgil513, driven_to_xanadu, WorkingAllTheTime, bordercollie, Geddy's Soul Patch, Digital Dad, The Analog Grownup, 30kwpa, RushBoingo, DirtyMidnighter, tas7, Blue J, SUBDIVISIONS, Stormtron, Super25Smasher, Justin Case, Sticklight, Powderfinger, whdupree

Here's our list of Territories' lovers right here, so if you run into one, you will know they are a TrueRushFan:

Lorraine, bigbobby10, Relayer2112, Narpsberg, Snaked, BowlCity, Na na na, Segue Myles, fraroc, J2112YYZ, Brucey, A rocket that ignites itself, mandydog, Union 5-3992, tx_rush, 2112FirstStreet, bluefox4000, Gabrielgil513, driven_to_xanadu, WorkingAllTheTime, bordercollie, Geddy's Soul Patch, Digital Dad, The Analog Grownup, 30kwpa, RushBoingo, DirtyMidnighter, tas7, Blue J, SUBDIVISIONS, Stormtron, Super25Smasher, Justin Case, Sticklight, Powderfinger, whdupree

Oooohh! I've never been a trademark before! :D

I think there should be a poll in which forum members are asked to rank themselves on the spectrum between idealism and cynicism, then a question that asks to what extent they think Rush music is inspirational and optimistic as opposed to dark and gloomy, then a follow-up question that asks whether they are drawn to Rush as an antidote to their cynicism or a confirmation of their idealism, then a question that asks them to speculate on whether such rankings and pairings are utlimately meaningful or misguidede, then a final question that asks whether these kinds of polls make them feel more cynical or more idealistic.

:blink: ...
  • Like 1

I think there should be a poll in which forum members are asked to rank themselves on the spectrum between idealism and cynicism, then a question that asks to what extent they think Rush music is inspirational and optimistic as opposed to dark and gloomy, then a follow-up question that asks whether they are drawn to Rush as an antidote to their cynicism or a confirmation of their idealism, then a question that asks them to speculate on whether such rankings and pairings are utlimately meaningful or misguidede, then a final question that asks whether these kinds of polls make them feel more cynical or more idealistic.

That's easy to answer.

Go ahead and set the poll up. Let us know when you are ready for our answers.

Great! Meta-polls!

Sigh.

1. I'd give myself a 7 out of 10 on the cynical scale but that's increased with age.

2. I think Rush music is very optimistic. Neil has a very positive outlook on life and a low bullsh*t tolerance.

2a. Confirmation of idealism.

3. The results mainly only mean something to the individual person.

4. The polls don't make me feel either way. Some times frustrated, but that's something different.

I think there should be a poll in which forum members are asked to rank themselves on the spectrum between idealism and cynicism, then a question that asks to what extent they think Rush music is inspirational and optimistic as opposed to dark and gloomy, then a follow-up question that asks whether they are drawn to Rush as an antidote to their cynicism or a confirmation of their idealism, then a question that asks them to speculate on whether such rankings and pairings are utlimately meaningful or misguided, then a final question that asks whether these kinds of polls make them feel more cynical or more idealistic.

1. I'd give myself a 7 out of 10 on the cynical scale but that's increased with age.

2. I think Rush music is very optimistic. Neil has a very positive outlook on life and a low bullsh*t tolerance.

4. The polls don't make me feel either way. Some times frustrated, but that's something different.

Wow . . . you answered the poll questions before there was a poll! Did you have any free will when this happened, or were you on automatic?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

is it mean to say Narps that when i think of you that emoticon pops in my head every time.

That's just your face now, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I think there should be a poll in which forum members are asked to rank themselves on the spectrum between idealism and cynicism, then a question that asks to what extent they think Rush music is inspirational and optimistic as opposed to dark and gloomy, then a follow-up question that asks whether they are drawn to Rush as an antidote to their cynicism or a confirmation of their idealism, then a question that asks them to speculate on whether such rankings and pairings are utlimately meaningful or misguided, then a final question that asks whether these kinds of polls make them feel more cynical or more idealistic.

Wow . . . you answered the poll questions before there was a poll! Did you have any free will when this happened, or were you on automatic?

It felt like free will, but how do I really know?

is it mean to say Narps that when i think of you that emoticon pops in my head every time.

That's just your face now, lol

Mick

No... :)
  • Like 2

Eagle answers polls in her sleep I bet. :LOL:

It's called Answerthepollitis. Kind of related to Narcolepsy but you wake up and click poll options and then fall back to sleep.

• Like 2

It's called Answerthepollitis. Kind of related to Narcolepsy but you wake up and click poll options and then fall back to sleep.

I think I'm coming down with it too. It's a digital nightmare is what it is.

• Like 1

I think I'm coming down with it too. It's a digital nightmare is what it is.

The bad part is when you wake up later and realize what you've posted. Man, the guilt and regret. :LOL:

• Like 2

Not the best song on the album but i love PW, an album i can play from start to finish without skipping tracks.